Page 217 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1171672072132142152162172182192202212272673177171217 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 20773
    Amazing Member

Is it common for IST to have a delay in processing an order AFTER they sent the tracking information to the postal service? I got an email confirmation that the info was recieved on the 7th, but it hasn't moved at all in seven days. I click the link to track the package and it still just says that the shipping info was recieved on the 7th. Am I cool or should I send a courtesy email? Btw, the books I ordered were the Elektra omnibus, all new X-Men OHC vol. 2 and the Ennis Punisher complete collection vol. 1. So not necessarily stuff they'd have to dig into the vault to find, I would think.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I make War and Realm OHCs, + the Realm prologue trade and Nova 5 and 6 (direct tie ins) equate to 1256 pages. Add 50 pages of covers and one of those Nova corps profiles books and you probably have your contents for a War of Kings omnibus.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    As for the Ms. Marvel Omnibus, could they be going the Hawkeye route and release an Omnibus shortly after the OHCs (in the case of Hawkeye even during) of the current series? The two OHCs of Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) are listed as 256 and 232 pages, which adds up to 488 - exactly the page count given on Amazon for the Omnibus.

Plus, IIRC, the series has just been or will soon be rebooted.
    I assumed it was, wish they would stop doing that.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Shadowland? Really?
    I don't think it "deserves" Omnibus treatment, but I'd buy it and consider it the Avengers: The Crossing of my collection
    Also I'd mostly want it for the Thunderbolts issues.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I assumed it was, wish they would stop doing that.
    I am so puzzled by the Omni-on-top-of-OHC trend. I'd love to see the sales data to understand if these formats are differentiated by market in any appreciable way. On one hand, I can see a more casual fan picking up a one-and-done Omni of something receiving a lot of media hype rather than a "Vol. 1" of OHC. On the other, how often does that actually happen with a >$50 book?

(That said: I do think the Ms. Marvel Omni is a deliberate hedged bet that the book is nominated for or wins Eisners or that it becomes increasingly relevant. Has Kamala turned up on a cartoon yet? Have they had the upfronts for fall cartoons yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I don't think it "deserves" Omnibus treatment, but I'd buy it and consider it the Avengers: The Crossing of my collection
    I would probably buy a Shadowland Omnibus. I read the entire event last year and I liked it a lot - it was a well-choreographed street-level event, pretty much the only non-Spider-one Marvel has ever really pulled off.

Plus, it would mean that entire modern Daredevil run is completely OHC'd (currently they drop off after Brubaker)
    Last edited by krisis; 03-14-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I am so puzzled by the Omni-on-top-of-OHC trend. I'd love to see the sales date to understand if these formats are differentiated by market in any appreciable way. On one hand, I can see a more casual fan picking up a one-and-done Omni of something receiving a lot of media hype rather than a "Vol. 1" of OHC. On the other, how often does that actually happen with a >$50 book?

Its making me not want to buy these Vol 1. small OHC collections and just wait.

Its making me not want to buy these Vol 1. small OHC collections and just wait.
    Marvel wants to keep people upgrading.....

10tozq.jpg
    Last edited by Omnibus; 03-14-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Olslick View Post
    Is it common for IST to have a delay in processing an order AFTER they sent the tracking information to the postal service? I got an email confirmation that the info was recieved on the 7th, but it hasn't moved at all in seven days. I click the link to track the package and it still just says that the shipping info was recieved on the 7th. Am I cool or should I send a courtesy email? Btw, the books I ordered were the Elektra omnibus, all new X-Men OHC vol. 2 and the Ennis Punisher complete collection vol. 1. So not necessarily stuff they'd have to dig into the vault to find, I would think.
    This literally just happens to me with the DD Omni. The shipping didn't update for 9 days, then one night it camenup allnof a sudden saying my package was coming the next day. I'd wait a couple more, and idnibdoesnt update, contact them.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Those were some good T-Bolts.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Marvel wants to keep people upgrading.....

10tozq.jpg
    Buy then you just keep the cheaper OHC's. That's what I did for Hawkeye, and that's what I'm doing for Thor GoT.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Buy then you just keep the cheaper OHC's. That's what I did for Hawkeye, and that's what I'm doing for Thor GoT.
    Say my name......

;-)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    As for the Ms. Marvel Omnibus, could they be going the Hawkeye route and release an Omnibus shortly after the OHCs (in the case of Hawkeye even during) of the current series? The two OHCs of Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) are listed as 256 and 232 pages, which adds up to 488 - exactly the page count given on Amazon for the Omnibus.

Plus, IIRC, the series has just been or will soon be rebooted.
    The easiest way to figure out what contents are in a new deluxe trade are to add up the pages of multiple old trades. You're probably right on the money.

While Marvel could always Omnibus the old Danvers Ms. Marvel stuff from the 70s/80s/whatever, I would think a more likely candidate would be a multi-volume Reed Omnibus from the 00s. But having said that, I think if they're going to Omnibus anything Carol Danvers, especially with the future film on the horizon, it's going to be KSD's Captain Marvel run.

Quote Originally Posted by Olslick View Post
    USPS is only obligated to update tracking upon delivery. If IST generated the shipping label, it's 99% likely it was handed off to the USPS. What they do with it from there is out of IST's hands, and it's likely that at every facility your package passed through, it avoided being scanned for tracking updates. Media Mail can take up to 2 weeks or even longer some of the time, so I would just give it a few more days. If there still isn't any movement on the tracking, then ask IST to look into it. 7 days is usually a pretty speedy delivery by USPS Media Mail standards, so it's not that unusual you don't have your package yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Wait did they announce an Aaron Thor Omnibus? Or are you just saying you're going to buy the OHCs and don't care if they do a Thor Omnibus?

Has anyone deciphered more of those messed up amazon listings? Any idea what the Avengers Epic collection contains?

At work so I cant dive too deep but more I've noticed a squirrel girl OHC. That series any good?
    Last edited by Canucked; 03-14-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

I would probably buy a Shadowland Omnibus. I read the entire event last year and I liked it a lot - it was a well-choreographed street-level event, pretty much the only non-Spider-one Marvel has ever really pulled off.

Plus, it would mean that entire modern Daredevil run is completely OHC'd (currently they drop off after Brubaker)
    There was a mini series that bridged the gap between Shadowland and Waid's run that wasn't too bad as I recall. Not sure if that has ever been collected, either.

I agree with you, though, I didn't think Shadowland was that bad. Plus the idea of Murdock talking over the hand had never been done before. It was pretty much the natural progression of his career at that point.