Page 758 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2586587087487547557567577587597607617627688088581258 ... LastLast
Results 11,356 to 11,370 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Anyone else find the title of the Deadpool by Way a strange choice for an Omnibus? I'm guessing it's a joke because... well Deadpool. image.jpg

As far as the thread slow down I agree about the proliferation of new threads and I blame the Good Deals thread (for those who remember that heated debate)��. I am guilty of over lurking and under participating, but I do pretty much everything on my phone and sometimes it seems more a chore than it should to post anything of substance.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Anyone else find the title of the Deadpool by Way a strange choice for an Omnibus? I'm guessing it's a joke because... well Deadpool. image.jpg

As far as the thread slow down I agree about the proliferation of new threads and I blame the Good Deals thread (for those who remember that heated debate)��. I am guilty of over lurking and under participating, but I do pretty much everything on my phone and sometimes it seems more a chore than it should to post anything of substance.
    Everything about the book is strange!
    I don't like the choice of cover art anyway, but the title is also bizarre and the spine is horrible too.
    They should've called this "Deadpool Classic vol.2" and included the additional, non-Way mini and one shot content!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    If anyone gets the Daredevil Shadowland omnibus I'd be very interested to know what order the issues are included. I would be happy even if they just got the main Daredevil issues and the Shadowland event issues in the right order, with everything else coming after. I'll eventually buy it regardless, but I'm still like to know.
    This is what they did. Wish they had a ToC I could just snap a pic of as I don't have time to full list out order, but starts with The List one shot then rolls into DD with the main mini interspersed followed up by the other one shots and minis.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

This is what they did. Wish they had a ToC I could just snap a pic of as I don't have time to full list out order, but starts with The List one shot then rolls into DD with the main mini interspersed followed up by the other one shots and minis.
    That is so awesome, thank you so much for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I thought sales for these books are up. Marvel seems to be putting out more as is DC. I think the slow down on this thread is that some folks are starting threads about themes/subjects that would usually have been discussed here.

For example, there's a thread about what books have to happen and one about legendary runs living up to their expectations that usually would have been in this or the DC thread.

Personally, I like it all in one thread, but no big deal, I suppose.
    The thread separation happens quite naturally lately btw. People just create new ones for these discussion, I very rarely create a new thread I actually merge new ones into the old ones quite often to keep things tidier.
    I've also didn't take out posts from one thread and put it to another, rather suggest to repeat the comment in another post, people just take the "good deals" stuff to its own separate thread. So if anyone wants to post about good deals here I don't think it's a problem especially since this place is not as busy as it used to be.

Personally I think the MArvel conversation got a bit less exciting. There is only so much we can say about the crap paper and cover quality or the runs that are still not in omnibus or reprinted but on the other hand we got so much new collections too that it's not really a novelty anymore.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Well at least they got the List, DD & Shadowland issues in order. I'm sure the one shots could have been chronologically placed with a little effort. I can understand the other minis being separate. Ah well, better than nothing. DD Reborn should be at the very end.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 02-13-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Nah, it's not you. I used to read these boards daily ... you basically had to. Some days there would be pages of new comments and feedback to check up on. Now I'll skim it here a couple times a week, if that, just to see what's what. Anyone remember the big amazon glitch of 2010 or 2011 or whenever it was? That's when I first found these forums. Then a few years later there was another glitch where amazon had the $150 Stand Omnibus slipcase for like $10.50. It was worth keeping up with, just because you'd never know what crazy deal was going down. All the anticipation and fun surveys about what would be a new Omnibus release, what was everyone's "white whales", etc. Plus lots and lots of good old fashioned back and forth chicanery and foolishness with posters joking around. Good times.

Sadly, those days are long gone now. A lot of the old posters have disappeared, and former "regulars" just check in once in a while. Also the thread has been kind of neutered with good deals going in another (slow moving) thread, etc.

Much like you, I've wondered if it's a declining interest in physical books ... heck, you can't find comics anywhere nowadays except dedicated comic stores. I think the industry is dying off, slowly, and only the hardcore niche fans like us have stuck around thus far. And there just aren't that many fans that will pay the prices for oversized hardcover books or buy every Epic Collection TPB like we do.
    Hey! I haven't actually checked in for a while, but I happened to catch this. I'm not sure if it's the fault of the industry itself, or the uprising of FB groups like the Omnibud's Cafe and the ToC group, but I've found myself still talking comics in other forums.

Default Marvel Collected Edition Sales - January 2018

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for January 2018 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

8. The Vision by Tom King OHC - 2,770
    50. Inhumans Vs. X-Men TPB - 1,334
    62. Punisher Max: The Complete Collection Vol. 7 - 1,164
    63. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: Legacy Vol. 2 - 1,136
    69. Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil HC Vol. 12 - 1,070
    70. Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 21: Fall of the Pantheon - 1,065
    73. Marvel Masterworks: Sub Mariner HC Vol. 8 - 1,039
    75. Deadpool By Posehn & Duggan: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,030
    76. Deadpool Classic Vol. 21: DVX TPB - 1,017
    84. Iron Man Epic Collection Vol. 15: Doom - 935
    96. X-Men: Legion - Shadow King Rising TPB - 866
    109. Spider-Gwen OHC Vol. 2 - 780
    112. Black Panther By Reginal Hudlin: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 769
    125. Werewolf By Night: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 706
    136. The Inhumans: Beware The Inhumans TPB - 667
    139. Cable: The Nemesis Contract TPB - 653
    158. Deadpool: Worlds Greatest OHC Vol. 3 - 608
    160. New Mutants Back To School: The Complete Collection - 602
    181. Gene Colan’s The Tomb of Dracula Artist’s Edition HC (IDW) - 538
    192. Deadpool & Co. Omnibus - 510
    226. Marvel Cinematic Universe Guidebook: It’s All Connected OHC - 430

DC had one Omnibus in January: Superman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5 - 630

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Well at least they got the List, DD & Shadowland issues in order. I'm sure the one shots could have been chronologically placed with a little effort. I can understand the other minis being separate. Ah well, better than nothing. DD Reborn should be at the very end.
    Reborn is at very end. When I did my quality check page through I saw DD 512, After the Fall then reborn are the close out issues in that order.

Fantastic Member

Well sheesh guys there’s more to comics than just Marvel! I mean the other threads you refer to - runs that live up to the hype, and good deals - those aren’t Marvel-centric right? I mean if someone wants to start up a general discussion like that why would they put it in a thread focused solely on Marvel?

I started this last night and I'm about 6 issues in. I like it more now than I did at the time but I think that's because it followed Bendis and Brubaker and I'd been reading those monthly for years that I probably didn't appreciate it as much. Plus . . . it's way, way darker than Bendis or Brubaker if that's even possible. That said, the concept of DD taking over the Hand is amazing and I'm surprised it was never done before.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Well sheesh guys there’s more to comics than just Marvel! I mean the other threads you refer to - runs that live up to the hype, and good deals - those aren’t Marvel-centric right? I mean if someone wants to start up a general discussion like that why would they put it in a thread focused solely on Marvel?
    In the past, folks would just post the same topic in each of the big three collectible threads. It's no big deal. Just an observation.

Reborn is at very end. When I did my quality check page through I saw DD 512, After the Fall then reborn are the close out issues in that order.
    That's good as that's how it should be. And the last issue Reborn #4 basically continues into Waid's Daredevil #1 (2011).

If anyone is interested in reading the Shadowland event chronologically and doesn't mind flipping the pages to and fro in the Omnibus, below is a reading order of the issues. If it's too much hassle, I believe it's at least worthwhile to slot in the one shots (Bullseye, Elektra, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider), whereas the remaining mini-series can be read at the end as some issues can overlap/merge and have spoilers if read before the "main" issues.

Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil
    Shadowland #1
    Shadowland: Bullseye #1
    Shadowland: Elektra #1
    Daredevil #508
    Daredevil #509
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #1
    Shadowland #2
    Shadowland #3
    Shadowland: Spider-Man #1
    Shadowland: Ghost Rider #1
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #2
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #3
    Shadowland: Power Man #1
    Shadowland: Power Man #2
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #1
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #2
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #3
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #4
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #1
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #2
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #3
    Thunderbolts #148
    Thunderbolts #149
    Daredevil #510
    Shadowland: Power Man #3
    Shadowland: Power Man #4
    Shadowland #4
    Daredevil #511
    Shadowland #5
    Daredevil #512
    Shadowland: After The Fall #1
    Daredevil: Reborn #1-4

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    If anyone is interested in reading the Shadowland event chronologically and doesn't mind flipping the pages to and fro in the Omnibus, below is a reading order of the issues. If it's too much hassle, I believe it's at least worthwhile to slot in the one shots (Bullseye, Elektra, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider), whereas the remaining mini-series can be read at the end as some issues can overlap/merge and have spoilers if read before the "main" issues.

Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil
    Shadowland #1
    Shadowland: Bullseye #1
    Shadowland: Elektra #1
    Daredevil #508
    Daredevil #509
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #1
    Shadowland #2
    Shadowland #3
    Shadowland: Spider-Man #1
    Shadowland: Ghost Rider #1
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #2
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #3
    Shadowland: Power Man #1
    Shadowland: Power Man #2
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #1
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #2
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #3
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #4
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #1
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #2
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #3
    Thunderbolts #148
    Thunderbolts #149
    Daredevil #510
    Shadowland: Power Man #3
    Shadowland: Power Man #4
    Shadowland #4
    Daredevil #511
    Shadowland #5
    Daredevil #512
    Shadowland: After The Fall #1
    Daredevil: Reborn #1-4
    Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I started this last night and I'm about 6 issues in. I like it more now than I did at the time but I think that's because it followed Bendis and Brubaker and I'd been reading those monthly for years that I probably didn't appreciate it as much. Plus . . . it's way, way darker than Bendis or Brubaker if that's even possible. That said, the concept of DD taking over the Hand is amazing and I'm surprised it was never done before.
    Yeah, pretty much anybody following the Bendis/Brubaker runs was doomed to criticism before they even started.