Page 410 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510910 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

So I know that a lot of the classic Silver Age series (Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, etc.) have some pretty bad periods of writing in them. I'm basically looking for some recommendations on how far into to these classic series should I read and then where should I skip to. For example I know Daredevil is only good for a certain amount of issues before you can skip a good chunk and pick up with Frank Miller's run and you wouldn't really be missing out on anything worth reading.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I only collect Marvel in oversized format. It helps me be more selective. And honestly I've bought a bunch of Omnis but I've only rear like 4-5 so far. I'm super slow in my progress and I don't mind silver age but I don't think I'll buy anymore. Like I really enjoyed ASM1-2 but even though it's probably the best SA title I don't think I'll ever read it again. It's interesting from a history point of view and it's actually a good read but similarly to GA and SA Batman what I'm going to re-read is Year One, Long Halloween Killing Joke... the big ones... not the historic parts.
    So I'm starting to really think twice about ordering things. I don't want to miss out on Omnis but at the same time if I'm only going to read them once and never again, what's the point?
    I know you said you only collect in oversized, but you may want to give the epic line a shot. Even if you skip the omni and decide later you want to read it, you will likely be able to find the epic counterpart at a good price vs the OOP omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So I know that a lot of the classic Silver Age series (Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, etc.) have some pretty bad periods of writing in them. I'm basically looking for some recommendations on how far into to these classic series should I read and then where should I skip to. For example I know Daredevil is only good for a certain amount of issues before you can skip a good chunk and pick up with Frank Miller's run and you wouldn't really be missing out on anything worth reading.
    Spider-Man is one of the more consistently well written heroes. If you wanted to, you could read everything up until the 90's for him. I would say read everything up until the end of Michelinie's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    Not as much knowledge on post Stan Lee Spider-Man as others, but everything I have read from the silver age is great. Fantastic Four had a incredible silver age run you have Kirby's art and amazing work for the first 102 issues all the way to 1970 when silver age ended, and then you have Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway Steve Englehart, Len Wein, and Marv Wolfman writing along with art from John Romita Sr., John Buscema, and George Pérez come in and do a great job in the bronze age, then you had Byrne come in and do one of these most amazing FF runs. I would say they do not have any weak periods during the silver age and continued strong into the next age also.
    Last edited by Judge Dredd; 08-23-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I only collect Marvel in oversized format. It helps me be more selective. And honestly I've bought a bunch of Omnis but I've only rear like 4-5 so far. I'm super slow in my progress and I don't mind silver age but I don't think I'll buy anymore. Like I really enjoyed ASM1-2 but even though it's probably the best SA title I don't think I'll ever read it again. It's interesting from a history point of view and it's actually a good read but similarly to GA and SA Batman what I'm going to re-read is Year One, Long Halloween Killing Joke... the big ones... not the historic parts.
    So I'm starting to really think twice about ordering things. I don't want to miss out on Omnis but at the same time if I'm only going to read them once and never again, what's the point?
    I think if you find yourself in that mind set, stop buying.

Go digital, and only buy the stuff you really like. Most stuff is digital now, so when you see a solicitation for something you are interested in, go read it in digital format, then if you like it, buy it in OHC. If you dont, no loss, you only spent your digital subscription money (or nothing if you go dodgy).
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member

So, the November solicitations are out. These are the HCs:

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by MARK WAID
    Penciled by ADAM KUBERT, MAHMUD ASRAR
    & ALAN DAVIS
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    The Avengers are dead -- long live the Avengers! When a threat from beyond the stars targets our world, fate draws Captain America, Thor, Vision and Iron Man together again -- alongside a group of young adventurers who will reinvigorate Earth's Mightiest Heroes like never before! Welcome to the big leagues, Nova, Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales, a.k.a Spider-Man! But who is the familiar villain pulling the reassembled Avengers' strings? And can the new lineup last long enough to be more than a footnote in the team's great history? Maybe not, when the events of STANDOFF make them forget their true identities! Then, feel the sting of the All-Different Wasp! Is she friend or foe? Collecting ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #1-12; and material from AVENGERS (2015) #0, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2015 (AVENGERS) #1 and FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CIVIL WAR II) #1.
    312 PGS./Rated T+ ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90409-8
    Trim size: oversized

DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by MARK WAID & GREG RUCKA
    Penciled by PAOLO RIVERA, MARCOS MARTIN, KANO, KHOI PHAM, MARCO CHECCHETTO,
    CHRIS SAMNEE, MIKE ALLRED & EMMA RîOS
    Cover by MIKE ALLRED
    The devil is reborn -- and his adventures will leave you gasping for air! The Man Without Fear visits his unique blend of blind justice on Klaw, the Megacrime cartel and the Mole Man, while the hotly contested battle to secure the Omega Drive will require Daredevil to team up with Spider-Man and not one but two Punishers! But as size-changing scientist Hank Pym enters Matt Murdock's head to destroy nanobots implanted by Doctor Doom, will saving Daredevil's brain cost Matt his mind? Ghosts from the past will haunt DD, while Matt faces a life-or-death drama of his own. With new enemies, new friends and a "grinnin' in the face of hell" attitude, Mark Waid delivers an Eisner Award-winning run like no other! Collecting DAREDEVIL (2011) #1-27 and #10.1, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #677, AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #6 and PUNISHER (2011) #10.
    728 PGS./Rated T+ ...$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90426-5

DEADPOOL: THE ADAMANTIUM COLLECTION HC SLIPCASE
    Written by ROB LIEFELD, FABIAN NICIEZA, JOE KELLY, CHRISTOPHER PRIEST, GAIL SIMONE, DANIEL WAY,
    CULLEN BUNN, GERRY DUGGAN & BRIAN POSEHN
    Penciled by ROB LIEFELD, JOE MADUREIRA, ED MCGUINNESS, BERNARD CHANG, JIM CALAFIORE, SAL VELLUTO, UDON, PATRICK ZIRCHER, PACO MEDINA, DALIBOR TALAJIC, DECLAN SHALVEY, SCOTT KOBLISH & MORE
    Cover by SCOTT ELMER
    Presenting the Merc-iest, Mouth-iest Deadpool collection of all time! From his dynamic debut in 1991 to a story that unfolded across 2016's variant covers, celebrate 25 years of Wade Wilson wackiness by the finest creators to ever regenerate the degenerate! Deadpool will try to stop the Juggernaut, cross the Black Panther's path, and lock horns with Daredevil and Typhoid Mary! He'll have an explosive encounter with Black Swan, and try to join the X-Men! He'll enjoy team-ups with Cable, Wolverine and Captain America -- and then kill the entire Marvel Universe! In this titanic tome, anything can happen! Collecting NEW MUTANTS (1983) #98; DEADPOOL: THE CIRCLE CHASE #1-4; DEADPOOL (1997) #6-8, #44 and #65-69; DAREDEVIL/DEADPOOL ANNUAL '97; BLACK PANTHER (1998) #23; CABLE & DEADPOOL #20-23; DEADPOOL (2008) #16-18; DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #1-4; DEADPOOL (2012) #15-19; and the DEADPOOL SECRET COMIC VARIANTS.
    784 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$200.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90467-8
    Trim size: Adamantium-sized

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY JIM VALENTINO OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JIM VALENTINO, AL MILGROM,
    TOM DEFALCO, LEN KAMINSKI, RON MARZ
    & ARNOLD DRAKE
    Penciled by JIM VALENTINO, MARK TEXEIRA, HERB TRIMPE, JJ BIRCH, AL MILGROM,
    ALEX TRIMPE, RON LIM, GENE COLAN & MORE
    Cover by JIM VALENTINO
    Thrill to the exploits of the 31st century's greatest super-team, the original Guardians of the Galaxy! Join Vance Astro, Yondu, Starhawk, Nikki, Charlie-27, Martinex and Aleta as they undertake a quest to find Captain America's long-lost shield -- a mission that pits them against Iron Man's twisted legacy! They'll land on the World of Mutants and wind up in the middle of a violent rebellion against Wolverine's descendant, Rancor! Learn the secret origin of the once-and-future Guardians, and catch up with Firelord, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Ghost Rider and the 31st century's Punisher in the ultimate exploration of the future of the Marvel Universe, helmed by visionary talent Jim Valentino! Collecting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (1990) #1-29 and ANNUAL #1-2; MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #18; and material from FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #24, THOR ANNUAL #16 and SILVER SURFER ANNUAL #4.
    984 PGS./Rated T ...$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90439-5

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DAREDEVIL VOL. 11 HC
    Written by STEVE GERBER with CHRIS CLAREMONT, GERRY CONWAY & TONY ISABELLA
    Penciled by BOB BROWN & GENE COLAN with DON HECK, SAL BUSCEMA & JIM STARLIN
    Cover by GIL KANE
    Daredevil teams up with not one but two stunning women of Marvel when Black Widow and Shanna the She-Devil join the battle against Black Spectre! Together, the three heroes must uncover the secret leaders of an organization bent on bringing the United States to its knees. It's a massive saga that will pull in heroes from across the Marvel Universe, including Moondragon and the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing -- culminating in a battle royale on the White House lawn! Classic villains like Gladiator and Owl abound, and new enemies emerge when Death-Stalker hatches a plan that brings Man-Thing into the fray! Add in a return to Fogwell's Gym, where it all began, and what we have in store are true Marvel Masterworks! Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #108-119 and MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #3.
    264 PGS./Rated T ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90346-6
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DAREDEVIL VOL. 11 HC -- VARIANT EDITION VOL. 242 (DM ONLY)
    264 PGS./Rated T ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90459-3

SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC DEODATO COVER
    Written by DOUG MOENCH
    Penciled by MIKE ZECK, GENE DAY & RICK HOBERG
    Covers by MIKE DEODATO & MIKE ZECK
    Shang-Chi continues to have his deadly hands full with foes like Shockwave, the sinister Agent Syn and the weapons master Zaran! But will his mastery of kung fu be enough to overcome monstrous menaces and the mindless minions of Mordillo? He thought he'd seen the last of his most bitter enemy -- but an unholy resurrection will bring Shang-Chi face-to-face once again with his fearsome father Fu Manchu! And the family reunion will get even more bitter when Shang's sister, Fah Lo Suee, renews their sibling rivalry. There'll be gang wars, death cults and mind-blowing martial-arts mayhem on land and on sea! Plus: What if the Master of Kung Fu fought on the side of Fu Manchu? Collecting MASTER OF KUNG FU (1974) #71-101 and WHAT IF? (1977) #16.
    696 PGS./Rated T+ ...$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90131-8
    SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC ZECK COVER (DM ONLY)
    696 PGS./Rated T+ ...$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90185-1

UNCANNY INHUMANS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by CHARLES SOULE & RYAN STEGMAN
    Penciled by STEVE MCNIVEN, BRANDON PETERSON, KEV WALKER & RYAN LEE
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    The Inhumans have never been so Uncanny! Medusa, Black Bolt and the royal family have welcomed the Beast and the Human Torch -- and even stranger, Johnny Storm and Medusa are an item! But what could have happened between Inhumans and mutants that led to one of the original X-Men switching sides? Meanwhile, one of the most dangerous villains in all of history has targeted the Inhumans. Will Kang conquer New Attilan? Black Bolt's new nightspot, the Quiet Room, is a lot rowdier than it sounds -- no wonder he's pulling in the big guns to put his house in order. And as Prince Ahura vies for power, word of the new Inhuman power couple reaches Crystal -- Medusa's little sister and Johnny's first love. Things may get hairy! Collecting UNCANNY INHUMANS #0-10 and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2015 (AVENGERS) #1.
    280 PGS./Rated T+ ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90383-1

Fantastic Member

And the "fat" TPBs:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION: GREAT RESPONSIBILITY TPB
    Volume #2 in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO
    Penciled by STEVE DITKO
    Cover by STEVE DITKO
    Stan Lee and Steve Ditko created an unabashed cultural phenomenon in the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. Their pitch-perfect blend of Peter Parker's everyday woes and Spider-Man's never-say-die adventures was something undeniably special. And after years of perfecting that formula, they unleashed the definitive Spider-Man masterpiece: the Master Planner saga! Putting Spider-Man through the most wrenching experience of his career, Lee and Ditko defined the spirit of a hero that has inspired millions. This Epic Collection has that complete story and so much more in store: the first appearance of Gwen Stacy, Peter Parker's high-school graduation and landmark battles with the Green Goblin -- plus a spellbinding team-up with that other famous Lee/Ditko creation, Doctor Strange! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #18-38 and ANNUAL #2.
    504 PGS./All Ages ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9581-8

LUKE CAGE, IRON FIST & THE HEROES FOR HIRE VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by JAMES FELDER, JAIMIE CAMPOS & JOHN OSTRANDER
    Penciled by JOE BENNETT, PASQUAL FERRY & MORE
    Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
    Luke Cage and Danny Rand reunite in team-ups with Spider-Man and...Sabretooth?! And they're just in time to relaunch the expanded Heroes for Hire! A super-villain prison break inspires Iron Fist to fill the void left by the Avengers and Fantastic Four -- but his ex-partner Luke will take some convincing. Hercules and White Tiger are eager recruits, but is Hulk a joiner? Maybe She-Hulk would be a better fit. A transformed Black Knight rides in, and the Master of the World twists Luke's arm. But will he stay after Power Man battles Iron Fist? The team will face Deviants, Punisher and the Thunderbolts -- there must be a little room left for Ant-Man to help out. Collecting SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) #13, MARVEL FANFARE (1996) #6 and HEROES FOR HIRE (1997) #1-9.
    312 PGS./Rated T ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90229-2

PUNISHER MAX: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 4 TPB
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Penciled by GORAN PARLOV, HOWARD CHAYKIN, JOHN SEVERIN, LEWIS LAROSA & RICHARD CORBEN
    Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
    The Punisher's fiercest foe returns! As if a load of buckshot to the chest in shark-infested waters could put Barracuda down for good. But is even he man enough to play bodyguard to the hemophiliac son of a dangerous mob boss? If Barracuda can survive that gig, he'll be out to settle his score with Frank Castle. Meanwhile, the skull-chested vigilante hunts his biggest game of all, and makes Riker's prison his own personal playground. Plus: Tales from Frank Castle's beginning and end! A 10-year-old Frank takes his first step on the road that will eventually turn him into the Punisher, while a much older Castle makes his last stand in the apocalyptic nightmare that is New York! Collecting PUNISHER PRESENTS: BARRACUDA #1-5, PUNISHER (2004) #50-60, PUNISHER: THE TYGER, PUNISHER: THE CELL and PUNISHER: THE END.
    544 PGS./Explicit Content ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90244-5

SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK BY JOHN BYRNE: THE RETURN TPB
    Written by JOHN BYRNE, HOWARD MACKIE
    & MICHAEL EURY
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, TODD BRITTON & MORE
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    John Byrne makes his sensational return to the series he started, and She-Hulk's adventures as a super hero who knows she's in a comic book get wilder and more hilarious than ever! Shulkie will face problems high and low as her signature writer/penciler pits her against Spragg the Living Hill and sends her on a puntastic Jenny to the center of the Earth! But will she say "I do" to the Mole Man? She-Hulk will banter, body-swap, and battle tooth and nail as she tackles foes like the Black Talon and his Unliving X-Humed -- and the Living Eraser, who may just wipe her out of comic-book continuity! But is She-Hulk's greatest nemesis Xemnu the Titan, or John Byrne himself?! Collecting SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #31-46 and #48-50.
    464 PGS./Rated T ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90169-1

VENOM: SEPARATION ANXIETY TPB (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by CARL POTTS, HOWARD MACKIE & TERRY KAVANAGH
    Penciled by LIAM SHARP, RON LIM, STEVEN BUTLER, TOM LYLE & RON RANDALL
    Cover by TOM LYLE
    The lethal protector continues his symbiotic crusade as the most fearsome antihero in comics! But the bounty hunter Mace and the Sunrise Society may well bring an end to Eddie Brock's new dawn! If not, perhaps the demonic vigilante Vengeance will be Venom's undoing when the two dark warriors are targeted by the Stalkers! Then again, Venom might end up caught in the familiar yet different web of the amazing, spectacular...Scarlet Spider? One way or another, Eddie and his other half are heading for some separation anxiety. But while the alien parasite begins a quest to reunite with Brock, five symbiotic spawns of Venom get to him first! Is this the end of a fearsome friendship? Collecting VENOM: THE MACE #1-3, VENOM: NIGHTS OF VENGEANCE #1-4, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #118-119, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #52-53 and VENOM: SEPARATION ANXIETY #1-4.
    352 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90172-1

YOUNG AVENGERS BY ALLAN HEINBERG & JIM CHEUNG: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB
    Written by ALLAN HEINBERG
    Penciled by JIM CHEUNG & ANDREA DI VITO with MICHAEL GAYDOS, NEAL ADAMS, GENE HA,JAE LEE, BILL SIENKIEWICZ & PASQUAL FERRY
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Acclaimed TV veteran Allan Heinberg makes his comics debut, melding his unique ear for realistic teen characters with the trademark action and adventure of the Marvel Universe. Lauded as "a great piece of entertainment" by Silver Bullet Comics, YOUNG AVENGERS became the sleeper hit of 2005 and the critical darling of 2006! When the original Avengers disband, a team of teenage heroes comes together to fill the gap. Their first order of business: surviving the wrath of Kang the Conqueror and weathering the disapproval of the adult Avengers! Next, the newly formed Young Avengers take on super-powered sadist Mister Hyde, the extraterrestrial Super-Skrull and a full-scale alien invasion, juggling their parents and their
    private lives at the same time! Collecting YOUNG AVENGERS (2005) #1-12 and YOUNG AVENGERS SPECIAL.
    352 PGS./Rated T+ ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90519-4

Fantastic Member

And the X-TPBs:

X-23: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB
    Written by MARJORIE LIU & DANIEL WAY
    Penciled by WILL CONRAD, DAVID LOPEZ, SANA TAKEDA, RYAN STEGMAN, PHIL NOTO, MARCO CHECCHETTO & MORE
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    X-23 has left the X-Men to find the answers she seeks out in the world. But she'll soon find herself side by side with another of the team's mysterious orphans: Remy LeBeau, a.k.a. Gambit! Can they help each other survive Mister Sinister? Then, it's the ultimate legacy crossover as Laura locks claws with Daken! Will Wolverine's son and his teenage clone make for bitter enemies or an unstoppable team? As X-23's memories begin to spin her out of control, Logan must step back into her life -- along with another of his protégées, the vampire Jubilee! And when SCHISM rocks mutantkind, Laura will find herself back in the X-Men's orbit -- but which of two feuding sides will she choose? Collecting X-23 (2010) #4-21, DAKEN: DARK WOLVERINE #8-9, and material from WOLVERINE: THE ROAD TO HELL #1 and ALL-NEW WOLVERINE SAGA.
    472 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90117-2

X-MEN EPIC COLLECTION: LONELY ARE THE HUNTED TPB
    Volume #2 in the X-Men Epic Collections
    Written by ROY THOMAS with GARY FRIEDRICH
    Penciled by WERNER ROTH, DON HECK & GEORGE TUSKA with ROSS ANDRU, JACK SPARLING, DAN ADKINS & JOHN BUSCEMA
    Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA
    Join the original X-Men -- Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman -- in adventures from the days when Marvel's merry mutants were the quirkiest quintet in comics, rather than the worldwide wunderkinds they are today! This Epic Collection presents early classics including the first appearance of Banshee; the brief tenure of the sixth X-Man, Mimic; the complete Factor Three saga; the "Origins of the X-Men" feature exploring Professor X's formation of the team; and the debut of new costumes! Then, the X-Men's lives take their most tragic turn -- as their leader is killed! But before they can grieve, Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants hit the scene for a battle that culminates in a classic X-Men/Avengers crossover! Collecting X-MEN (1963) #24-45 and AVENGERS (1963) #53.
    504 PGS./All Ages ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9583-2

X-MEN: INFERNO CROSSOVERS TPB
    Written by WALTER SIMONSON, STEVE ENGLEHART, DAVID MICHELINIE, GERRY CONWAY & ANN NOCENTI
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA, KEITH POLLARD, TODD MCFARLANE, SAL BUSCEMA, ALEX SAVIUK & JOHN ROMITA JR.
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
    As the X-Men's Inferno rages, the Marvel Universe feels the heat! The Avengers have disbanded -- but when New York's inanimate objects come to horrific life, Jarvis assembles a surprising new lineup! While the Fantastic Four fights fires, Kang the Conqueror seizes his moment to strike! Spider-Man blames Mysterio for Inferno's weirdness, but soon finds himself battling demons, the Lizard...and his own possessed Thanksgiving Day parade balloon! Meanwhile, Hobgoblin faces a returned Green Goblin -- and N'astirh will transform one of them into Demogoblin! And as Hell's Kitchen looks more aptly named than ever, Typhoid Mary is in her element -- and that's bad news for Daredevil! Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #298-300, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #322-324, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #311-313, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #146-148, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #47-48, and DAREDEVIL (1964) #262-263 and #265.
    432 PGS./Rated T ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9551-1

X-MEN: X-CUTIONER'S SONG TPB (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL, PETER DAVID
    & FABIAN NICIEZA
    Penciled by BRANDON PETERSON, JAE LEE,
    ANDY KUBERT & GREG CAPULLO
    Cover by ANDY KUBERT
    The X-Men story so big it took four books to contain it! When Cyclops and Phoenix are kidnapped -- and Cable seemingly assassinates Professor X -- the X-Men, X-Factor and X-Force go to war...with each other! Witness epic battles around the globe and on the moon as Mister Sinister's subtle plan of vengeance on Apocalypse unfolds and major revelations are made about the true identities of Cable and his twisted doppelganger Stryfe! Featuring blood, angst, sacrifice and great big guns as Marvel's mutant families dance to the villains' twisted tune! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #294-297, X-FACTOR (1986) #84-86, X-MEN (1991) #14-16, X-FORCE (1991) #16-18 and STRYFE'S STRIKE FILE.
    368 PGS./Rated T ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90030-4

X-MEN/ALPHA FLIGHT TPB
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT, BEN RAAB
    & JOHN CASSADAY
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, PAUL SMITH
    & JOHN CASSADAY
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    The X-Men and Alpha Flight have always had Wolverine in common, even when they're fighting over him! But when the stakes get too high, the mighty mutants and the defenders of Canada can set aside their differences and join forces to save the world! In an all-time classic, Alpha Flight and the X-Men face the mythical might of Loki -- and it's a transformative experience! And in a blast from the past, Alpha Flight must ride to the rescue when the X-Men fall victim to Hydra! Plus: Alpha Flight's legendary first appearances -- from the X-Men's furious encounter with Weapon Alpha (a.k.a. Guardian), to the public debut of Canada's premier super-team, to a savage showdown with the wicked Wendigo! Collecting X-MEN (1963) #109, #120-121 and #139-140; X-MEN AND ALPHA FLIGHT (1985) #1-2; and X-MEN/ALPHA FLIGHT (1998) #1-2.
    280 PGS./Rated T ...$29.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90025-0

Will have to give the first arc or so of Daredevil go on MU and if I like it I'll grab that Omnibus.

Amazing Member

Really surprised by that Valentino Guardians omni. I had no idea there was that much love for that 90s series. I dug it, but I didn't know anyone else demanded this.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Will have to give the first arc or so of Daredevil go on MU and if I like it I'll grab that Omnibus.
    If you are talking Mark Waid's run it is fantastic, very glad they giving us at least one omnibus from his run.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    Really surprised by that Valentino Guardians omni. I had no idea there was that much love for that 90s series. I dug it, but I didn't know anyone else demanded this.
    After the Marvel Collections department surprised me/us with a New Warriors vol.1 Omni I had hope. I'll take a NW vol.2 by the way! I then placed it in the Universe that I wanted this Omni--the Universe does listen! Now, Universe, about that Dan Ketch Ghost Rider Omnibus....
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    If you are talking Mark Waid's run it is fantastic, very glad they giving us at least one omnibus from his run.
    Yeah the Waid one, I do really like Waid's writing and the first couple of issues of Black Widow are fantastic but I have found my tastes changing of late so I want to give it a go first.

Spectacular Member

Im sorry, but adamantium sized rob liefeld art? Were gonna have a 2 foot tall 30 lb book that costs 200 bucks and they wont even include feet on any of those pages. Who thought that was a good idea?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    The biggest gripe I had with Waid's run was the Galactus story. It was ridiculous and went against ALL Marvel continuity up to that point.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor