Page 994 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 494894944984990991992993994995996997998100410441094 ... LastLast
Results 14,896 to 14,910 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by VileZero View Post
    Just curious - how can a consumer best let Marvel know that an omnibus should be reprinted?

I received the first Fantastic Four omnibus last year as a Christmas gift, and I adored it. I wanted to dive into the next volume, which includes the first appearance of Galactus, but Fantastic Four Omnibus Volume 2 has been out of print for quite some time. Tweets and emails have gone unanswered. I'm hoping they aren't going to wait until the next F4 movie... who knows how long that'll be.
    PM me if you get the chance. I have a copy but I don't really have any interest in keeping it. I'm willing to either trade for another omni or sell it for $15-20.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    PM me if you get the chance. I have a copy but I don't really have any interest in keeping it. I'm willing to either trade for another omni or sell it for $15-20.

Spectacular Member

The latest solicits appeared on amazon.com

Absolute Carnage Omnibus
    Star wars: age of resistance OHC
    Black Panther by Coates OHC V3
    Darth Vader by Soule OHC V2

and many other things

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    The latest solicits appeared on amazon.com

Darth Vader by Soule OHC V2
    Niiice! I'm finally pulling the trigger on Volume 1 now that I know there's a second coming for sure!

Pic by Johnny_Dark.

I just recently ordered The Mighty Thor: Heroes Return Omnibus Vol 1 online, and I was a little perturbed when it arrived. After taking it out of the box, I noticed it was without its plastic sealing. As a result, there was some minor damage to the dust jacket, varying from small scuffs to slight creases on the edges--nothing too serious, however. I ordered this "new" from a large bookstore retailer, so I'm quite confused as to why it came without its plastic sealing. Did I get their shelf copy? Is there a chance I could get it replaced with a sealed copy? Or did this omnibus just not get factory sealed for whatever reasons? Any insights would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 12-06-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I just recently ordered The Mighty Thor: Heroes Return Omnibus Vol 1 online, and I was a little perturbed when it arrived. After taking it out of the box, I noticed it was without its plastic sealing. As a result, there was some minor damage to the dust jacket, varying from small scuffs to slight creases on the edges--nothing too serious, however. I ordered this "new" from a large bookstore retailer, so I'm quite confused as to why it came without its plastic sealing. Did I get their shelf copy? Is there a chance I could get it replaced with a sealed copy? Or did this omnibus just not get factory sealed for whatever reasons? Any insights would be appreciated.
    If this was indeed a new copy, it 100% should have come shrink wrapped. Where did you order it from? I would request a replacement.

Incredible Member

Do you guys and girls order pretty much anything you can afford that slightly appeals to you or do you curate your collection?

I'd say I curate heavily, and perhaps to a fault. I get rid of books I love would rather keep in the service of shelf space and the clean feeling I get from owning few possessions. It's really a double-edged sword. Recently sold off my New X-Men omnibus because I no longer considered it was one of my top 5-10 runs and had to make space for other books. It burned. But I can't fight that feeling of being overwhelmed when I have too many books.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 12-08-2019 at 05:20 AM.

I had hundreds of collected editions. If I enjoyed a run I would buy it. It was insane and I was building an unreadable collection. I felt like my friend with over a thousand Bluray movies. Was he gonna watch 3 movies a day for a year and still not see all his movies? I switched to digital when deep sales allowed me to buy basically all the books I liked for under 1-5 dollars each and sold off all the I liked that run books keeping only the read over and over again true loves.

My wallet and home are happy for the reduction. The only collected editions I buy physically at the moment is the Legion of Superheroes Omni's. I do enjoy reading on a tablet though and read a lot more stuff I don't physically own then books I do. I feel like if my house burned down I could just buy a new kindle fire and not lose much. It's freeing in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I had hundreds of collected editions. If I enjoyed a run I would buy it. It was insane and I was building an unreadable collection. I felt like my friend with over a thousand Bluray movies. Was he gonna watch 3 movies a day for a year and still not see all his movies? I switched to digital when deep sales allowed me to buy basically all the books I liked for under 1-5 dollars each and sold off all the I liked that run books keeping only the read over and over again true loves.

My wallet and home are happy for the reduction. The only collected editions I buy physically at the moment is the Legion of Superheroes Omni's. I do enjoy reading on a tablet though and read a lot more stuff I don't physically own then books I do. I feel like if my house burned down I could just buy a new kindle fire and not lose much. It's freeing in a way.
    I basically went through the same and it's indeed very freeing. Also I felt like because I'm collecting comics that's all I can do (space limit, cause my flat isn't the biggest and budgetary limits too). But now that I don't really collect but rather just pick up things when I feel like I have more options, less pressure (as soon as I feel FOMO I pull the breaks and focus my attention elsewhere) and more joy when I actually buy something and not just add to an ever growing pile.

I curate. I went digital several years ago for monthlies, and I use various ComiXology sales for discounted trades. My shelf of collected editions is basically reserved for my all-time favorites — stuff that, if my digital library were to be erased tomorrow, I’d still have. So for example I’ve got physical collections of Busiek’s Avengers, then digital for what came after/the Bendis stuff, then physical collections of Hickman’s run. Then back to digital for Waid and Aaron.

I actually just went through another purge.

The amount of books I was purchasing, while still having a huge backlog, was stressing me out. I ended up listing about 10 omnibus' on eBay (some of which I never even read). About half have already sold.

What a relief! I am starting to get to a point in my life where less is more.

The hobby is supposed to bring joy, not stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I actually just went through another purge.

The amount of books I was purchasing, while still having a huge backlog, was stressing me out. I ended up listing about 10 omnibus' on eBay (some of which I never even read). About half have already sold.

What a relief! I am starting to get to a point in my life where less is more.

The hobby is supposed to bring joy, not stress.
    I did the same thing this year. Sold about 60% of my collection and only kept the ones I really love and plan to re-read i the future. So much happier now.

FYI, pro-tip for ya: I highly recommend considering selling books on Comic Swap on reddit. It's been a great, helpful community and selling books on there means you'll avoid the astronomical fees charged by Ebay.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

If any of you guys cleaning up your collections and getting rid of stuff have Lee / Kirby FF vol. 3 omni and want to get rid of it holler at me!

And does anyone else find Annihilation highly overrated? Or am I alone on this one? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I did the same thing this year. Sold about 60% of my collection and only kept the ones I really love and plan to re-read i the future. So much happier now.

FYI, pro-tip for ya: I highly recommend considering selling books on Comic Swap on reddit. It's been a great, helpful community and selling books on there means you'll avoid the astronomical fees charged by Ebay.
    Thanks for the advice! I will check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    If any of you guys cleaning up your collections and getting rid of stuff have Lee / Kirby FF vol. 3 omni and want to get rid of it holler at me!

And does anyone else find Annihilation highly overrated? Or am I alone on this one? I don't get it.
    I loved Annihilation. It was basically a re-building of the Marvel cosmic brand, and I thought it worked out really well.