Page 1093 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 9359399310431083108910901091109210931094109510961097110311431193 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,395 of 20716

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I suspect so. People have been long waiting for a Thor SA reprint.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, I was on the hunt for a copy however those secondary market prices are killers.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

YESSSSSS on that Black Panther Omni.
    Now, will it be Bronze Age fare or another run? Hoping for Bronze Age origin/early BP
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Spider-Man is Nice, since I already own vol 1 and have vol 2 on pre order.

Dark Empire is interesting. I have a couple of floppies of this from way back. Did not think there were so much material to make it into an Omnibus.
    There was a trilogy of Dark Empire books. A hardcover of all 3 was previously released with 352 pages. Not really enough for an Omnibus but I guess extaas could bring it up to 500?

I also doubt if an Omnibus is accurate because Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The New Republic Vol. 5 is scheduled for March 2021 and will collect all of that material. Doubt if they'd release an omni too
    Last edited by random82; 10-26-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, I was on the hunt for a copy however those secondary market prices are killers.
    Me too! It's insane - they're like $300-400! And truth be told, the material is really pretty weak as far as silver age goes. Same with X-Men vol 1 omnibus. Crazy prices.
    Bring on the reprints!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Anyone picking up the Marvels Snapshots OHC and read/picked up any of the oneshots?
    I plan on picking up the collection. While I haven't read any of the one-shots, the reviews have been almost universally positive, and most feature creators I already love.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    I wish they would finish off collecting the Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus
    Me too! I have a feeling we may not get it though.

Much of the rest of the series is entangled with multiple crossovers, all of which would need to be collected to make for a satisfying reading experience (imho). So we've got 30 issues + 2 annuals of Sorcerer Supreme, and a bunch of other "Midnight Sons" related issues. They could probably cram it all into one giant volume, but personally I'd rather see two smaller volumes. But then that would look funny next to the relatively large earlier books... so many first world problems!

It will also be interesting to see how they map the rest of the series in Epic Collection format. Vol 8 contained the first thirteen issues of Sorcerer Supreme, and Vol 13 is the final fourteen. That leaves approximately 60 issues across four more Epics. Given the size of a typical volume, I could see them including all of the crossovers to pad the remaining ones.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    There was a trilogy of Dark Empire books. A hardcover of all 3 was previously released with 352 pages. Not really enough for an Omnibus but I guess extaas could bring it up to 500?

I also doubt if an Omnibus is accurate because Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The New Republic Vol. 5 is scheduled for March 2021 and will collect all of that material. Doubt if they'd release an omni too
    The only thing that would make sense to me would be to do both Dark Empire and Crimson Empire trilogies together in a single omnibus (one would guess the Crimson Empire trilogy will be NR Epic V6). There's a fair amount of overlap in terms of plot to make it all hang together as a single unit.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post

I see. If there is something I've been neglecting lately when it comes to comic purchases and reading, it's Star Wars. Might look into this.

Astonishing Member

so im trying to order the hulk peter david omnibus 2 but instocktrades is giving me trouble and so slow on both my desktop and my phone, anyone else having this issue?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    so im trying to order the hulk peter david omnibus 2 but instocktrades is giving me trouble and so slow on both my desktop and my phone, anyone else having this issue?
    Mega fail so dumb releasing 3+ monster omnibus all on same day

If u are patient and just wait each step takes forever but it does complete eventually... I just got Hulk and Infinity gauntlet and checked out going to go back for She Hulk in a moment...
    Last edited by Phd. Strange; 10-27-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Amazing Member

Yes everything about IST sucks, trying to order and nonstop errors on checkout then things disappear out of stock while I recover from the errors of their terrible site. I am done with them.

Took forever for each step of the checkout for me. Probably nearly 10 minutes to get the IG and Hulk Omnibus' ordered.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    Yes everything about IST sucks, trying to order and nonstop errors on checkout then things disappear out of stock while I recover from the errors of their terrible site. I am done with them.
    It isn’t their fault that so many desirable books came out on the same day

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    It isn’t their fault that so many desirable books came out on the same day
    True,but they really are taking forever on things these days. I don't understand why. I know I don't know what their day-to-day operations are like and maybe COVID has really affected them, but it's frustrating. And having the website basically not work and these things selling out so quickly is frustrating as well.

I mean, I know they don't really owe us anything, but people want to use them for their purchases and it's becoming more difficult to do that these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    True,but they really are taking forever on things these days. I don't understand why. I know I don't know what their day-to-day operations are like and maybe COVID has really affected them, but it's frustrating. And having the website basically not work and these things selling out so quickly is frustrating as well.

I mean, I know they don't really owe us anything, but people want to use them for their purchases and it's becoming more difficult to do that these days.
    Uh, global pandemic? That's why

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Uh, global pandemic? That's why
    I'm fully aware, I work 2 jobs in the medical field. I have had many patients with COVID. I don't know what that job is like day in and day out, so maybe they have been severely impacted. But you can't just say "Uh, global pandemic" and have that blanket statement be the answer to everything. Perhaps they had to lay off people and are short-staffed. Perhaps they are much busier because people are suddenly placing more orders because they are spending more time at home. But different business and fields are impacted differently, so I'm curious as the specific reason why they're suddenly taking weeks to finish packing orders and not responding to emails at all. I'm not throwing a fit and saying they're terrible and they're dead to me. I'm going to keep ordering from them. But "Uh, global pandemic" is not just a simple answer to everything, I was curious about the specifics.