Page 1090 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 9059099010401080108610871088108910901091109210931094110011401190 ... LastLast
Results 16,336 to 16,350 of 20716
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    No problem. That's my big problem right now is that it takes so long to hear from them. And again, that they don't have a system to make sure the people that pre-orders get their books. Someone who has pre-ordered with DCBS could answer better, but I think that route is the closest you can get to being guaranteed to get the books you pre-order, because I think maybe ordering a few months out like that means they can keep one for you? Someone who has used DCBS could answer better. The closest I could get to a guarantee from Emily at IST / ToW is that if you order by the date listed on the ToW homepage, you are basically guaranteed. I know nothing is 100% and things can happen, but I ordered and paid for Brubaker Cap and ASM 2 before the due date, so in theory i should be good.

So far I have gotten all books that I have been pre-ordered after the "guaranteed" date without an issue.
    Yeah I ordered from ToW prior to the cutoff dates.
    Do they have a customer service phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I am starting to preorder so here's what I gather from the websites and Omnibro videos:

IST - ONLY for books IN STOCK, no pre-order. Any order with books that suddenly runs out of stock will screw your order delivery, and risks cancellation if books are out of print.

DCBS - ONLY for PRE-ORDERS in the catalog for the particular month, for books coming out of 4 to 6 months later. Best bet to get your books as your orders are added on top of their order to diamond/lunar. Cut-off date is 21st of each month.

TOW - for PRE-ORDERS and IN STOCK. Their preorder is misleading though, as it is not counted in their initial order to diamond/lunar. Their page still maintains preorder status even after the the actual preorder window closes. That's why even if you 'preordered' with them, you may not get your book if it sells out, as a copy is not actually allocated to you. You are still in queue as every other piranhas on IST release day.
    I see. In the COVID panic, I placed six different orders with ToW which took me to the end of 2020. I simply didn't want to miss out on a lot of whales like Uncanny omnis and Conan (among others).

So you're saying the DCBS is the best bet for receiving pre-ordered books?

I could try canceling with ToW and going to DCBS, I guess, but with ToW's lack of communication who knows when they'd actually cancel them? So I'm sort of just in limbo

Edited to Add:

ToW's website says this about canceling, which makes it sounds like they're specially ordering all your books. But that's misleading as mzqamarul says, since they're not setting aside your pre-ordered books for you. So even if I try to cancel now, my card will be charged. Which again, is crap because they charged my card a month ago for an order that's already had 3 books out-of-stock, with neither the order shipped nor the refunded money deposited back.

Tales of Wonder special orders many of the items that you order through our website. If you would like to cancel an advance order there will be a 20% restocking fee to cover the administrative costs of cancelling the order. If you have placed an order for advance order items that you would like to cancel, your credit card will be charged 20% of the sale price. Please do not place orders for merchandise you are not certain you would like to purchase.
    Last edited by newparisian; 10-20-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Spectacular Member

Nothing really came out this week for me on IST so I guess next week is the big week with She Hulk PAD Hulk 2 and Infinity Gauntlet all on the same day.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Nothing really came out this week for me on IST so I guess next week is the big week with She Hulk PAD Hulk 2 and Infinity Gauntlet all on the same day.
    So IG comes out next week? IST has it listed as this week, but I don't see it for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I am starting to preorder so here's what I gather from the websites and Omnibro videos:

IST - ONLY for books IN STOCK, no pre-order. Any order with books that suddenly runs out of stock will screw your order delivery, and risks cancellation if books are out of print.

DCBS - ONLY for PRE-ORDERS in the catalog for the particular month, for books coming out of 4 to 6 months later. Best bet to get your books as your orders are added on top of their order to diamond/lunar. Cut-off date is 21st of each month.

TOW - for PRE-ORDERS and IN STOCK. Their preorder is misleading though, as it is not counted in their initial order to diamond/lunar. Their page still maintains preorder status even after the the actual preorder window closes. That's why even if you 'preordered' with them, you may not get your book if it sells out, as a copy is not actually allocated to you. You are still in queue as every other piranhas on IST release day.
    I would say that sums it up, at least how I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Yeah I ordered from ToW prior to the cutoff dates.
    Do they have a customer service phone number?

I see. In the COVID panic, I placed six different orders with ToW which took me to the end of 2020. I simply didn't want to miss out on a lot of whales like Uncanny omnis and Conan (among others).

So you're saying the DCBS is the best bet for receiving pre-ordered books?

I could try canceling with ToW and going to DCBS, I guess, but with ToW's lack of communication who knows when they'd actually cancel them? So I'm sort of just in limbo

Edited to Add:

ToW's website says this about canceling, which makes it sounds like they're specially ordering all your books. But that's misleading as mzqamarul says, since they're not setting aside your pre-ordered books for you. So even if I try to cancel now, my card will be charged. Which again, is crap because they charged my card a month ago for an order that's already had 3 books out-of-stock, with neither the order shipped nor the refunded money deposited back.

Tales of Wonder special orders many of the items that you order through our website. If you would like to cancel an advance order there will be a 20% restocking fee to cover the administrative costs of cancelling the order. If you have placed an order for advance order items that you would like to cancel, your credit card will be charged 20% of the sale price. Please do not place orders for merchandise you are not certain you would like to purchase.
    I have not seen a number on their site, just an email address.

I think that DCBS is the closest you will get to being 100% guaranteed to get the books you want. I may start going that route. I personally have not had an issue getting my stuff i pre-ordered from ToW, but already we see that there are 3 books that you didn't get, sorry for your luck.

I have never canceled with them because of that 20%. When I ended up with 2 copies of Miles Morales omnibus reprint and 2 of Uncanny X-Men vol 1, I sold MM to someone and gave UXM to my wife. Lost a few bucks on MM but that's ok. I will possibly be in the same boat for WotR omnibus but I got the DM varient so I'm sure I can make my money back on that by finding someone to buy it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    So IG comes out next week? IST has it listed as this week, but I don't see it for sale.
    Yeah next week. That list that IST has is unreliable as there are several books they have gotten wrong.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I rolled the dice and placed my She-Hulk Ommi order with Amazon for $40.
    Already own IG

Snagging the PAD Inc.Hulk vol.2 is my only on for IST next week.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I rolled the dice and placed my She-Hulk Ommi order with Amazon for $40.
    Already own IG

Snagging the PAD Inc.Hulk vol.2 is my only on for IST next week.
    Me too! I am trying to cut down on the titles I get, so Slott's Shulkie was off my list, but at that price, I can't help but get it and support it. That book is really good. I've not read much of Slott Spidey, TBH, but I have read his Iron Man and FF so far, and I have to say his She-Hulk is his best work (I did read Superior Spidey, but this She-Hulk run is different, more geared towards comedy and fun)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

I think that DCBS is the closest you will get to being 100% guaranteed to get the books you want. I may start going that route. I personally have not had an issue getting my stuff i pre-ordered from ToW, but already we see that there are 3 books that you didn't get, sorry for your luck.

I have never canceled with them because of that 20%. When I ended up with 2 copies of Miles Morales omnibus reprint and 2 of Uncanny X-Men vol 1, I sold MM to someone and gave UXM to my wife. Lost a few bucks on MM but that's ok. I will possibly be in the same boat for WotR omnibus but I got the DM varient so I'm sure I can make my money back on that by finding someone to buy it.
    Well I guess I'm at ToW's mercy then until further (insert expletive here) notice.

Amazing Member

I always preorder at DCBS but in the case of the DM of She-Hulk, they were not able to get it for me. I did order it late. I guess the only 100% sure way is DCBS within the first few days (so that you're at the top of the line), but that's assuming they do it by who ordered first, and not at shipping out available copies at random.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    I always preorder at DCBS but in the case of the DM of She-Hulk, they were not able to get it for me. I did order it late. I guess the only 100% sure way is DCBS within the first few days (so that you're at the top of the line), but that's assuming they do it by who ordered first, and not at shipping out available copies at random.
    Didn’t She Hulk release date and initial print run get moved around screwed up because of Covid though? She Hulk was a really weird release and then was one of the first ones after Covid that they released a limited print run of.

Amazing Member

Didn’t She Hulk release date and initial print run get moved around screwed up because of Covid though? She Hulk was a really weird release and then was one of the first ones after Covid that they released a limited print run of.
    It might have released a few weeks late, but most people got their copies aside from some, like myself, who ordered from DCBS. At the time it wasn't known, so I just thought I missed out on it, but later was revealed Marvel is doing a second printing for this and my preorder is still hanging at DCBS, so presumably I'll be getting a copy of the second batch in November.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Is the Busiek Conan omnibus pretty much the same as Dark Horse's Colossal Conan omni?

Or is there less material collected in the upcoming Marvel one?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

EMPYRE OMNIBUS
    Written by AL EWING, DAN SLOTT, ROBBIE THOMPSON, JONATHAN HICKMAN, CHIP ZDARSKY, ANTHONY OLIVEIRA, ALEX PAKNADEL, GERRY DUGGAN, PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, JIM ZUB, KELLY THOMPSON, CLAY MCLEOD CHAPMAN & MORE
    Penciled by HUMBERTO RAMOS, MATTIA DE IULIS, JAVIER RODRÍGUEZ, PEPE LARRAZ, R.B. SILVA, VALERIO SCHITI, SEAN IZAAKSE, MATTEO BUFFAGNI, LUCAS WERNECK, ANDREA BROCCARDO, JORGE MOLINA, MANUEL GARCIA, ALEX LINS, THOMAS NACHLIK, GREG SMALLWOOD, ARIEL OLIVETTI, CARLOS MAGNO, LEINIL FRANCIS YU, PACO MEDINA, CORY SMITH, JON DAVIS-HUNT, GUIU VILANOVA, LAN MEDINA & MORE
    Covers by JIM CHEUNG
    The entire intergalactic event! When the long-warring Kree and Skrull races unite under a new emperor and set a course for Earth, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four stand in the way! But another alien race is working in the shadows, and soon the galaxy will face a far deadlier threat than its two most powerful empires combined! As a three-way war rages across Earth, Captain Marvel, Venom, the X-Men and more feel the effects — and the fallout will be huge for the Avengers and FF! Collecting INCOMING #1; ROAD TO EMPYRE: THE KREE/SKRULL WAR; EMPYRE #0: AVENGERS; EMPYRE #0: FANTASTIC FOUR; EMPYRE #1-6; EMPYRE AFTERMATH: AVENGERS; EMPYRE FALLOUT: FANTASTIC FOUR; EMPYRE: X-MEN #1-4; LORDS OF EMPYRE: EMPEROR HULKLING, CELESTIAL MESSIAH and SWORDSMAN; EMPYRE: SAVAGE AVENGERS; EMPYRE: CAPTAIN AMERICA #1-3; EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1-3; X-MEN (2019) #10-11; FANTASTIC FOUR (2018) #21-23; CAPTAIN MARVEL (2019) #18-21; IMMORTAL SHE-HULK #1; WEB OF VENOM: EMPYRE’S END; BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #7-8; and EMPYRE HANDBOOK..
    1088 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92825-4
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Is the Busiek Conan omnibus pretty much the same as Dark Horse's Colossal Conan omni?

Or is there less material collected in the upcoming Marvel one?
    The Dark Horse's Colossal Conan is more complete as it has the complete Conan run (issues 0 to 50, don't know for sure for Book of Thoth 1-4).

The upcoming one only concentrate on Busiek's issues (CONAN: THE LEGEND (2003) 0; CONAN (2004) 1-28, 32, 39, 45-46; CONAN: BOOK OF THOTH (2006) 1-4).

When the upcoming Omnibus was announced, i almost regretted that i went for the Conan Epic Collections, that feeling disapeared when I saw it was missing a lot of issues compared to the Epic Collection line.
    Last edited by RudyZeBoulet; 10-22-2020 at 11:21 PM.