Page 43 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753931435431043 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    just started to read silver surfer on marvel unlimited and was blown away by the awesomeness! has anyone heard if this is going to be released as an ohc anytime soon? it's PRE-DESTINED to be read in a deluxe edition, but i guess the sales on the regular issues wren't that stellar, so... should i just get the tpbs?
    I think it may end up being one of those OHC's based on critical acclaim. They will need to wait for the final issue of this secret wars run to be done, then I think they would have a solid volume there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    What kind of Deadpool is in the Way complete collections? Is it the genuinely funny, crazy one like Cable and Deadpool or is it the unbearable one that spends five pages at a time talking to his multiple personalities?
    Both, but mostly the second one.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

What kind of Deadpool is in the Way complete collections? Is it the genuinely funny, crazy one like Cable and Deadpool or is it the unbearable one that spends five pages at a time talking to his multiple personalities?
    A little of it all to be honest. Way took the multiple personalities and rolled with it. The art is the best part, and is always solid. The OHC line wasn't completed but I think the success of the trades and the deadpool omnis means that we could one day see a Way Omni. Who knows.

I would say that it's a series for deadpool fans only. But if you like him at all, jump in.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    Are the issues in the Star Wars epics available on Marvel Unlimited? I tried to have a look but as someone who's never read a SW comic looking at the vast array on MU I can't pick them out if they're there!
    Do you just want to sample the Epics to help you decide if you want to buy them ? If that's the case, I found out yesterday that there's a "Look inside" option on Amazon.com for each Star Wars Epic. You can read a good bit of each Epic there.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    A little of it all to be honest. Way took the multiple personalities and rolled with it. The art is the best part, and is always solid. The OHC line wasn't completed but I think the success of the trades and the deadpool omnis means that we could one day see a Way Omni. Who knows.

I would say that it's a series for deadpool fans only. But if you like him at all, jump in.
    I'm not sure what series it is that I read with the multiple personality conversations but after one or two they became a huge drag. I might order the first collection and hope it isn't the series I've already read and disliked.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Unbearable. It's Way who gave him the 20 extra voices in his head.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I think it may end up being one of those OHC's based on critical acclaim. They will need to wait for the final issue of this secret wars run to be done, then I think they would have a solid volume there.
    really hope you're right about that. if anyone's good friends with dan slott, maybe he can ask him or something

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Do you just want to sample the Epics to help you decide if you want to buy them ? If that's the case, I found out yesterday that there's a "Look inside" option on Amazon.com for each Star Wars Epic. You can read a good bit of each Epic there.
    I'm not really fussy about owning them physically, I've just always had a passing interest in the material but never known where to start. The time periods of the 2 books mentioned are exactly what I'm after, but if I could read them on MU that would do me. But if they are issues scattered across different titles etc I'd probably rather stump up for the epics as dipping between titles on MU takes me out of yhe story too much. I prefer to use it just for runs on titles.

Cheers for all the answers though guys ☺

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Please find below the complete estimated comic book sales figures for October 2015 (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list (position, title, est. sales).

42. Shield Complete Collection Omnibus HC - 1,983
    44. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 2 Empire - 1,969
    57. Hawkeye By Matt Fraction and David Aja Omnibus HC - 1,682
    58. Star Wars Marvel Covers HC Vol. 1 - 1,677
    79. Moon Knight Epic Collection Shadows of Moon - 1,477
    86. Star Wars Marvel Years Omnibus HC Vol. 3 - 1,403
    93. Werewolf By Night Omnibus HC - 1,347
    97. Marvel Masterworks Defenders HC Vol. 5 - 1,273
    112. Man Thing By Steve Gerber Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,114
    133. Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection Vol. 2 - 897
    145. Damage Control Complete Collection - 849
    154. Marvel Legacy of Jack Kirby Slipcase HC - 794
    185. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad HC - 661
    198. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 617
    290. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 382
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Werewolf by night did okay, considering. It's probably my favourite Omni this year. Shield really killed it. Deadpool by Way just keeps going on and on and on.
    I'd need a larger breakdown of sales on more Omnis but it seems that Werewolf by Night's 1300 units of a niche horror character is a bit better than "okay".
    It's right there with SW vol.3, which despite being derided as mediocre to bad stories sold only 56 units more.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm not sure what series it is that I read with the multiple personality conversations but after one or two they became a huge drag. I might order the first collection and hope it isn't the series I've already read and disliked.
    I hate DP but bought the first volume for my flatmate who loves him because it was dirt cheap. She said the Wolverine origins issues were bad but after those she liked it but the NOW series was better (although that needed a few issues to get going as well).

The Deadpool annual that came out last year had me in tears of laughter. Probably the greatest thing from Now

Incredible Member

Don't know if anybody posted pictures, this is all I've taken so far, but I received my copies of New Avengers By Hickman Volume 2 and The Avengers by Busiek and Perez Omnibus Volume 2 from indigo!

Incredible Member

Those are really good collected edition numbers all around for the direct market. SHIELD and Hawkeye performed very well and Werewolf did pretty good too considering what it is.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Those are really good collected edition numbers all around for the direct market. SHIELD and Hawkeye performed very well and Werewolf did pretty good too considering what it is.
    Guardians of the Galaxy Solo Omnibus is officially the first omni, that has topped the 100 Euro mark on release (going for about 105,-) at my internet comic dealer, which has normally good prices. Are they insane? I didn't buy the omni because of that of course. Flimsy paper and these prices don't mix well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Just go to Amazon, search comics and graphic novels by publishers and sort it by publication date.
    Finally got around to trying this out. Works great. Thanks for the tip!