Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    About 3/4 was released in the OHCs. Unfortunately there was supposed to be a fourth OHC but it never came out. Also, this includes all parts of the Spider-Women crossover, where the OHC only included the Spider-Gwen issues.
    Frustrating that it somehow wasn't popular enough to release one last OHC, but they can release an omnibus.
    This is what I thought. I have some of those OHC, but couldn't remember if they ever finished.

DC seems to be doing a lot of this too, rebranding/republishing with extra content. It's getting a it annoying

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Marvels choices baffle me sometimes..... mostly what they choose NOT to Reprint.

Power Pack? Man thing? Heroes Return? These are C level comics.
    Both Power Pack and Man-Thing are well respected if not acclaimed runs by the creators on them. So while C-level in broad strokes terms this was the height both warranting their collections and in the case of Man-Thing a reprint apparently.
    Marvel has demonstrated their intent to collect the Universe altering and even minor events so Heroes Return is not shocking. Frankly I'm curious why House of M hasn't happened yet.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Both Power Pack and Man-Thing are well respected if not acclaimed runs by the creators on them. So while C-level in broad strokes terms this was the height both warranting their collections and in the case of Man-Thing a reprint apparently.
    Marvel has demonstrated their intent to collect the Universe altering and even minor events so Heroes Return is not shocking. Frankly I'm curious why House of M hasn't happened yet.
    I agree with House of M. I’ll add Civil War to that as well. I’m at that point where I’m not even bothering to collect some of this stuff in OHC or trades because I anticipate we will eventually get omnis and I would rather avoid having to unload altogether.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Agreed. I understand silver age (and even bronze age) is not everyone's cup of tea, but you could reprint Avengers vols 1 + 2, or go to Busiek era, heck, so many books to reprint. Or as far as new-to-omnibus material, forget the "we have to have a movie for silver age material" mantra (outside of x-men, of course), and release Hulk vol 2, Iron Man vol 3, Cap vol 3 (to fill gap up to Kirby), or even go more modern like into the 80's, 90's, onwards. So much material to mine, and we get weird things. I'm happy for those who want them, and I'm a big fan of the Simonsons, but I'm not getting the Power Pack omnis; not for me.

Even within certain lines, the books the choose sometimes are baffling. Why omnibus Avengers the Gathering instead of Galactic Storm? Or better yet, why not start omnibusing Stern's run? Or Gru's run on Cap? Or put out a Avengers West Coast vol 3 (ignoring Byrne omni), or... or... or... we could go on and on.

I realize Omnibus collecting is a niche market inside of a niche market inside of yet another niche market. I do understand that. But then to go yet another level deeper, like with Man-Thing, or Marvel Classics, etc... - I don't deny having these is cool for certain people, like the 40's and 50's era stuff from Timely, etc... - but they have to know they have material that more people are clamoring for then, right? Oh well. We'll take what we can get, and just not buy those that don't interest us individually, that's how the free market works.
    I agree with you in part as there are a load of early omnibuses that they could release, as for the silver age they should keep or at least publish a lot more copies of the volume ones after all they are the foundation of the run.
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member

Did Marvel collect Brute Force last year because of the Marvel 616 episode with Paul Scheer? It was such a random choice when it came out. But there's an entire episode about obscure characters that focuses on the title and characters.

Astonishing Member

One new omnibus coming out in August and two reprints in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR94ic4DxPA

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    One new omnibus coming out in August and two reprints in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR94ic4DxPA
    Good timing since I bought vol 1 a few weeks back. Now I just need to read it in order to see if I wanna get the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    I agree with House of M. I’ll add Civil War to that as well. I’m at that point where I’m not even bothering to collect some of this stuff in OHC or trades because I anticipate we will eventually get omnis and I would rather avoid having to unload altogether.
    Exactly. Civil War as well. A two volume set for that a main one and a compendium.

I don't buy OHC of popular series as of a few years ago. I was rewarded with not doing so on the Waid Daredevil series and voila...an Omnibus appears.
    I'm not getting Immortal Hulk OHC either....confident an Omni will appear down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Good timing since I bought vol 1 a few weeks back. Now I just need to read it in order to see if I wanna get the rest of them.
    I recently got over halfway through vol 1 myself, and had to stop. I mean, these are the foundational issues of the entire Marvel Universe, especially since FF was the flagship title back then. Tons of characters introduced bam bam bam bam - from Dr Doom to reintroducing Namor, Red Ghost, Mole Man, The Mad Thinker and the Awesome Android, on and on and on. BUT, it's a chore. These early issues, it's just nonstop bickering. Non-stop bickering. Like I have two kids and they bicker all the time, I don't want to read that in a comic. I realize they were going for realism, but c'mon. I also realize that Stan and crew were trying to feel things out at the beginning of all the titles, but FF vol 1 was just a chore for me. No more a chore than Thor or any other, so perhaps it will be your cup of tea.

My fave silver age title has been Cap and also the Avengers. But obviously everyone has their faves. I really WANTED FF to be in the top 3, and pined for it to be there, but alas it just wasn't. Maybe I've been ruined by the more 'modern' take on the FF - a more mature Johnny, Ben comfortable in his own skin (literally), no more love triangles with Namor, married with children, etc...

p.s. I'm really enjoying Slott's FF run. Much more than I thought I would. ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For those of you picking up the Wolverine Vol. 2 Omnibus, which cover (if you're able to choose), are you going for? Jim Lee, John Byrne or Barry Windsor-Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those of you picking up the Wolverine Vol. 2 Omnibus, which cover (if you're able to choose), are you going for? Jim Lee, John Byrne or Barry Windsor-Smith?
    I love John Byrne, but that Jim Lee cover is fantastic.

Don't care for Windsor-Smith's art.

I'm going for Jim Lee.

Stoked about the Silver Age Fantastic Four vol.4 announcement yesterday!!
    Keeps hope alive that one day SA Invincible Iron Man vol. 3 and SA Incredible Hulk vol.2 may one day show themselves.

Definitely going for Jim Lee.

So up to now, Amazon had War of the Realms Omni as "back in stock in a month or two", but now it's listed as "temporarily out of stock".

What's that mean? Did it really go out of print that soon? Will it be restocked any time soon, or is it gone for good?

I have been patiently waiting for oversized Deluxe edition hardcovers of the Hickman written X-Men books. I could care less about the rest of the line - only Hickman's work. We got HoX/PoX deluxe HC last year - when's the monthly being collected? Hopefully they are collected with his Giant Sized one shots.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm