This is a little frustrating for me. I have the Thunderbolts Classics and Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts trades. Those volumes only go up to issue 50 and it doesn't look like Marvel is ever going to finish the run off in that form. If I buy this omnibus I'll be left with a gap of about 13 issues.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Oh man! Not good. After Slott's Clone Conspiracy, Peter David tried to "put the genie back in the box" in the 2017-2018 Ben Reilly 25 issue run and it wasn't bad but just wasn't totally to my liking. If "Beyond" causes more damage to Ben's character, that's a darn shame.
    Well then don't read the Free Comic Book Day issue that reveals the direction they are taking Ben aka Chasm next.
    Sad mismanagement of a character.

I agree with other thoughts I've seen where Marvel seems to want a spoilers:
    Venom type character foil for Peter now that Venom is largely redeemed. It also is "best friend" adjacent in the way Harry as GG was
    end of spoilers.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Do you guys think we’ll EVER get a Invincible Iron Man by Fraction omni? Criminal it hasn’t been done yet for such a high profile character, too.
    That is my #1 sought after omni. Perhaps next year for Tony's 60th anniversary...?
    I'd also be down for an Ellis/Knaufs omni, with perhaps the Civil War mini included in the middle since it informs so much of Tony of that era, including Fraction's run. Hell, throw the Order mini in there too somewhere.
    Last edited by newparisian; 05-14-2022 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Do you guys think we’ll EVER get a Invincible Iron Man by Fraction omni? Criminal it hasn’t been done yet for such a high profile character, too.
    Yeah im not sure why Fraction's run doesnt get more love from Marvel especially. I would put it right there with Brubaker's Cap - its that good.
    Plus its rare in modern comics to have the same writer/artist (Fraction/Larroca) on every single issue of it.
    Im pretty sure it won multiple accolades/awards thru its tenure too.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

For Iron Man I want second David Michelinie omnibus long over due.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

WOOHOO!

From this year's top fifty poll and my personal top ten list.
    THUNDERBOLTS Vol 3

Collects Thunderbolts (1997) 64-75, 100-109; Avengers/Thunderbolts (2004) 1-6; New Thunderbolts (2004) 1-18, Thunderbolts Presents: Zeno - Born Better(2007) 1-4.

This collects to the end of the Fabian Nicieza run.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 05-15-2022 at 08:47 AM.

As much as I would LOVE and omni of Fraction/Larroca's Iron Man along with a second volume of Michelinie/Layton's, there's no more Iron Man movies, so there's no incentive for them to do Iron Man omnis. Seems like that's what get omnis made; if the character has an upcoming movie or show they're more likely to get an omni - otherwise, they're usually put on the back-burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Well then don't read the Free Comic Book Day issue that reveals the direction they are taking Ben aka Chasm next.
    Sad mismanagement of a character.

I agree with other thoughts I've seen where Marvel seems to want a spoilers:
    Venom type character foil for Peter now that Venom is largely redeemed. It also is "best friend" adjacent in the way Harry as GG was
    end of spoilers.
    Such a shame. I started buying ASM again when I saw Beyond was going to heavily feature Ben. That was clearly a mistake on my part, and it looks to be getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    As much as I would LOVE and omni of Fraction/Larroca's Iron Man along with a second volume of Michelinie/Layton's, there's no more Iron Man movies, so there's no incentive for them to do Iron Man omnis. Seems like that's what get omnis made; if the character has an upcoming movie or show they're more likely to get an omni - otherwise, they're usually put on the back-burner.
    Thats not really true tho. Thunderbolts? Was there a movie announcement?

Peter David Hulk?

Fraction didn’t leave on exactly friendly terms. Not happy with editors iirc.

Maybe thats the reason. Extremely petty on Marvels part if that’s the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

Peter David Hulk?

They’re releasing an omni of his Thor run next month (I think?), so I can’t imagine it’s any personal issue with Fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    They’re releasing an omni of his Thor run next month (I think?), so I can’t imagine it’s any personal issue with Fraction.
    They also released a complete collection of his and Larocca's first 19 issues on Iron Man a few years back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

Peter David Hulk?

It's true for the most part - though there's gonna be a few exceptions here and there, and yes, they are setting up a Thunderbolts movie, production is rumored to start next year.

All-New Member

Hi all, do you have any resources or suggestions for starting Star Wars comics? Omnibus collections are preferred even though all formats are welcome. Non-canon or outer-rim stories would be also good additions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by atureoglu View Post
    Hi all, do you have any resources or suggestions for starting Star Wars comics? Omnibus collections are preferred even though all formats are welcome. Non-canon or outer-rim stories would be also good additions.
    The new canon Marvel series started with Jason Aaron on Star Wars (Omni just re released two weeks ago) and Vader by Keiran Gillen (rereleased in March). Those are both pretty good and obvious places to start before they go out of print again. If you like the new character Doctor Aphra, her Omni is being rereleased in the fall. Decent amount of Jabba, Nar Shadda, etc in those stories, and Aphra is definitely an outer rim type character. The Vader by Soule omni (rereleased in December) covers post Mustafar Vader and introduces the Inquisitors who will be featured in the upcoming Obi Wan series. That's the entirety of canon Omni options.

Non-canon, the fall New Republic Epic Collection v6 (Crimson Empire) is set mostly in the fringes. The Rebellion Epic Collections v5, also in the late summer/fall is more smuggler focused. Last recommendation would be New Republic omnibus v1, which has the entire X-Wing series - that started a little rough, but is mostly about small skirmishes and incremental battles well before the NR made a play for the Core and Coruscant.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

Did the Excalibur deluxe HC sellout on IST? Don’t think I ever saw it on there. Also, looks like the Hellions HC is now going to be an omnibus.