Incredible Member

Looks like All-New Wolverine Omnibus standard edition has sold out at IST. I'll never understand stock levels and inventory anymore. Marvel used to overprint nearly everything, and now it seems to have swung the complete opposite direction. Is it the pandemic, is it the distributor mess, is it extremely small print runs, or all of the above?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    re: Wolverine epic v1... is this any good? They're probably not "important" issues as far as Logan's character is concerned. But are they fun to read on a lark, or just another Wolverine-on-a-Tuesday stories?
    I haven't read any pre-Hama Wolverine, and even Hama (for me) doesn't really get going until Kubert comes onboard.

re: Kirby Romance/War omnibus... first off, wayy too expensive for the number of pages. But more importantly, are these any good? I'm not expecting Ennis' Battlefields type war stories. But are these like most all books from the 50s/60s, i.e. super wordy, unsophisticated (by today's standards), very simple stories...?
    Anyone? Bueller?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Looks like All-New Wolverine Omnibus standard edition has sold out at IST. I'll never understand stock levels and inventory anymore. Marvel used to overprint nearly everything, and now it seems to have swung the complete opposite direction. Is it the pandemic, is it the distributor mess, is it extremely small print runs, or all of the above?
    Bummer. I was waiting for it to hit the regular book stores. Hoping they still get some copies.

Incredible Member

2 big Omnibus reprints coming next year, and I just got some of that material in epic format. Check out NMC for details.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    2 big Omnibus reprints coming next year, and I just got some of that material in epic format. Check out NMC for details.
    Pass for me. But I'm glad those that wanted these are getting their shot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post

A link to the video announcement.

I have the material in Essential format and don't plan to upgrade.

I know those 2 are a lot of people's whales, but I haven't heard good things about the material. Are they worth a pick up?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I know those 2 are a lot of people's whales, but I haven't heard good things about the material. Are they worth a pick up?
    The Roy Thomas/Neal Adams issues in Vol 2 are great. The rest of the material is for completists.

X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1 (January 2022)
    X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 (February 2022)

Pass for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    It’s not as good as you’d like it to be, nor as bad as you hear a lot of people say.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I may preorder the 2 X-Men SA reprints mainly due to historical and sentimental reasons (I read them in the early 80s in the Marvel UK reprints). My only fear is that Marvel will now price them at $125 rather than the original $100.

All-New Member

Hey guys. First time in here and love to see a great community that collects mainly omniboo like me!

Does anyone got their "Predator: The Original Years Omnibus Vol. 1 HC" pre-order canceled? This was one of my most anticipated collections for a long time
    Last edited by atureoglu; 05-07-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I may preorder the 2 X-Men SA reprints mainly due to historical and sentimental reasons (I read them in the early 80s in the Marvel UK reprints). My only fear is that Marvel will now price them at $125 rather than the original $100.
    Where do you pre-order from?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Your fear is well founded.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by atureoglu View Post
    Hey guys. First time in here and love to see a great community that collects mainly omniboo like me!

Does anyone got their "Predator: The Original Years Omnibus Vol. 1 HC" pre-order canceled? This was one of my most anticipated collections for a long time
    Here you go... https://bleedingcool.com/comics/did-...-comics-plans/