Page 882 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3827828328728788798808818828838848858868929329821382 ... LastLast
Results 13,216 to 13,230 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Hopefully X-Men vol 4 omnibus is in the next solicit
    I believe the theory is, that we wont see this for quite some time as not all the material has been collected in Masterworks yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I believe the theory is, that we wont see this for quite some time as not all the material has been collected in Masterworks yet.
    Agreed. I think F4 vol 4 is a likely upcoming candidate, what with all the collection love for F4 lately.

Obviously there are many others that have reached past a MMW threshold to get us another volume (look at poor Hulk!)

Cap could get a vol 3, Iron Man could get a v3 (although vols 1 + 2 have been OOP forever and going for big prices). I'm hoping they do what they did with Spidey - right before soliciting vol 3, they reprinted vols 1 + 2. I would love for them to do that to Iron Man, but I doubt they do. They never reprinted Thor vol 1, and I think that ship's sailed, same for Silver Age X-Men. it's really a crap shoot what they release, outside of X-Men and Spidey which are locks.

Of course the counter argument to all of this is all this material is available in other formats, MMW, Epic, random trades, etc... so I get it. But we all want more omnis. LOL.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Still waiting for a Deadpool by Kelly reprint, wonder why Marvel hasn't seen the need to reprint this

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Agreed. I think F4 vol 4 is a likely upcoming candidate, what with all the collection love for F4 lately.

Obviously there are many others that have reached past a MMW threshold to get us another volume (look at poor Hulk!)

Cap could get a vol 3, Iron Man could get a v3 (although vols 1 + 2 have been OOP forever and going for big prices). I'm hoping they do what they did with Spidey - right before soliciting vol 3, they reprinted vols 1 + 2. I would love for them to do that to Iron Man, but I doubt they do. They never reprinted Thor vol 1, and I think that ship's sailed, same for Silver Age X-Men. it's really a crap shoot what they release, outside of X-Men and Spidey which are locks.

Of course the counter argument to all of this is all this material is available in other formats, MMW, Epic, random trades, etc... so I get it. But we all want more omnis. LOL.
    I have been recently ruminating on this debating whether to switch to MMW for Iron Man as I did with Hulk (because that ship has sailed I believe). I wonder if the proximity of the range of issues from Omnibus to MMW has any bearing. What I mean by that is that Iron Man Vol 3 would bring to at least the end of MMW 9 and Vol 11 was just released with 12 solicited. I wonder if they feel this would create a drop in MMW sales as people would switch to just Omni waiting. I know there are people out there who will sell off their MMW in order to upgrade to an Omni when released and if they felt sure that the Omni's would continue not long after MMW release they might jump off the line all together. If you look at Omni's that have had their Vol 3 released they are all lines that are far ahead in MMW format. Same can be said of Cap. Now bring on DD SA Vol 2!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I have been recently ruminating on this debating whether to switch to MMW for Iron Man as I did with Hulk (because that ship has sailed I believe). I wonder if the proximity of the range of issues from Omnibus to MMW has any bearing. What I mean by that is that Iron Man Vol 3 would bring to at least the end of MMW 9 and Vol 11 was just released with 12 solicited. I wonder if they feel this would create a drop in MMW sales as people would switch to just Omni waiting. I know there are people out there who will sell off their MMW in order to upgrade to an Omni when released and if they felt sure that the Omni's would continue not long after MMW release they might jump off the line all together. If you look at Omni's that have had their Vol 3 released they are all lines that are far ahead in MMW format. Same can be said of Cap. Now bring on DD SA Vol 2!
    This is a very valid point! I hadn't looked at it that way before. Now, having said that, again, X-men is kinda an anomaly, because as soon as MMW vol 12 is out for about 6 months or so, I would bet we'll see Uncanny Omni vol 4 solicited. But that's still 1-2 years away.

Hulk and DD totally have the "plenty of volumes in-between for MMWs" theory you mention. I really wish these things weren't tied to movies (I know technically they aren't, but...) because Hulk may have no shot; DD maybe due to Netflix series going strong, but Netflix is not the same as movies, at least on the omnibus front.

I think another thing to view when trying to 'read the tea leaves' on these things is what have they reprinted? Cap - they reprinted both vols 1 AND 2 fairly recently (2 years ago, maybe?), so to me, that says they want to keep them in print/rotation, and to me that means "keep the line alive". So I totally believe we'll see a Cap vol 3 at some point. But if your theory holds true, we might not see it for a year or two, which would then coincide with probably the next Cap movie, be it a BuckyCap or SamCap movie.

Iron Man, no reprints, no love, no movie on horizon, I think that ship's sailed. I'm going back for MMWs where price is reasonable, and having an Epic/MMW Amalgamation for Iron man. Until the day I see one or both of his omni's at fairly reasonable prices. I saw IM vol 1 sold for $85 recently on Ebay, outside the norm, but you CAN find bargains if you look and wait long enough. But I digress...

There's nothing stopping them from making ANY of these into omnis, but especially for Hulk or DD. With Ruffalo's portrayal of the Hulk in the MCU getting such kudos over the last 5+ years, I would've thought that would be the perfect time to reprint vol 1 or at least bring out a vol 2. Maybe they just don't have a desire to do that?

DD - vol 1 is still a fairly recent release, so we can't say, "they're not going to do a vol 2" as probably not enough time has past.

Dr Strange - Now that they've completed the other series, I would bet we'll see a silver Age vol 2 coming once Dr Strange 2 movie comes out. And again, like DD, vol 1 didn't come out that long ago.

Avengers, Spidey, and probably FF seem on a fairly constant rotation. I don't see why they wouldn't keep pumping these things out. I mean, material is already restored; DC is coming out with volume 6's of their GA lines, so it's not incredible to think we'll see more vol 4s or even 5s at some point. And from marvel's perspective, some customers would essentially double or even triple dip over the lifetime on the same material, so why stop them? (i.e. Bob has bought the MMWs new - Marvel got his initial $, then he sells them on aftermarket (marvel gets no $ from that) but then buys omni, which Marvel gets more $ from. Heck Bob might also have gotten some Epics of the same material, just because collectors are kinda crazy ;-)

Sorry for the long ramble. This stuff obviously excites me.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    This is a very valid point! I hadn't looked at it that way before. Now, having said that, again, X-men is kinda an anomaly, because as soon as MMW vol 12 is out for about 6 months or so, I would bet we'll see Uncanny Omni vol 4 solicited. But that's still 1-2 years away.

Hulk and DD totally have the "plenty of volumes in-between for MMWs" theory you mention. I really wish these things weren't tied to movies (I know technically they aren't, but...) because Hulk may have no shot; DD maybe due to Netflix series going strong, but Netflix is not the same as movies, at least on the omnibus front.

I think another thing to view when trying to 'read the tea leaves' on these things is what have they reprinted? Cap - they reprinted both vols 1 AND 2 fairly recently (2 years ago, maybe?), so to me, that says they want to keep them in print/rotation, and to me that means "keep the line alive". So I totally believe we'll see a Cap vol 3 at some point. But if your theory holds true, we might not see it for a year or two, which would then coincide with probably the next Cap movie, be it a BuckyCap or SamCap movie.

Iron Man, no reprints, no love, no movie on horizon, I think that ship's sailed. I'm going back for MMWs where price is reasonable, and having an Epic/MMW Amalgamation for Iron man. Until the day I see one or both of his omni's at fairly reasonable prices. I saw IM vol 1 sold for $85 recently on Ebay, outside the norm, but you CAN find bargains if you look and wait long enough. But I digress...

There's nothing stopping them from making ANY of these into omnis, but especially for Hulk or DD. With Ruffalo's portrayal of the Hulk in the MCU getting such kudos over the last 5+ years, I would've thought that would be the perfect time to reprint vol 1 or at least bring out a vol 2. Maybe they just don't have a desire to do that?

DD - vol 1 is still a fairly recent release, so we can't say, "they're not going to do a vol 2" as probably not enough time has past.

Dr Strange - Now that they've completed the other series, I would bet we'll see a silver Age vol 2 coming once Dr Strange 2 movie comes out. And again, like DD, vol 1 didn't come out that long ago.

Avengers, Spidey, and probably FF seem on a fairly constant rotation. I don't see why they wouldn't keep pumping these things out. I mean, material is already restored; DC is coming out with volume 6's of their GA lines, so it's not incredible to think we'll see more vol 4s or even 5s at some point. And from marvel's perspective, some customers would essentially double or even triple dip over the lifetime on the same material, so why stop them? (i.e. Bob has bought the MMWs new - Marvel got his initial $, then he sells them on aftermarket (marvel gets no $ from that) but then buys omni, which Marvel gets more $ from. Heck Bob might also have gotten some Epics of the same material, just because collectors are kinda crazy ;-)

Sorry for the long ramble. This stuff obviously excites me.
    With Hulk though it should be remembered that his Vol 1 lingered for quite some time so I just don't see the demand for a reprint even if they decided to put out Vol 2. I didn't get really serious about this hobby until around 2012 or so and Hulk was still readily available from 2008 whereas Iron Man was already OOP and selling for a premium from the same time frame. His Volume 2 probably shifted OOP pretty quickly as I had to get that on the aftermarket as well, for a little above cover if I remember correctly, so the argument can be made that the demand is there for Vol. 3. I think Dr. Strange is a no brainer for follow on volumes. Volume 1 moved well and I remember seeing an interview where Cory spelled out his mapping for the first 3 volumes after there was some complaints about how thin the first was going to be. I really only threw DD out there because it took sooo long to even see volume one compared to other SA titles. I am still not sure what to do about Iron Man though... I don't mind mixing Omnibus to MMW when that's the only choice, but I hate double dipping on the premium products! I need to make up my mind soon though since from my searches it looks like Vol's 7-current can still be found for reasonable prices.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 4 ROMITA COVER (DM ONLY):
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI OMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL:
    I think ASM Omni v4 can threaten to break 2K units sold while the JMS Omni still hits 1,300-1,500 units. Both of these are strong and despite coming out near each other shouldn't hurt buyers enthusiasm too much. They will sacrifice elsewhere.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I think ASM Omni v4 can threaten to break 2K units sold while the JMS Omni still hits 1,300-1,500 units. Both of these are strong and despite coming out near each other shouldn't hurt buyers enthusiasm too much. They will sacrifice elsewhere.
    Yeah I really hope ASM 4 puts a big fat nail in the coffin about the diminishing returns theory.

Astonishing Member

Amazing Spider-Man Vol:4 Omnibus will be a must buy to me.
    Way cool that Amazing Spider-Man will have a fourth Omnibus.I have already some stories that are included in this volume in TPB but there are many that i have not, so i donīt mind the double dip of those stories in my collection.

I will buy the Romita DM cover for the ASM Vol. 4 omni. I unfortunately didn't get to buy the Gil Kane cover for Vol. 3, so the hunt is now on.
    I have all this material in MMW format, but since the upcoming volume seamlessly connects with Vol. 15, there won't be double dipping in my shelf (that was my excuse not to buy Vol. 3).

Regarding the JMS one, it's a run I really like since it's the one where I really started reading Spidey monthly back in my teen years. But I'll probably wait for the second volume to be solicited and buy them in one go, at least for the time being.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I believe ASM Vol. 4 will most certainly break the 2,000 barrier. ASM Vol. 3 is a good indicator (2,693).

Let's just hope Marvel don't release both of these Spidey Omnis in the same week. Two $125 Omnis at the same time is a bit much. Unfortunately, Marvel do have a tendency to release two or three Omnis in the same week and then nothing gor a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I will buy the Romita DM cover for the ASM Vol. 4 omni. I unfortunately didn't get to buy the Gil Kane cover for Vol. 3, so the hunt is now on.
    I have all this material in MMW format, but since the upcoming volume seamlessly connects with Vol. 15, there won't be double dipping in my shelf (that was my excuse not to buy Vol. 3).

Regarding the JMS one, it's a run I really like since it's the one where I really started reading Spidey monthly back in my teen years. But I'll probably wait for the second volume to be solicited and buy them in one go, at least for the time being.
    I'll also be picking up the Romita cover which means I need to pick it up on release week from IST and pay the hefty shipping fee. I'm very happy that it covers all of MMW Vol. 14 as this one of my white whales (I have MMW ASM 11-13 and 15 upwards).

Mighty Member

I'll also be picking up the Romita cover which means I need to pick it up on release week from IST and pay the hefty shipping fee. I'm very happy that it covers all of MMW Vol. 14 as this one of my white whales (I have MMW ASM 11-13 and 15 upwards).
    Not just release week, release day. As i recall the v3 DM variant sold out within hours on IST, as some of those classic covers tend to do

Hey guys and girls, I haven't been on the board in forever and wanted to get some input. I've been caring for a sick family member and things took a turn for the worse and will have to be moving out of the home I live in within the next few months and probably move into an apartment. The problem is I now have financial problems and around half of my Omni/OHC collection will not be making the trip with me due to both room and the actual problem of moving the heavy books. I was thinking about putting them up on ebay but I know back in the day people posted on this thread and listed what they had and worked out selling them to other members on the board through private messages. Is that still and ok thing to do? It would be about a dozen Omni's and around 20 OHC's that are pretty much all OOP and I wouldn't be looking to rip anyone off (they definitely would be priced well below Amazon marketplace prices). Just looking for any input otherwise I'll just throw them up on ebay but I would rather sell them to any of you guys who would want them and not pay through the nose.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 4 ROMITA COVER (DM ONLY):
    While I always try to get the classic cover with classic books, I still haven't seen the standard cover for this. Is there an image of it yet?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    Hey guys and girls, I haven't been on the board in forever and wanted to get some input. I've been caring for a sick family member and things took a turn for the worse and will have to be moving out of the home I live in within the next few months and probably move into an apartment. The problem is I now have financial problems and around half of my Omni/OHC collection will not be making the trip with me due to both room and the actual problem of moving the heavy books. I was thinking about putting them up on ebay but I know back in the day people posted on this thread and listed what they had and worked out selling them to other members on the board through private messages. Is that still and ok thing to do? It would be about a dozen Omni's and around 20 OHC's that are pretty much all OOP and I wouldn't be looking to rip anyone off (they definitely would be priced well below Amazon marketplace prices). Just looking for any input otherwise I'll just throw them up on ebay but I would rather sell them to any of you guys who would want them and not pay through the nose.
    To avoid any inadvertent rule violations, I'd say this post is fine as it is. Anyone who reads it is free to reach out to you via DM, and you guys can take it from there.

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES