Page 621 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1215215716116176186196206216226236246256316717211121 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 20767

Woo-hoo two more Thor collected editions in August. Some terrific Dr. Strange as well.

I already own all the Deadpool Way (love them), and most of the Classic. I'm happy with that for DP.

So Spider-Man BND complete collection 3 is coming out soon, taking us up to 591. Anyone have any idea of how many​ more there will need to be to meet up with Big Time complete collection 1, which started with 648? 4 more BND volumes?

So I have a question. I'm wondering what folks' thoughts are on the omnibuses MOST LIKELY to get a reprint. A lot of the big ones have gotten reprints already.

Personally, while some of us would LOVE to get some books reprinted that are going for crazy money on the aftermarket, like X-Men SA 1, Thor SA 1, Iron Man SA 1 and 2, etc... I think those are long shots. The market is not there. I mean, unless they go back to print and only print like 500 of them or something, the masses just aren't clamoring for them.

BUT, I do think there are some books that would/could get some mass market appeal and pull in decent numbers. No analytics from me, all conjecture, but as an example, I think the first three Brubaker Captain America omnibuses would be locks. At least the first two, anyways. Simonson Thor is getting a reprint, so you can cross that off the list. A pile of DD's have gotten reprints, but I'm sure there are some that would pull in #s if they reprinted them.

Then there are books in the middle, that MIGHT do well, and might not, like the Ultimates omnibus. I think a lot of us would like it, who don't have it, but at the same time, unsure if it would pull in the numbers to necessitate a reprint.

What are your thoughts on this topic? When I'm trying to plug my omnibus holes, this is a questions I always ask myself, if it is likely to get a reprint or not. Other thoughts and opinions would be helpful! Thanks!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

All-New Member

So does this new Erik Larsen Spider-Man Hardcover, I have a few of the issues in the Spider-Man/Sinister Six Revenge hardcover but what about the rest of the issues?

Mighty Member

I think a lot of the more modern runs have a great chance ro be reprinted now, after what we've seen from marvel the last year or two. Like Brubaker Cap, Bendis Daredevil, and Astonishing X-Men have to be locks at some point. I also believe that after a decade plus of pumping out the omnibus format they've reached a point in both appeal and catalogue to mix in more reprints. They've seemed to have reach the point where b and c level runs are getting more treatments, along with extremely recent runs, that it would be wise to bolster sales/interest with more evergreen printings.

And not to mention there's probably a whole new generation of HC collectors that have entered the hobby eager to get their hands on the more famous titles. Personally, i got into it about 5 years ago, but refused to pay inflated aftermarket prices. I've more than doubled my Omni count in the last 18 months (Miller DD stuff, Claremont X-Men, Lee ASM, etc) specifically because of Marvels commitment to these reprints. I wouldn't have bought a v3 of Xmen or ASM without them.
    Last edited by awayne83; 06-06-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I think a lot of the more modern runs have a great chance ro be reprinted now, after what we've seen from marvel the last year or two. Like Brubaker Cap, Bendis Daredevil, and Astonishing X-Men have to be locks at some point. I also believe that after a decade plus of pumping out the omnibus format they've reached a point in both appeal and catalogue to mix in more reprints. They've seemed to have reach the point where b and c level runs are getting more treatments, along with extremely recent runs, that it would be wise to bolster sales/interest with more evergreen printings.

And not to mention there's probably a whole new generation of HC collectors that have entered the hobby eager to get their hands on the more famous titles. Personally, i got into it about 5 years ago, but refused to pay inflated aftermarket prices. I've more than doubled my Omni count in the last 18 months (Miller DD stuff, Claremont X-Men, Lee ASM, etc) specifically because of Marvels commitment to these reprints. I wouldn't have bought a v3 of Xmen or ASM without them.
    Couldn't agree more. This is such a, well dare I say a 'strange' hobby, where if you blink you miss it and it's gone. If you suddenly want to read Harry Potter, you can find paperbacks everywhere, same as Hobbit, or whatever, same for music, but for this stuff, limited runs, aftermarket increases many fold, it's insane. But I guess that speaks to the OCD Collector mentality of most comic fans. LOL. Which is why someone would pay $300 for a Hickman FF omni (there's another book that I would guess would get reprinted someday...)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=krisis;2856262]I'm back with the next 10 write-ups of the Most-Wanted Marvel Omnibuses of 2017 from Tigereyes' secret ballot:

#50 – Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch, Vol. 1
    #49 – Captain America (Silver Age), Vol. 3
    #48 – Doctor Strange by Roger Stern
    #47 – Marvel Horror of the 1970s
    #46 – Killraven
    #45 – Captain America by Mark Gruenwald, Vol. 1
    #44 – Runways by Brian K. Vaughan
    #43 – Superior Spider-Man
    #42 – The Punisher by Rucka & Checchetto
    #41 – Black Panther by Christopher Priest, Vol. 1

The only "must buy" on that list is Dr. Strange by Roger Stern for me. I have most of it in a mixture of essentials and TBP and HC, but there are still a few gaps. If the omnibus format gets it all (including the Triumph and Torment GN) I would pick it up.

For the rest, I have no interest in Ghost Rider. I have silver age CA, Marvel Horror, and Killraven in Essentials, and I see no reason to upgrade to omnibi.

CA by Grunewald is long and drops in quality in the latter years. I will stick with the Epic format and forgo the last couple volumes.

I have Runaways in oversized HC. I see no reason to upgrade.

I have Black Panther by Priest in the 4 complete collections. I really like the complete collections and probably won't upgrade. And I have Punisher by Rucka and Superior Spider-Man in regular TBP. If those 2 went on clearance, I would be very tempted to get them and hand down my TBP.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

100% agree with this. I don't keep up with inflated aftermarket prices on these books, but do people really buy these books somebody asks $300 for? Somebody asking that much for a book and it actually consistently selling for that are two different things. My most wanted reprints as of now are the Bendis Daredevils and Brubaker Cap v2 & 3. I'd love to have them, but I honestly wouldn't even pay cover price for them, nevermind the ridiculous asking prices. I don't pay full cover price for any book now, especially with a wish list a mile long of available books I can't afford. As for next most likely to get a reprint, I'd have to go with Infinity Gauntlet with the movie coming next year.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    My most wanted reprints as of now are the Bendis Daredevils and Brubaker Cap v2 & 3. I'd love to have them, but I honestly wouldn't even pay cover price for them, nevermind the ridiculous asking prices. I don't pay full cover price for any book now, especially with a wish list a mile long of available books I can't afford. As for next most likely to get a reprint, I'd have to go with Infinity Gauntlet with the movie coming next year.
    All the abovementioned I bought at discount at instocktrades.com and they're some of the best comics I've ever read. The early Waid Daredevil is pretty great too btw.

I actually happen to like the Bendis DD even better than the Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingsor View Post
    All the abovementioned I bought at discount at instocktrades.com and they're some of the best comics I've ever read. The early Waid Daredevil is pretty great too btw.

I actually happen to like the Bendis DD even better than the Miller.
    Bendis DD is amazing I would be very surprised if we did not get reprints in the next couple years with the show going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Bendis DD is amazing I would be very surprised if we did not get reprints in the next couple years with the show going strong.
    To me, the way Maleev's art worked with Bendis' writing was at least very like art. It was just a masterful run, and the Brubaker was really good too. It's just that after awhile the Brubaker DD just got too depressingly dark. I mean, they are terrific comics and a fantastic run overall, but I for one was happy to see DD when Waid took over and made him...well, happier, swashbuckling, very likeable. Minus as many words, Waid came in when DD was reaching a point of suffocating gloom and added some much need perspective, at least imo.

Of course, I'll never part with ANY of the above comics lol.

I thought the Kraven's Last Hunt Epic was coming out this week. Can't find it on IST. Am I missing something?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I thought the Kraven's Last Hunt Epic was coming out this week. Can't find it on IST. Am I missing something?
    IST did not get their shipment. It's available elsewhere.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    IST did not get their shipment. It's available elsewhere.
    Damn, there goes my Spidey twofer!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Are the War Of Kings Omnis going OOP?
    The first one is (War of Kings) - Sold out at IST, TOW, B&N. Price is $150 on CGN. Amazon only game left in town at $87.

Need to get an update to page one.