Page 1354 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3548541254130413441350135113521353135413551356135713581364 ... LastLast
Results 20,296 to 20,310 of 20773
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is this really coming out this August? I thought I read somewhere it is not out until January of 2024.
    The more expensive books are solicited further out - PRH has the release date for most of these omnis as December or January
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Are we as a message board in agreement that the inevitable Daredevil by Chip Zdarsky omnibus(es) will contain the core Devil’s Reign #1-6 mini? I’m assuming yes, and will thus pass on the Devil’s Reign omnibus. But if you think that’s a risky assumption to make… please speak up…
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I’m making the same gamble, based on past examples like Cates’ Venom run and Aaron’s Thor. Between those and the news of Marvel pushing ahead with individual X-title omnis that will duplicate/supersede the “X-event” omnis, it definitely seems like Marvel in recent years is treating event omnis and ongoing title omnis as two entirely different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Yes. We are waiting.

No, that is not a risky assumption to make.

I am also waiting on the Gillen Eternals omnibus to be announced instead of getting the Judgement Day omnibus.
    Yep! That's my plan. I did this with Cates' Venom and I'm happier for it. I get everything Daredevil but I'm giving the Devil's Reign Omnibus a miss.. I wasn't too big a fan of the event anyway. The only "crossover" I'll miss is the Winter Soldier one-shot which was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yep! That's my plan. I did this with Cates' Venom and I'm happier for it. I get everything Daredevil but I'm giving the Devil's Reign Omnibus a miss.. I wasn't too big a fan of the event anyway. The only "crossover" I'll miss is the Winter Soldier one-shot which was pretty good.
    Ok, thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for it too. Haven't read the event, so didn't know anything about it. But was tempted because of Daredevil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The more expensive books are solicited further out - PRH has the release date for most of these omnis as December or January
    Ah, makes sense. Thank you!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Mighty Member

^I think that second reveal probably answers a previous questions about if an event will be included in a character omnibus - no way there's enough material *not* to include [redacted] in volume 2.

^I think that second reveal probably answers a previous questions about if an event will be included in a character omnibus - no way there's enough material *not* to include [redacted] in volume 2.
    Agreed. It seems like it should be safe to just go with buying volume 1 and the eventual volume 2.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

on reddit they're saying that Trials of X is ending at volume 12, if true then it will end mid arc for Sabertooth.

anyone here got any verification?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    on reddit they're saying that Trials of X is ending at volume 12, if true then it will end mid arc for Sabertooth.

anyone here got any verification?
    Trials of X v12 is the last one with a listing on Amazon. Maybe we'll see what's happening with the September solicitations?

In principle, it should just continue into Destiny of X v1 at some point - I'm not seeing that line on Amazon or PRH yet, though, so it's kind of mysterious. I'd be . . . upset if they cut off that line of trades midstream

ETA: there's no Destiny of X listings in the Edelweiss catalog that covers thru January-ish. That's . . . not promising
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 06-04-2023 at 02:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

PREDATOR: THE ORIGNAL YEARS

Collecting: Predator: Hell & Hot Water (1997) #1-3, Predator: Primal (1997) #1-2, Predator: Nemesis (1997) #1-2, Predator: Hell Come A-Walkin' (1998) #1-2, Predator: Captive (1998) #1, Predator: Homeworld (1999) #1-4, Predator: Xenogenesis (1999) #1-4, Predator (2009) #1-4, Predators (2010) #1-4, Predators: Beating the Bullet (2010) #1, Predators: Preserve the Game (2010) #1, Predator: Hunters (2017) #1-5, Predator: Hunters II (2018) #1-4, Predator: Hunters III (2020) #1-4; material from Dark Horse Presents (1986) #124, 137; Free Comic Book Day 2009: Predator

Trials of X v12 is the last one with a listing on Amazon. Maybe we'll see what's happening with the September solicitations?

In principle, it should just continue into Destiny of X v1 at some point - I'm not seeing that line on Amazon or PRH yet, though, so it's kind of mysterious. I'd be . . . upset if they cut off that line of trades midstream

ETA: there's no Destiny of X listings in the Edelweiss catalog that covers thru January-ish. That's . . . not promising
    does not look good at all, damn I am gonna be so mad if it ends like this

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    does not look good at all, damn I am gonna be so mad if it ends like this
    They really need to fix up the contents of Trials of X 12 if they're going to pull the line - I can survive moving over to "by title" trades as long as we're not doing massive double dipping

ETA: I'm trying to map everything out, but it appears that if you stop getting the Trials books at v10 (just released), then there should be no double dipping by moving on to the normal release books - I'm putting together an Amazon wish list for transitioning over if anyone wants access to it. I can also just give quick details here whenever I finish it up
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 06-04-2023 at 07:24 PM.

They really need to fix up the contents of Trials of X 12 if they're going to pull the line - I can survive moving over to "by title" trades as long as we're not doing massive double dipping

ETA: I'm trying to map everything out, but it appears that if you stop getting the Trials books at v10 (just released), then there should be no double dipping by moving on to the normal release books - I'm putting together an Amazon wish list for transitioning over if anyone wants access to it. I can also just give quick details here whenever I finish it up

yes please, I would really appreciate that

Astonishing Member

DAREDEVIL VOLUME 3

Collecting: Daredevil (1964) #75-119, Avengers (1963) #111, Amazing Adventures (1970) #1-8

and

DAREDEVIL BY CHIP ZDARSKY VOLUME 1

Collecting: Daredevil (2019) #1-30, Daredevil Annual (2020) #1
    Last edited by Rincewind; 06-05-2023 at 08:04 AM.