Page 357 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2573073473533543553563573583593603613674074578571357 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by TONNER99 View Post
    I apologize if this has been answered previously, but does anyone know/has anyone heard if Marvel plans to reissue the 3 Volumes of the Tomb of Dracula Omnibus that initially came out in 2008?
    It might happen but my guess would be no since they would need to reprint 3 volumes really. I know the after market price is high but I'm not sure broad demand is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I'm thinking of picking up the NYX Complete Collection. Any thoughts on it?
    As someone who has read NYX I must honestly say it's OK. It's not my favorite story by far but it's definitely worth a read at least. What makes it a bit unique is that unlike most other books it's actually a complete stand-alone thing in the way that it's a group of mutants scrapping by living on the streets set in the 616 universe but other groups like the Avengers or the X-Men are nowhere to be seen and the story is a very personal and down to earth one and not world-threatening event XY.
    The marketing of the Complete Collection of course makes it very clear what the main selling point of the series is and which is the reason why I personally have read it. It's the first comic appearance of X-23 and this story is a part of her history that is brought up from time to time so this book is also interesting for all those who want to get more familiar with the character and her backstory. I will say right away though that the book itself doesn't do much to establish her specifically. As a matter of fact if you wouldn't have any kind of knowledge about Marvel at all and would read this story then you would still have no idea at all who she is and what's up with her at the end because she isn't even named once in the comic.
    I cannot comment on the NYX follow up run that is also included though. Somebody else has to do that.

Hope that was helpful in some way and if you or others have some follow-up questions I will gladly try to answer them.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    My friends thought so as well. I'm curious what was so great about Jack to you? Was it that he was a geek into collecting stuff others saw as junk? I always wondered if that aspect of him is what people identified with. I'm the minority of my friends not seeing the appeal. I know I'm the odd man out
    First, I think Jack is an incredible character. He never wanted to be a super hero but it was forced upon him. So he had to deal with it. Throughout the series, you can see him struggling and contemplating this on a constant basis. Sometimes he doesn't feel good enough or noble enough to be a hero and he comes across as very authentic and normal. His refusal to take on a traditional costume, but actually wear normal clothes further encapsulates his feelings. Fans can identify with that.

It's not until later on in the series and his time with the JSA that he somewhat accepts his responsibility as Starman and embraces it. During the series, Robinson brings in the GA villain Shade who achieves redemption and becomes an ally to Jack. And did I mention how cool Opal City is? It's one of my favorite fictional cities, second only to Gotham. Heck, even the letter pages are the best ever!

Robinson weaves an amazing tale that covers not only the GA Starman, but others who took up the mantle as well and he does it so well. It's truly a masterpiece story that encompasses time and space. And when Jack meets Nash, things get really crazy. And in a good way. In a real twist, Nash ends up pregnant with Jack's son. And it ends on a happy note. I love it. And I love the fact that Robinson got to tell his story that has a beginning, middle and definitive end. And when it ended, it ended. No loose ends, no bringing Jack back into the super hero biz. No messing with him or his son. His story was told and that's that.

I'm not sure how anyone can read this entire series and not be thrilled by it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    FWIW, he's all awful to me.
    even Airboy!?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by TONNER99 View Post
    I apologize if this has been answered previously, but does anyone know/has anyone heard if Marvel plans to reissue the 3 Volumes of the Tomb of Dracula Omnibus that initially came out in 2008?
    We have no way of knowing. That said, there are two reasonable schools of thought on this:

(1) It's one of the more obscure, low-demand, non-superhero omnibuses - it probably won't merit a reprint. Going sequentially through Omnis as they've been printed, Marvel has also skipped Eternals, Devil Dinosaur, and Amazing Fantasy for reprint

(2) Though Marvel is generally moving through their oldest omnibuses in the order they were printed, it's hasn't been strictly chronological. After all, they haven't yet reprinted Silver Surfer or Iron Man Vol. 1, and both would probably sell well (plus Incredible Hulk Vol. 1, which sold poorly).

If any of the omnis I named above get a reprint (especially from the first bullet), chances look slightly better for Tomb of Dracula Vol. 1. However, note that it is the first non-superhero non-glued omnibus after Howard the Duck, which got a freak reprint for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. All of the omnibuses in the first bullet are glued, so Marvel has an extra reason to go back to print on them. There's nothing else comparable to Tomb of Dracula in being a classic, non-superhero, initially glued book until John Carter, Warlord of Mars in 2012.

That said, I would be very surprised if Marvel reprinted the third Tomb of Dracula volume unless we get into a truly comprehensive omnibus reprint program. That one lingered for quite a long time on clearance lists and you can still purchase it for under cover price.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    First, I think Jack is an incredible character. He never wanted to be a super hero but it was forced upon him. So he had to deal with it. Throughout the series, you can see him struggling and contemplating this on a constant basis. Sometimes he doesn't feel good enough or noble enough to be a hero and he comes across as very authentic and normal. His refusal to take on a traditional costume, but actually wear normal clothes further encapsulates his feelings. Fans can identify with that.

It's not until later on in the series and his time with the JSA that he somewhat accepts his responsibility as Starman and embraces it. During the series, Robinson brings in the GA villain Shade who achieves redemption and becomes an ally to Jack. And did I mention how cool Opal City is? It's one of my favorite fictional cities, second only to Gotham. Heck, even the letter pages are the best ever!

Robinson weaves an amazing tale that covers not only the GA Starman, but others who took up the mantle as well and he does it so well. It's truly a masterpiece story that encompasses time and space. And when Jack meets Nash, things get really crazy. And in a good way. In a real twist, Nash ends up pregnant with Jack's son. And it ends on a happy note. I love it. And I love the fact that Robinson got to tell his story that has a beginning, middle and definitive end. And when it ended, it ended. No loose ends, no bringing Jack back into the super hero biz. No messing with him or his son. His story was told and that's that.

I'm not sure how anyone can read this entire series and not be thrilled by it.
    I absolutely could not have said this better. On top of that it had a brilliant ending. Could he come back? Sure. Will he? Probably not, but it would be one hell of a come back if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wow! Even starman?
    Yeah, I find it to be incredibly boring and over-written. I think Robinson has some really strong/creative ideas & themes, but it completely failed for me in its execution. The pacing is off. The dialogue is off. I simply could not force myself to get through the chore of reading it any longer and gave up. Got through the first 2+ omnibuseses and haven't touched it since.

(I also don't understand the love for Opal City. Again, I sense the amount of effort Robinson is putting into establishing the City as its own character, as a city that could rival Gotham or Metropolis in its uniqueness, but I legit felt none of that. And found it annoying that he kept trying to hit me over the head with how "special" this inanimate city was.)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    even Airboy!?
    Haven't read that. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Haven't read that. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
    Its a hoot, but very much NSFW.

Amazing Member

Just finished FF Fraction Omnibus. Damn, i thought the was fun! For some reason i have never heard anyone talk about it. I liked how the Fantastic Four book was completely different to the FF. But they worked off each other really well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Just finished FF Fraction Omnibus. Damn, i thought the was fun! For some reason i have never heard anyone talk about it. I liked how the Fantastic Four book was completely different to the FF. But they worked off each other really well.
    I liked what he did with the FF, but the F4 was garbage and that is why it is not spoken of. Especially coming off of Hickman's run.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I liked what he did with the FF, but the F4 was garbage and that is why it is not spoken of. Especially coming off of Hickman's run.
    Co-signed. FF was sheer brilliance, F4 was a slog. Maybe the F4 book read better interspersed with the other one? How did the omni order the material, mrjohnnykid?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Co-signed. FF was sheer brilliance, F4 was a slog. Maybe the F4 book read better interspersed with the other one? How did the omni order the material, mrjohnnykid?

It alternated like it was originally released with the F4 #5 Age of Ultron issue at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I would love to see a deluxe edition of the FF book. F4 was such a let down, I liked the idea of traveling through time and space to teach the kids, but ended up just being a massive let down.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    I've read the first few issues of both and liked them but preferred FF like everyone else. still the omnibus is on my wishlist and planning to purchase it soon(ish).
    I think when F4 came out was the time when people started to get disappointed in Fraction. The delays on Hawkeye made people uninterested and the novelty of his takes wore of after 7-8 issues.
    Also Sex Criminals started to come out which probably just made his disappointed readers reassured that he is a gimmick writer since that title pretty much sounds like the textbook example of a one note joke (I love it btw).
    I started to get disappointed in him as well but then forced myself to read Satellite Sam which had everything going against him (I'm not a Chaykin fan) and I bloody loved that book. Then read Hawkeye and still think it's a very solid run that anyone can throw at a new reader at any time to introduce him/her into comics.
    So I'm back on track with Fraction and looking forward to get the F4 omnibus-

All-New Member

what marvel omnibus do you guys want reprinted the most?

mine would be

immortal iron fist by Fraction
    Thor by Walter Simonson Omnibus
    Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender Omnibus