Page 997 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799399499599699799899910001001100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,955 of 20771
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

STAR WARS: AGE OF RESISTANCE OHC
    Written by TOM TAYLOR, G. WILLOW WILSON & CHRIS ELIOPOULOS
    Penciled by LEONARD KIRK, RAMON ROSANAS, MATTEO BUFFAGNI, ELSA CHARRETIER & JAVIER PINA
    Cover by PATCH ZIRCHER
    Concluding the Age of Star Wars — epic adventures featuring your favorite characters from all three film trilogies! This final volume spotlights the heroes of the Resistance and the villains of the First Order! Witness the moments that define them and the incredible battles that shaped them — and their eternal conflict between light and darkness! Solo stories shine a light on major figures from Star Wars Episodes VII-IX — including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Rose Tico, Maz Kanata, Vice Admiral Holdo…and the lovable BB-8! But in the growing darkness, Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke, Captain Phasma and General Hux are waiting! Collecting STAR WARS: AGE OF RESISTANCE — CAPTAIN PHASMA, FINN, GENERAL HUX, KYLO REN, POE DAMERON, REY, ROSE TICO, SUPREME LEADER SNOKE and SPECIAL.
    224 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL. 22 HC
    Written by ROGER STERN with JAN STRNAD, BILL MANTLO, MARK GRUENWALD & MARK BURBEY
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR. with RICK LEONARDI & BOB HALL
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR
    ON SALE JULY 2020
    The Marvel Masterworks are proud to present one of the greatest eras in Spider-Man history: Roger Stern and John Romita Jr.’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! These two all-time greats raised Spidey to new heights while recapturing the compelling tone and character-driven focus that made the web-slinger world-famous! Stern and JRJR returned classic villains like the Vulture to the fore, explored a disturbing fate for the Tarantula, told the definitive Juggernaut story and made J. Jonah Jameson a bigger pain than ever before. And that was just their warm-up! This incomparable volume also features the first appearance of Monica Rambeau (A.K.A. Captain Marvel), a mountain of character profiles from the OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, an in-depth intro by Roger Stern and more! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #224-237 and ANNUAL #16.
    448 PGS./Rated T …$100.00

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 22 HC
    Written by JOHN BYRNE with STAN LEE
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    ON SALE JUNE 2020
    Master storyteller John Byrne’s groundbreaking FANTASTIC FOUR run continues! From a mysterious Wakandan adventure to the chilling return of Galactus, Byrne orchestrates epic adventures that capture the spirit of what makes the FF Marvel’s greatest super-team. Each issue explores the essence of these beloved characters while also putting them in extremely unexpected places — like side by side with Doctor Doom in a battle for Latveria! Byrne also recognizes the power of Sue Richards, has changes in store for Nova and the Thing and returns to the X-Men for a supersized 250th-issue extravaganza! Plus: John Byrne’s SILVER SURFER collaboration with Stan Lee, an alternate-universe exploration of a Fantastic Four without super-powers and a rare story spotlighting Mister Fantastic! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #241-250, SILVER SURFER (1982) #1 and material from WHAT IF? (1977) #36 and MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #2.
    360 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm most excited for that Ben Reilly vol.2 Omni followed by Heroes Reborn:The Return. Conan vol.4 is likely to be gotten and the Solomon Kane and Marvel Classics will be blow out clearance buys if they are around for that.(I think they will be).

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Written by ROGER STERN with JAN STRNAD, BILL MANTLO, MARK GRUENWALD & MARK BURBEY
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR
    ON SALE JULY 2020
    The Marvel Masterworks are proud to present one of the greatest eras in Spider-Man history: Roger Stern and John Romita Jr.’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! These two all-time greats raised Spidey to new heights while recapturing the compelling tone and character-driven focus that made the web-slinger world-famous! Stern and JRJR returned classic villains like the Vulture to the fore, explored a disturbing fate for the Tarantula, told the definitive Juggernaut story and made J. Jonah Jameson a bigger pain than ever before. And that was just their warm-up! This incomparable volume also features the first appearance of Monica Rambeau (A.K.A. Captain Marvel), a mountain of character profiles from the OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, an in-depth intro by Roger Stern and more! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #224-237 and ANNUAL #16.
    So with this solicit the MMW are only about 3 or so volumes away from the McFarlene collected Omni. Moving right along!

Also, my wife is not a fan of my book buying. I marginally offset it buy selling off single runs in a semi-regular way via Ebay.
    Our support group has begun!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

100 Omnibuses in a year - that's Speedy Gonzales quick. I started collecting them back in 2011 or thereabouts when I picked up the then OOP Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1 for half cover or so. It was when I started to get back into comics after a 25 year hiatus, mainly thanks to the MCU. I then decided to only pick up those that I really wanted..... So much for that, I now have 113 Marvel Omnibuses, 28 Marvel Masterworks and around 80+ Marvel OHCs! My wife's also not a fan and asks from time to time when I'm going to start selling them I did manage to sell a few books. It's very hard to part with them. Anyway, welcome to the Omnibus club!
    Thanks, Raffi. For me, it can be traced back to my MU subscription. Read Ultimate Spider-man and really liked it but just something about holding the stuff in your hands that I prefer to a digital subscription. It’s funny you mention x-men as I just recently collected 94-321 (mostly through omnibus but sprinkled in some epics and tpb’s when it made more sense). Also, I think it is a similar experience for a lot of us. We start off saying we will only get what we really want but it quickly spirals especially when you see deals you can’t pass up (for example the Conan vol 1 variant cover which I’ve seen go for up to $300 and I snagged it at cover - very happy about that). I’ve pretty much got everything on my wish list. As I read through, I intend on selling what I really don’t dig. Gonna part with the invincible compendiums for example (really liked but not enough to want to hang onto it). Also, when I said 100 Omnibus I was a bit off lol. I counted and it’s actually 131 to be exact. Also have a lot of DC omnibus too. I know we aren’t supposed to admit that here but I do have a soft spot for a lot of their stuff. Regardless, I’m glad to join the club and don’t intend on stopping anytime soon if ever.

Spectacular Member

Any opinions on the Marvel Classics material? The names of Moench and Maggin catch my attention...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Any opinions on the Marvel Classics material? The names of Moench and Maggin catch my attention...
    Yeah, I was wondering the same. Always have been interested in the Iliad and an adaptation such as this definitely piques the interest but hard to find reviews for this. Would be nice to get the take of someone familiar with the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering the same. Always have been interested in the Iliad and an adaptation such as this definitely piques the interest but hard to find reviews for this. Would be nice to get the take of someone familiar with the material.
    Iliad AND Odyssey, correct? And Dickens, and Poe, and Frankenstein... This is a sure buy for me, at least on release day. Not sure if this will be 'bargain bin' material like some have said, but it makes sense for Marvel to do this; I mean all the material in it is copyright free, I would assume, by now, so they can print it for little $ and make a profit, Good for them.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR
    ON SALE JULY 2020
    I already have the Roger Stern omni which covers this material (along with what I assume will be the contents of Amazing MMW Vol 23 and the eventual Spectacular MMW Vols 4 and 5). But even when I prefer oversized art, I still might be getting this one anyway. If anything, because I specifically find the Stern omni super unwieldy and uncomfortable to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So with this solicit the MMW are only about 3 or so volumes away from the McFarlene collected Omni. Moving right along!
    Yeah, it's not too far. One more volume by Stern/Romita and a few issues before we get to Michelinie/McFarlane. I cannot believe how -relateviley- close we are to Kraven's Last Hunt in MMW. What do you guys think the collecting procedure will be once we get to these different-title-crossover storylines?
    Last edited by JJ87; 12-20-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN OMNIBUS
    Written by ED PISKOR
    Penciled by ED PISKOR
    Cover by ED PISKOR
    ON SALE JULY 2020
    Over six tumultuous decades, the X-Men have carved a singular place in comic book lore and popular culture. Now, New York Times best-selling author Ed Piskor (Hip-Hop Family Tree, Wizzywig) takes you on a pulse-pounding tour of X-Men history unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before — an intricate labor of love that stitches together hundreds of classic and obscure stories into one seamless X-Men masterpiece! All three volumes of Piskor’s GRAND DESIGN series are collected in a single volume for the first time — taking you from Professor X’s formation of the original team, through the Second Genesis of the All-New, All-Different X-Men and the devastating Dark Phoenix Saga, to 1980s epics, such as Inferno, that pushed mutantkind to the brink of X-tinction! Collecting X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN #1-2, X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN — SECOND GENESIS #1-2 and X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN — X-TINCTION #1-2.
    488 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00
    I loved reading these! I am currently reading the Byrne/Claremont run again. Piskor made me love the X Men again. Any thoughts on the Powers of X or House of X books? At the LCS I saw that book and it was oversized.

In for another Conan and maybe for Kane and Classics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    In for another Conan and maybe for Kane and Classics.
    Since I’m going to be getting all the Savage Conan omnibus releases assuming they finish the whole run, the Solomon Kane omnibus is too much of a double dip. I also have Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Vol 3 for that one Dracula lives issue. Altogether, that’s 23/36 issues or approximately 64% of the issues covered elsewhere. So for anyone getting all the savage conan omnibus releases, this is probably not worthwhile. Though some of the material is a lot later on (the 9 savage conan issues from 53 onwards won’t be collected for a while) so it’s understandable if some buy this out of impatience.
    Last edited by Nab432; 12-21-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Since I’m going to be getting all the Savage Conan omnibus releases assuming they finish the whole run, the Solomon Kane omnibus is too much of a double dip. I also have Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Vol 3 for that one Dracula lives issue. Altogether, that’s 23/36 issues or approximately 64% of the issues covered elsewhere. So for anyone getting all the savage conan omnibus releases, this is probably not worthwhile. Though some of the material is a lot later on (the 9 savage conan issues from 53 onwards won’t be collected for a while) so it’s understandable if some buy this out of impatience.
    Good to know. I'm not familiar with the Kane material. I'm buying every Conan they release so maybe I'll hold off on this book. Thanks for the info.

Spectacular Member

I don’t understand how it is a double dip as Savage Conan Omnibus only has Conan and no Kane. And Kane will have only Kane and no Conan.

I have heard the Kane material is inconsistent though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    I don’t understand how it is a double dip as Savage Conan Omnibus only has Conan and no Kane. And Kane will have only Kane and no Conan.

I have heard the Kane material is inconsistent though.
    You’re right. I looked at the table of contents in the Savage Conan Omnibus Vol 2 and only the Conan story is there (the “Right of Hand of Doom” I believe was the Kane story in #13 and that isn’t there). I was confused and assumed otherwise. Thanks for correcting my mistake. The Kane Omni is back on my radar now. Glad I read your post.