Page 150 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 501001401461471481491501511521531541602002506501150 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Bendis Crime Omnibus in the latest solicits. There's a surprise.

Also the new printing of Deadpool Minibus collects an additional two miniseries, and a Volume 2 has been solicited covering the next five minis.

New X-Men's getting another reprint too.
    Where did you see new X men omni is getting reprinted? Either way this is awesome, I wish they would just reprint everything! Id love to get my hands on a secret warriors omni. And today is the day to order UXM vol 3 omni!! Although I have vol 2, I will not be reading either of them until vol 1 is reprinted in may. Still very excited!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The year of reprints continues.

If only they would change the cover or stick something on the spine to say '2nd printing' etc.

I'm happy people can get these books in the format they want, but I'm less happy that the collectability of rare books I own is hurt every time they reprint. You dont generally get that with reprints of most things - they want to advertise it's a new printing to show how popular it is, or they want to change up the covers/spines to encourage double dipping.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Where did you see new X men omni is getting reprinted? Either way this is awesome, I wish they would just reprint everything! Id love to get my hands on a secret warriors omni. And today is the day to order UXM vol 3 omni!! Although I have vol 2, I will not be reading either of them until vol 1 is reprinted in may. Still very excited!
    It's in the May solicits for release on September 7th.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

It's in the link at the top of this site that reads "Steve Rogers is Captain America, "Civil War II" Begins in Marvel's May 2016 Solicitations".

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The year of reprints continues.

If only they would change the cover or stick something on the spine to say '2nd printing' etc.

I'm happy people can get these books in the format they want, but I'm less happy that the collectability of rare books I own is hurt every time they reprint. You dont generally get that with reprints of most things - they want to advertise it's a new printing to show how popular it is, or they want to change up the covers/spines to encourage double dipping.
    Yeah it sucks that the value of a book that you own goes down, but at the same time it makes more money for the companies which=more releases and comics staying around longer. And I would hate having "second printing" on my spine or anywhere. I think that would stop many people from buying. But I myself couldn't care THAT much about a cover change, since I care more about the contents inside.

Amazing Member

So is the UXM Vol 3 Omnibus especially rare or something? CGN usually has it for at least 45% off for the first week or so but it's only 40% and limited to one per customer.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
    So is the UXM Vol 3 Omnibus especially rare or something? CGN usually has it for at least 45% off for the first week or so but it's only 40% and limited to one per customer.
    CGN has done this before on the Direct/Standard covers for Marvel Omnis. Wait for IST to post their listings in a few hours. They typically post around 3pm/2pm est/cst and 98% of the time don't gouge you for the cover difference. However, their stock could be lower so I'd be sitting on go at 2:05 if I were you.

One time, I think it was for the Thor vol.2, I was unable to be sitting on go for my order and when I got freed up to do so the cover I wanted had sold out in just a few hours.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Yeah it sucks that the value of a book that you own goes down, but at the same time it makes more money for the companies which=more releases and comics staying around longer. And I would hate having "second printing" on my spine or anywhere. I think that would stop many people from buying. But I myself couldn't care THAT much about a cover change, since I care more about the contents inside.
    It isnt about value, it's about rarity. It's about the act of collecting, which needs rare items to make it exciting and worthwhile. Tracking down a rare first edition etc is what has pushed book collecting forever. Nowhere but Marvel does a book get a reprint and keep the exact same dust jacket and not get some sort of indication that it's another print. Even when they reprint the comics they tend to put something on there or do a special cover to indicate it. It seems odd they dont do the same here, when these are large expensive niche items that should have something about them that makes them 'special' items.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    It isnt about value, it's about rarity. It's about the act of collecting, which needs rare items to make it exciting and worthwhile. Tracking down a rare first edition etc is what has pushed book collecting forever. Nowhere but Marvel does a book get a reprint and keep the exact same dust jacket and not get some sort of indication that it's another print. Even when they reprint the comics they tend to put something on there or do a special cover to indicate it. It seems odd they dont do the same here, when these are large expensive niche items that should have something about them that makes them 'special' items.
    it says on the inside which printing is it.
    DC reprint lot of stuff as well, I think more than Marvel but they usually do it when stocks start to run out and they don't do alternate covers either.
    I'm pretty sure publishers only do new designs if there are like 5-10 years between the 2 editions, but I'm might be wrong (I expect kodave to chime in any minute with tons of data and examples).

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

And the new x-men reprint still has the ugly white cover Guess i'll stick with my first printing then.

Is there a release date for Dr Strange yet?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Bendis Crime Omnibus in the latest solicits. There's a surprise.

Also the new printing of Deadpool Minibus collects an additional two miniseries, and a Volume 2 has been solicited covering the next five minis.

New X-Men's getting another reprint too.
    A quick question: I do not see that the first Deadpool Minibus (here the reprint) does collect two additional mini series? The Carnage one and the first volume of Night of the ... was already inclouded in the first print. Very happy to see the second Volume though because I have not bought two of the collected trades in hope of another Minibus.

Incredible Member

Well that's a solid amount of OHC's in the new solicits..

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3, Deadpool Minibus Reprint, Deadpool Minibus Vol 2, New X Men Omnibus Reprint, Doctor Strange Omnibus Vol 1, Bendis' Crime Omnibus, Shang-Chi: Master Of Kung-Fu Omnibus Vol 2, Thor by Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman Vol 1, Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol 2 Reprint, Star Wars Vol 1 and Star Wars: Darth Vader Vol 1

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    A quick question: I do not see that the first Deadpool Minibus (here the reprint) does collect two additional mini series? The Carnage one and the first volume of Night of the ... was already inclouded in the first print. Very happy to see the second Volume though because I have not bought two of the collected trades in hope of another Minibus.
    Correct - I just had no memory of reading those at all. Edited my post to reflect this.

I'll take the opposite side I guess. I'm actually shocked Marvel lets these books disappear for as long as they do. DC wins the trade battle every year because they keep the good sellers available to buy. Only Marvel would let the Daredevil omni go out of print 2 weeks before the Netflix show hit.

The best thing to happen to DC was the Alan Moore contract that forced Watchman to stay in print. They got to sit back and go wow I guess great books like Dark Knight and Watchman and ect, ect. will just keep selling if people have the option to buy.

How many reprints has UXM had, yet this last printing still sold through without any need for a fire sale. Not keeping these evergreen titles in play is just throwing away money.

Dr. Strange Omni is listed on Amazon with a release date of Oct 4th so if they have the correct date should be available on IST and CGN on Sept 20th. Still cant believe it only has a 456 page count. Hopefully that will change in the next couple months but so will the price!