Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

For some reason I didn't get the e-mail. What was the reason for IST not getting their Marvel shipment? From what I'm hearing, other places like CGN got the shipment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Also, what do I have to do to get a Spider-Man 2099 omnibus? Is there somewhere to vote? I did the reprint vote.
    Every year over at a Marvel Masterworks message board (see below), a poster named Tigereyes runs a survey for people to vote on their most-wanted Marvel omnis. (NOT reprints.) He has no affiliation with Marvel, but every year a few of the top vote getters end up as omnis, and last year in particular, a massive number of them ended up becoming omnis in 2021. So it’s probably safe to say someone at Marvel pays attention to it.

This year’s survey is expected to start within the next month or so, as soon as the last omnis of 2021 are announced. You can visit the board and see last year’s thread to get an idea of what it’s like.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...sage-board-f1/

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...ot-t35815.html

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    For some reason I didn't get the e-mail. What was the reason for IST not getting their Marvel shipment? From what I'm hearing, other places like CGN got the shipment.
    It just said there was some delay with the Diamond shipment but it is strange especially considering DCBS got theirs and have already shipped. Just wish I would have pre-ordered the Stern Omnibus like I did the Tbolts.

Incredible Member

Received X of Swords from Amazon yesterday. It was the only book inside the package, but thankfully nothing bent or dinged.

Incredible Member

Thanks for the replies, y'all.

Have we heard word on a Frank Miller Daredevil reprint?? I'd even take the paperback box-set at this point.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Thanks for the replies, y'all.

Have we heard word on a Frank Miller Daredevil reprint?? I'd even take the paperback box-set at this point.
    That's one you can bet will be reprinted in the near future. I thought that was one of the omnis that they pretty much never let run out before printing again (like Amazing Spidey v 1.)

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    That's one you can bet will be reprinted in the near future. I thought that was one of the omnis that they pretty much never let run out before printing again (like Amazing Spidey v 1.)
    Agreed; Uncanny vol 1, SPidey vol 1, even FF (lee/Kirby) vol 1, WILL be reprinted, it's just a matter of time. So if you're impatient, and want to spend $100 NOW vs $65 LATER, go for it, but Miller DD will be reprinted, you can practically guarantee it.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Guess I should have known, being Franklin Miller & all. But your answers made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Does anyone know if there's been a Spider-Man Complete Collection solicition to collect the remaining issues after Gauntlet volume 2? For One Moment in Time/Origin of the Species, I think?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Does anyone know if there's been a Spider-Man Complete Collection solicition to collect the remaining issues after Gauntlet volume 2? For One Moment in Time/Origin of the Species, I think?
    Haven't seen it yet, but we don't have the Winter 2021 catalog in full yet. And yes, that's all that's left before Big Time
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Haven't seen it yet, but we don't have the Winter 2021 catalog in full yet. And yes, that's all that's left before Big Time
    Hmm okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out. It's only 10 or 11 issues before Big Time volume 1 starts, right? Are there any other minis or one shots from that time that could be included as well?

All-New Member

So is there a reason why ASM Omni Vol 3 & 5 are releasing in September but Vol 4 is just nowhere to be found? Vol 2 was reprinted in January and I figure they would reprint them in order but I guess not

Since it's the most recent to be released, I'd assume it won't be reprinted for a year or two.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Hmm okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out. It's only 10 or 11 issues before Big Time volume 1 starts, right? Are there any other minis or one shots from that time that could be included as well?
    4 issues for OMIT and 6 for Origin of Species, so it'd be pretty light w/o some padding. Amazing Spider-Man Presents: American Son by Brian Reed (4 issue mini) would fit in there, I think, both chronologically and thematically. There was an ASM digital series out around then, too, that might have a story arc or two worth collecting (but I didn't read it so that's a guess)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Guess I should have known, being Franklin Miller & all. But your answers made me feel warm and fuzzy.
    It could be a few years yet as the Masterworks have just hit this run, so I don’t see them reprinting it before that format finishes the run and all the restored files are ready. The previous formats had a recoloring done and many find it off putting, so if that is a concern for you waiting it out would be beneficial to get the benefits of having the Masterwork treatment. You could also start picking up the Masterworks now...
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?