Page 485 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585985 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    The omnibus? Yeah it did. I got mine from Speedyhen for around £45.

Edit: I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend, but Reed Comics have it in stock for £57.50

https://www.reedcomics.com/amazing-s...ibus-hardcover
    Ooooooh that's not too bad a price, might have to bite the bullet in case it disappears. I've already ordered vol3 to be on the safe side!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I've been looking at the X-men Inferno OHC, and its OOP and really expensive. Seeing that Marvel have released two TPB's, which have a higher overall page count than the OHC, does anyone know if the TPB's are a suitable replacement? Someone mentioned before when I asked that the reproductions were nicer on the OHC, but does anyone have any pics for comparison?
    Not only are there two TPBs already published that completely replicate the contents of the Inferno OHC (and then some), but an Inferno Crossovers TPB is due out 12/13 that will complete the remaining content from the companion OHC of the same name, some of which has already been included in the two aforementioned TPBs. Together, all three trades comprise the two-volume OHC set.

Personally, I was thrilled to see these TPBs initially solicited. Like you, I had grown weary of watching the main Inferno OHC skyrocket to ludicrous asking prices. Would I prefer an oversize format with likely higher production values? Certainly. Will I gladly accept standard size trades in the style of Epic/Complete Collections in the absence of a reasonably priced OHC reprint? Without hesitation.

And to answer your last question, I've never had the privilege to be in the presence of the gilded Inferno OHC, so I sadly have no side-by-side comparison pics to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Not only are there two TPBs already published that completely replicate the contents of the Inferno OHC (and then some), but an Inferno Crossovers TPB is due out 12/13 that will complete the remaining content from the companion OHC of the same name, some of which has already been included in the two aforementioned TPBs. Together, all three trades comprise the two-volume OHC set.

Personally, I was thrilled to see these TPBs initially solicited. Like you, I had grown weary of watching the main Inferno OHC skyrocket to ludicrous asking prices. Would I prefer an oversize format with likely higher production values? Certainly. Will I gladly accept standard size trades in the style of Epic/Complete Collections in the absence of a reasonably priced OHC reprint? Without hesitation.

And to answer your last question, I've never had the privilege to be in the presence of the gilded Inferno OHC, so I sadly have no side-by-side comparison pics to offer.
    Quick question: What is in the TPBs that isn't in the HC? I have the Inferno HC & Inferno Crossovers OHC and thought that covered everything.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Quick question: What is in the TPBs that isn't in the HC? I have the Inferno HC & Inferno Crossovers OHC and thought that covered everything.
    The two OHCs = the three TPBs

They merely moved some of the Crossovers OHC content into the two-volume Inferno TPB set, presumably in order to make the Crossovers TPB a more manageable size.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    Ooooooh that's not too bad a price, might have to bite the bullet in case it disappears. I've already ordered vol3 to be on the safe side!
    I bought the Dr Strange Omnibus from them recently and their packaging was very good. I'd definitely buy bigger books from them again.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I bought the Dr Strange Omnibus from them recently and their packaging was very good. I'd definitely buy bigger books from them again.
    Sound, thanks for the recommendation. Make a nice change to the nervous opening of an omnibus rattling around an Amazon box that's far too big!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Yep, it's a cosmic imbalance that needs adjusting. A Claremont Romita omnibus would be a good start.
    Yesssssssss

Incredible Member

I am currently reading through my Warlock MMW's and a thought struck that one of the only "hodgepodge" omnibussess I would buy, and I don't know why they haven't done it, is a MU by Starlin ala the Byrne. This seems like a no brainer companion piece to all the rest of the cosmic Omni's they have put out, and almost all of his Marvel work is in one way or another telling one grandiose epic. It makes me wonder what or if there is a plan for the remainder of the Infinity events, early Warlock/CM, and Infinity Watch.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Would be better if we could just get a Warlock Omnibus like Panini did in Italian, or the Captain Marvel and Nova Omnibuses they also did. Plus, they seem to all still be in circulation.

Would be better if we could just get a Warlock Omnibus like Panini did in Italian, or the Captain Marvel and Nova Omnibuses they also did. Plus, they seem to all still be in circulation.
    correct me if i'm wrong but isn't most of the Warlock run in Guardians of the Galaxy Solo Classic Omnibus?

Spectacular Member

I think that there are something like 19 Warlock issues from the Italian omnibus that aren't in the Guardians Solo Omnibus (Strange Tales 178-179, Incredible Hulk 176-178, Marvel Team-up 55, Marvel Premier 1-2, Warlock 1-8, 12-14.) The Solo Omni focuses on the Starlin issues, but even then it isn't complete.

I just finished the infinity ohc and absolutely loved it. But does thane son of thanos appear later on in avengers/new avngers? Or is his story continued elsewhere if at all?

And how is the material in the infinity companion?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I just finished the infinity ohc and absolutely loved it. But does thane son of thanos appear later on in avengers/new avngers? Or is his story continued elsewhere if at all?

And how is the material in the infinity companion?
    Thane continues into Thanos: A god up there listening.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but isn't most of the Warlock run in Guardians of the Galaxy Solo Classic Omnibus?
    I guess I have too many books I forgot how much early Starlin stuff was in there.
    I think that there are something like 19 Warlock issues from the Italian omnibus that aren't in the Guardians Solo Omnibus (Strange Tales 178-179, Incredible Hulk 176-178, Marvel Team-up 55, Marvel Premier 1-2, Warlock 1-8, 12-14.) The Solo Omni focuses on the Starlin issues, but even then it isn't complete.
    I doubt a Warlock omni will happen that's why I just went for the MMWs. The issues from Starlin missing from the Solo book are great for a fan of the character, but not really essential to his journey through the present. Same for the Roy Thomas era stuff from MMW 1. If they ever did a Warlock Omni they may as well throw in the Him material from FF and Thor and make it complete.
    Last edited by Brewman; 12-03-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I am currently reading through my Warlock MMW's and a thought struck that one of the only "hodgepodge" omnibussess I would buy, and I don't know why they haven't done it, is a MU by Starlin ala the Byrne. This seems like a no brainer companion piece to all the rest of the cosmic Omni's they have put out, and almost all of his Marvel work is in one way or another telling one grandiose epic. It makes me wonder what or if there is a plan for the remainder of the Infinity events, early Warlock/CM, and Infinity Watch.
    Did you get Warlock MMW v.2 at a reasonable price? I've had v.1 for awhile but can't find v.2 at a price I want to spend. (I'm assuming you bought it in HC--I don't believe there's a SC version)