Page 1088 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 8858898810381078108410851086108710881089109010911092109811381188 ... LastLast
Results 16,306 to 16,320 of 20716

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I heard the original printing (well the reprint) had some misprints in it. Is this right?
    Yes. Quite a few.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Incredible Member

FF4 vol 4 omnibus will be coming out next year sometime. Go to 1:28:30

Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 10-09-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Amazing Member

FF4 next year is the best part. I'm guessing next year they'll also reprint 2 and 3.

Astonishing Member

The Fantastic Four Vol.4 Omnibus will be a must buy Omnibus book to me.
    It have the rest of the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby run in the title and is followed by art by John Romita Sr and John Buscema!
    Speaking of art, the Kazar the Savage Omnibus have art by Ron Frenz featuring Spider-Man before Ron Frenz run in Amazing Spider-Man.

Fantastic Member

Question:

Marvel has collected Avengers: The Children's Crusade twice in softcover. First one was soon after the series ended and for some inexplicable reason the prelude from Uncanny X-Men #526 is put at the end after #1-9 of the main series. Few years later they released it again as Young Avengers by Heinberg & Cheung: The Children's Crusade with the same content. Is the issue order in the newer version same as in the first one?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Question:

Marvel has collected Avengers: The Children's Crusade twice in softcover. First one was soon after the series ended and for some inexplicable reason the prelude from Uncanny X-Men #526 is put at the end after #1-9 of the main series. Few years later they released it again as Young Avengers by Heinberg & Cheung: The Children's Crusade with the same content. Is the issue order in the newer version same as in the first one?
    Unfortunately, yes.

There's a UK release with the X-Men story in the correct place (and with the originally-published dialogue, some of which was heavily revised by Heinberg for the version on Comixology and in U.S. trades), but I think it's out of print.

https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/...ldren-crusade/

Do you think that they will reprint the X-Men omnibus volume 1 Lee Kirby sometime or the Mighty Thor?
    Hail Hydra!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Anybody pick up the Spidey Gauntlet volume two collection?

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Ga...2557170&sr=8-2

I wanted to know if it collects everything up to Slott's solo run because hot damn do I want this collection in large tpbs

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.

There's a UK release with the X-Men story in the correct place (and with the originally-published dialogue, some of which was heavily revised by Heinberg for the version on Comixology and in U.S. trades), but I think it's out of print.

https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/...ldren-crusade/
    Thanks, something to think about I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I wanted to know if it collects everything up to Slott's solo run because hot damn do I want this collection in large tpbs
    The Gauntlet collections end with Grim Hunt and #637. #638-641 is One Moment in Time, #642-646 is Origin of the Species, and #647 is an epilogue issue before Slott starts his Big Time run in #648.

They could release those 10 issues with some other stories from that period. There's actually enough of them for two big trades, so there's quite a few options.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I'm planning to get it, but don't have the first volume. Anyone know if they plan to re-release that one?

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Do you think that they will reprint the X-Men omnibus volume 1 Lee Kirby sometime or the Mighty Thor?
    Anything is possible, but I think it's leaning more towards unlikely.
    For X-Men, they've reprinted all of Uncanny now, AND Claremont/Jim Lee AND Astonishing AND Wolverine this year. And they skipped X-Men Silver Age vols 1+2. They've reprinted some of these in the past, and again, they skipped those two. I think the overall feeling is that X-men SA material is pretty weak, and the 'want' for the material is really not there. Having said that, epics sold well, so who knows.

Same with Thor vol 1. With an upcoming movie (someday after pandemic) it's possible we could get a Thor vol 4 AND reprints of 1+ 2 and maybe 3. Again, who knows. early thor (in vol 1) is also pretty weak material, it's vol 2+ where it really gets its legs.

But for completionists, quality of material doesn't really matter, so...

But both of these are insanely expensive on the aftermarket, so for me, based on quality of material, I'll just stick with my Epics (until/if they get reprinted some year)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Ok so you get one shipment? Have they always packed it well? Ever any damaged books like heavily dinged corners?

I am going to order this month: aliens omnibus, spider man stern omnibus, all new wolverine omnibus, Conan 6 epic collection, Superman by Grant Morrison Omnibus , Superman the man of steel hc 2, green lantern 4 by johns tp.

That is like 50 pounds worth of books about I think...

With a shipment that big do you think it would all be good in one ? Do they use packing peanuts or like to foam pads that IST sometimes uses?

Also if I order these books tomorrow when as close as possible to the best of your knowledge can I expect my card to be billed?
    I've never had a damaged item come from DCBS; they're the same company as IST so they use the same packing materials.

No idea when they'd bill you, seeing as the release dates can vary so much for collections (delays, cancellations, etc.)
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Thanks, something to think about I guess.

The Gauntlet collections end with Grim Hunt and #637. #638-641 is One Moment in Time, #642-646 is Origin of the Species, and #647 is an epilogue issue before Slott starts his Big Time run in #648.

They could release those 10 issues with some other stories from that period. There's actually enough of them for two big trades, so there's quite a few options.
    Oh I would have thought they would have at least included a One Moment in Time since it is canonically the beginning of Brand New Day

Amazing Member

My guess on the first two The X-Men books is that they will get reprinted "someday", probably not for years though as they chose to reprint all the Uncanny and skipped those two for this reprint run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    My guess on the first two The X-Men books is that they will get reprinted "someday", probably not for years though as they chose to reprint all the Uncanny and skipped those two for this reprint run.
    The thing is is that we don’t know that they skipped them because of the Covid disruption. Maybe they were planning to get to them soon, they could be coming in the next few solicitation announcements...