Page 723 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2236236737137197207217227237247257267277337738231223 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 20762
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've been over to the Diamond Comics Previews page a few times since yesterday and their page for Upcoming Books 'Next Week' is blank.
    Anyone else seeing that?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've been over to the Diamond Comics Previews page a few times since yesterday and their page for Upcoming Books 'Next Week' is blank.
    Anyone else seeing that?
    Happening to me too.

Can someone reply and/or point me to info on how to remove remainder marks from books? I'm guessing it's using sandpaper to sand off the black magic marker... but unsure what grit and the process. Not a HUGE deal to me, but it would be nice for my OCD to not have those little black dots on most of my books (since I'm cheap and would rather buy these than brand new books w/out remainder marks, LOL) thanks again, and sorry to derail the conversation.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Mine doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Just "finished" my MoKF Vol 4 omni and found a most insidious defect. The last signature in the book is missing 4 sheets, so while the table of contents specifies The last chapter starts on page 765 my omnibus abruptly ends at 760 and goes directly into extras. Any one else have this issue? I have to say I have just about friggin had it with the complete lack of quality control on these "premium" books. I already page through upon arrival to check for rips, tears, mis-cut pages and any number of other easy to spot defects, but apparently I now have to count pages... I swear I have to return almost every other book (I've had to return several up to 3 times) for far from trivial production defects I don't know how much longer I can keep supporting these. Seriously am I just unlucky or are others experiencing a marked uptick in severe printing defects? Anybody who keeps these things in shrink wrap is playing with fire on what kind of product they have on their shelf IMO.

Very much looking forward to Marvel FINALLY reprinting my 'white whale', Jason Aaron/Steve Dillon (R.I.P) PunisherMAX run. It'll come out next year as PunisherMAX The Complete Collection Volume 7.

I read it online and loved it - but balked at the cost of trying to collect the four separate volumes (Kingpin, Bullseye, Frank, Homeless). Apart from that, just really enjoying picking an choosing what I want to read/get next - I'll always love Marvel but moreso stuff from before the SJW stuff got really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Are the reprints of True Believer Jean Grey/Phoenix that will soon be released to be collected into one volume sometime in 2018?
    I have my doubts. True Believers issues are themselves the “raise awareness of a new upcoming thing”. A series of Wolverine ones around when Logan came out, X-Men ones at the start of RessurXion, Jack Kirby issues for his 100th. None of these resulted in collections. Frankly, I doubt they’d sell well. The Jean one has a bunch of one-shots that might be an ok TPB, but the others were a lot of issue 1s or starting points, not all of which were meant to be read alone (Giant-Size X-Men and X-Men 1 sure, but not Wolverine (1982&1988) 1, MCP 1-3, X-23 1, Uncanny X-Men 281, etc.)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Did anyone pick up the Generations OHC or read any of the one shots?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I've read half of them. Some were decent one-shots, but the Hawkeye issue was the only one that made me say, "Wow, that's great comics."

Who knows - maybe the other half are all awesome!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Highly recommended. It's a modern classic and made Loki a full fledged anti-hero protagonist. Any fan of Loki needs this omnibus.
    Is this the run that bookends the Straczynski omnibus? Or is that collected elsewhere?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I've read half of them. Some were decent one-shots, but the Hawkeye issue was the only one that made me say, "Wow, that's great comics."

Who knows - maybe the other half are all awesome!
    Thanks Krisis for the reply. I was considering the OHC, but l think I'll pass. The last Marvel "event" OHC I purchased was "Secret Wars" (haven't read it yet). I "avoided" "Inhumans vs X-Men", "Civil War II" and "Secret Empire".

Btw, good to hear from you. How is life with the Kiwis?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll be curious as well.
    I didn't immediately get this one either. I have it in my Wish List and if it gets a good clearance mark down I may pick it up regardless.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Thanks Krisis for the reply. I was considering the OHC, but l think I'll pass. The last Marvel "event" OHC I purchased was "Secret Wars" (haven't read it yet). I "avoided" "Inhumans vs X-Men", "Civil War II" and "Secret Empire".

Btw, good to hear from you. How is life with the Kiwis?
    Im about a third the way thru secret empire and it's been really good so far. I really don't see what all the fuss has been about. Cap has actually come a cross a lot more sympathetic than i expected. My only complaint is i wish they realeased or included something with more build up, cause there is a lot already going on and in place once you start.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Is this the run that bookends the Straczynski omnibus? Or is that collected elsewhere?
    The Gillen run on Thor after JMS is a separate story. It covers the buildup and tie ins for Siege. These issues are in 2 TPB or 1 complete collection. After Siege, the title turns from Thor back into Journey Into Mystery starring Loki with Thor then launched as a new title.

Astonishing Member

Are the Generations issues going to be included in the collections for the respective character titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The Gillen run on Thor after JMS is a separate story. It covers the buildup and tie ins for Siege. These issues are in 2 TPB or 1 complete collection. After Siege, the title turns from Thor back into Journey Into Mystery starring Loki with Thor then launched as a new title.
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a Gillen-Bendis-Fraction Thor omnibus, bridging the gap between the Straczynski omnibus and the Journey into mystery omnibus? That and a second Heroes return omnibus and all of the 2000's Thor would be collected in oversized hardcovers
    Last edited by Eddy82; 11-30-2017 at 03:04 AM.