Page 829 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3297297798198258268278288298308318328338398799291329 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,435 of 20754

I've been striking out lately with my Marvel omnibus blind buys.

Carnage was pretty much unreadable although the latter part of it was somewhat tolerable since it was pretty much an "Alien(s)" rip off and, man, I love that franchise.

Then there's Wolverine: The Return of Weapon X (or whatever), which is a notch below average. One intriguing note about it, however, is that some of the Wolverine issues were published before the Jenkins' penned "Origin" mini was released, so if you were reading the floppies at the time, there was nice foreshadowing and insight into what was coming. For example, issue # 166.

At this point, I'm cutting back on my Marvel blind buys. I'm still buying Marvel omnibus collections (Hickman's vol. 2 is on the list but I know what to expect), but I think if I'm on the fence about a book, I'm just going to stay away. I expect Carnage to hit the bargain bin at some point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Not sure this question belongs in this thread, but what the hey. Blackheart is Mephisto’s direct spawn. Hellstrom (and maybe Satana) is the result of various demons merging their energies to create a true “Son of Satan,” though Marduk Kurios is his direct father.

"Though Marduk Kurios is Daimon's direct father, Satan has been shown to be made up of aspects of Asmodeus, Lucifer, Mephisto, Satannish, Thog, and others, indicating that the Hell-lords merged their energies to father a true "Son of Satan." Reliable sources have named Beelzeboul, Kurios, Lucifer, and Mephisto as Daimon's father, further supporting this conclusion.“
    Ok Thanks. But there is more confusion now because in Spirits of Vengeance you see one of Marduk’s minions call him Marduk Kurios, then when he starts explaining to Hellstrom and Satanna about the covenant that was agreed upon between Heaven and Hell, he says he used to go by the name Lucifer then. Which would mean Lucifer changed his name to Marduk.

All-New Member

Pardon my ignorance but if I have all X-Men omnibi and OHCs to date, is there any reason I would need to purchase the upcoming Dark Phoenix omnibus? Thanks in advance!

Spectacular Member

Do you get classics? Maybe just the wedding one. The story is in the middle of the first two Uncanny volumes right?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but if I have all X-Men omnibi and OHCs to date, is there any reason I would need to purchase the upcoming Dark Phoenix omnibus? Thanks in advance!
    To my knowledge you should be good with Uxm Omnis 1 and 2 anyways. The list says that the DP Omni has also some classic issues which are available in the Classic Omni so if you also have this one there is no reason at all to buy the highlight book.

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    Hell no. Look for it stacked up in bargain bins, too.

Spectacular Member

Default Moving House and the New Shelf Order

I alreday did a post over at the Show me the Goods Thread, but also wanted to share the Marvel and especially X related part of my home. Enjoy!X-Family.jpgComplete Collection.jpg

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    I alreday did a post over at the Show me the Goods Thread, but also wanted to share the Marvel and especially X related part of my home. Enjoy!X-Family.jpgComplete Collection.jpg
    I see some empty cubes... better get buying!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Default Conan Omnibus coming

Press Release

Know, oh prince, that in the year 1970, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, sword in hand, slashed his way into four-color life. This January, ahead of Conan’s triumphant return to Marvel Comics, Marvel is proud to announce the release of CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS. Fully remastered, this tome features Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith’s ground-breaking adaptation of Robert E. Howard’s iconic character.

Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1-26 from 1970-1973—as well as material from 1971’s SAVAGE TALES #1 and #4, CHAMBER OF DARKNESS #4, and CONAN CLASSIC #1-11—the CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS omnibus presents each story in all its glory, from covers to letter pages, all painstakingly restored to match the beauty of the original editions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtleDog View Post
    Press Release

Know, oh prince, that in the year 1970, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, sword in hand, slashed his way into four-color life. This January, ahead of Conan’s triumphant return to Marvel Comics, Marvel is proud to announce the release of CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS. Fully remastered, this tome features Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith’s ground-breaking adaptation of Robert E. Howard’s iconic character.

Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1-26 from 1970-1973—as well as material from 1971’s SAVAGE TALES #1 and #4, CHAMBER OF DARKNESS #4, and CONAN CLASSIC #1-11—the CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS omnibus presents each story in all its glory, from covers to letter pages, all painstakingly restored to match the beauty of the original editions.
    holy sh!! ..... Thanks for this info!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    holy sh!! ..... Thanks for this info!
    I second the thanks. I can't wait to see what it'll look like.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Press Release

Well nothing is ever a sure thing in the Omni predicting world let's all admit we felt this one coming. Am I right or am I right?!

Nice to have it confirmed!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Well nothing is ever a sure thing in the Omni predicting world let's all admit we felt this one coming. Am I right or am I right?!

Nice to have it confirmed!!
    I had my fingers crossed, based mostly on the quick reprints of the Star Wars and Shang Chi.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I see some empty cubes... better get buying!
    Haha yeah for the first time in years I have a huge backlog of books that I did not read yet (due to the pretty time consuming move). But I am also really grateful that I do not have immediate shelving problems in the near future thar would require the all too familiar shifting books around in the hope to find some more space.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Press Release

I'm very glad that they're doing this for the fans who don't own these issues, but I'll be passing on it. I have the reprints with the new, beautiful coloring that really makes BWS' artwork pop. I have the whole run, plus the new trades by Busiek right next to them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor