Page 239 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1391892292352362372382392402412422432492893397391239 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 20771
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Also of note is the Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 18 HC which I will most certainly be picking up.

The only other "new" item I'm planning on purchasing is the Star Wars: Kanan Omnibus.

I'll chime in also and say that it's annoying to see something like the GotG Bendis Omnibus. They're even throwing into the Omnibus that other GotG/AV OHC that some of you may have purchased i.e. Avengers Assemble. That's great for the sake of completionism, but all they're doing is more or less giving us the same material in OHC again. It just goes to show that they'll Omnibus anything Bendis these days and anything Deadpool, for that matter.

I haven't yet purchased Daredevil Waid Vol. 4 OHC, and I am now considering waiting for an eventual Omnibus. I reckon both OHC Volumes 4 and 5 will eventually be on remainder and available for cheap (as I believe almost every Marvel Now OHC has been). Therefore, if no Omnibus materialises in the next year or so, I'll pick up the OHCs cheap.

As I have never read any GOTG and my only experience with them is the movie, and I like Bendis's DD, Powers and Alias a lot, will I enjoy his GOTG? Is it just a complete character change (won't bother me) that people hate or is it just a bad read?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    As I have never read any GOTG and my only experience with them is the movie, and I like Bendis's DD, Powers and Alias a lot, will I enjoy his GOTG? Is it just a complete character change (won't bother me) that people hate or is it just a bad read?
    my main problem with the book was the lack of plot in favour of constant quipping. Didn't feel like anything's happening.
    While in the DNA run you got both.
    Also the McNieven costume designs sucked big time, especially Star Lord. Then he got the movie costume which is al right I guess but I still think the DNA era costume is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I don't mean to harp, but I just received my Secret Wars ohc and it's truly gross. Wavy paper, tight binding. Disappointed.
    Yep. Really wavy, cheap. Disappointing. Is Marvel trying to push us to digital?

Happy for the Deadpool announcement, been fighting off the desire to buy the OHCs thinking this was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    my main problem with the book was the lack of plot in favour of constant quipping. Didn't feel like anything's happening.
    While in the DNA run you got both.
    Also the McNieven costume designs sucked big time, especially Star Lord. Then he got the movie costume which is al right I guess but I still think the DNA era costume is the best.
    Cheers Balakin, I'll add it to my maybe list

Cheers Balakin, I'll add it to my maybe list
    forgot to add that I also really like Alias, DD and Powers, GoTG IMHO is not on the same level. But I've read it monthly so maybe if you binge it it's better.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I, also, had never read a single panel of Guardians prior to Avengers Assemble #1-8.

With no prior experience, I can still say about Bendis's run that nothing happens and there are no characters.

Truly, it's just a big gang of very well drawn people all saying interchangeable words. except for Rocket, who uses more slang, and Groot, who is Groot. There is briefly an interesting friendship/rivalry with Gamora and Angela, but only in that they're both violent women with swords. There is a mega-arc about Star-Lord's father, but it moves forward independent of any actions taken by the team. I can't even remember Drax doing anything on panel for the entire series.

I can find a handful (literally: no more than five) of redeeming qualities about Bendis's X-Men run, but his GotG run was dead on arrival and he never revived it.
    Last edited by krisis; 03-24-2016 at 05:19 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Here is my factual review of the Elektra omnibus (second print): http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ller-bill.html.
    I don't own the original 2008 edition, so if anybody spots differences with this reprint just let me know, it will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I, also, had never read a single panel of Guardians prior to Avengers Assemble #1-8.

With no prior experience, I can still say about Bendis's run that nothing happens and there are no characters.

Truly, it's just a big gang of very well drawn people all saying interchangeable words. except for Rocket, who uses more slang, and Groot, who is Groot. There is briefly an interesting friendship/rivalry with Gamora and Angela, but only in that they're both violent women with swords. There is a mega-arc about Star-Lord's father, but it moves forward independent of any actions taken by the team. I can't even remember Drax doing anything on panel for the entire series.

I can find a handful (literally: no more than five) of redeeming qualities about Bendis's X-Men run, but his GotG run was dead on arrival and he never revived it.
    I'll move it to my 'probably not' pile then

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Right? That has to be the heaviest Deadpool story ever, yet it was also laugh-out-loud funny at points.
    What made it so heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    New items include a Deadpool omnibus by Duggan and Poesehn (or however that is spelt) and a Bendis GotG omnibus COLLECTING: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE 1-8; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 0.1, 1-27, ANNUAL 1; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: TOMORROW'S AVENGERS 1; ALL-NEW X-MEN 22-24; FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2014 (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) 1; GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE 1-4.

I would post more, but whenever I try to move around that Edelwiss site it tells me that it isnt for the public and boots me out
    So if they do a third OHC then all that needs collecting appears to be issues 25-27 and the Guardians to Nowhere?

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So if they do a third OHC then all that needs collecting appears to be issues 25-27 and the Guardians to Nowhere?
    Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 OHC collects 18-27 and Annual 1 according to the description on edelweiss.

Has anyone on here read the new Daredevil series by Soule and Garney? Is it any good? I can't decide if I want to check it out or not.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 OHC collects 18-27 and Annual 1 according to the description on edelweiss.

Has anyone on here read the new Daredevil series by Soule and Garney? Is it any good? I can't decide if I want to check it out or not.
    I'm really enjoying the DD series.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdotluci View Post
    I'm really enjoying the DD series.
    Thanks! How would you say it compares to the darker DD stuff by Bendis and Brubaker? I have just looked at preview art, which I like, but the villain seems to teeter on being a joke. haha

Sad thing is, I recall a couple weeks ago a user was asking about the potential of a Bendis GotG Omni, and everyone shot him down. :/