Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Just one more quick question since I was going to set up an account tomorrow to begin preordering my "most wanteds" from DCBS, you've never had an issue where they didn't hold your copy of something and sold out before they shipped it? That has not happened to me with ToW, but I know it is a possibility. Though from what I understand of DCBS, they place orders with the suppliers based on the pre-orders they received by the order due date.
    I've never had a book I pre-ordered on DCBS be delayed due to sell outs. The only time I've had to wait is if the publisher pushes back release for some reason.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I've never had a book I pre-ordered on DCBS be delayed due to sell outs. The only time I've had to wait is if the publisher pushes back release for some reason.
    Thanks. I've been ok with ToW so far, but with all the times lately where books have been pushed back, I could end up with ToW/IST selling out of a book while waiting on the other book to complete the order a few weeks later. Was hoping that if I did once per month shipping with DCBS that a book on week one would be held so if a book released on week four, i would get the book from week one.

^ ^ ^

Yep, that's pretty much how it works. Your copy is reserved (so to speak), and even if there's a delay you'll still get it in the next shipment.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

^ ^ ^

Yep, that's pretty much how it works. Your copy is reserved (so to speak), and even if there's a delay you'll still get it in the next shipment.
    Great, thanks.

Well color me impressed! Just got an email notification that my UXM Omni vol. 4 shipped today, 24 hrs after placing the order!?

Glad IST seems to be getting back on schedule.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Well color me impressed! Just got an email notification that my UXM Omni vol. 4 shipped today, 24 hrs after placing the order!?

Wow. Even before covid IST never shipped an order of mine that fast !

Same, but I currently have three orders placed with IST and the Uncanny X-Men Vol 4 DM cover that was a solo order is the only one that shipped. Nothing else has even been picked and scanned yet. They may have just wanted to get that one out asap to clear space since they seem to be backed up with getting other new releases on the site.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Same for me and it has already gone to the warehouse depot for my area. If it isn't accidently sent elsewhere(like has happened on occasion) I expect I could have it tomorrow.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Any idea if they’re going to do complete collections of Avengers Heroes Return? They’ve done FF, Iron Man, and now Cap... but the most popular one is only in omnibus form. (Yes I know people love them but I collect the epic and completes for my shelves)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Any idea if they’re going to do complete collections of Avengers Heroes Return? They’ve done FF, Iron Man, and now Cap... but the most popular one is only in omnibus form. (Yes I know people love them but I collect the epic and completes for my shelves)
    They did release the run in a series of 5 chunky trades as Avengers Assemble, but unfortunately that was a handful of years ago now and it looks like they're going for pretty high prices now. It does seem it would make sense to release them as Complete Collections now, since the run doesn't seem to be in-print in any manner.

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    They did release the run in a series of 5 chunky trades as Avengers Assemble, but unfortunately that was a handful of years ago now and it looks like they're going for pretty high prices now. It does seem it would make sense to release them as Complete Collections now, since the run doesn't seem to be in-print in any manner.
    this is a really good point, they did OHCs AND fat trades and two omnibuses of the material. I believe I saw a reprint of the Avengers Forever TPB, so perhaps they will repackage these again. It's a very famous and popular run with famous and popular creators, so I don't see why they wouldn't put these back in print at some point. In the least perhaps reprint the two omnibuses... I have the OHCs and I'm good with those, but especially with the Thunderbolts omni being released soon, it's the same time period, even has a crossover, so it would make sense to have the Avengers material readily available. Synergy, man!!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Just one more quick question since I was going to set up an account tomorrow to begin preordering my "most wanteds" from DCBS, you've never had an issue where they didn't hold your copy of something and sold out before they shipped it? That has not happened to me with ToW, but I know it is a possibility. Though from what I understand of DCBS, they place orders with the suppliers based on the pre-orders they received by the order due date.
    The only time in 10 years of monthly orders that this has even come close to happening to me was with X of Swords: Creation. DCBS was shorted by Diamond, so I got my book in the following shipment. So you're safe.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    The only time in 10 years of monthly orders that this has even come close to happening to me was with X of Swords: Creation. DCBS was shorted by Diamond, so I got my book in the following shipment. So you're safe.
    Thank you.

Incredible Member

Anyone pick up the new hardcover edition of "Kraven's Last Hunt"? Wondering about the quality.

Incredible Member

I was actually planning on getting the Spider-man by Mcfarlane Omni that comes out later this year, but I just learned there is a paperback version out in 2 weeks or so. Would you guys say that his art merits the bigger format or not? The paperback is like half the price I think.