Page 1106 of 1121 FirstFirst ... 1066061006105610961102110311041105110611071108110911101116 ... LastLast
Results 16,576 to 16,590 of 16806
  1. #16576
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Since I have the Miller/Klaus DD Omni I guess there is no reason to get the MMW from this point. Only issue #162 is in this that isn't in the Omni. The next few MMW will cover the bulk of Miller fare.
    Not that this decides whether you should buy it, but the Masterworks will look different from the omnibus version - those versions were recolored in a slightly more modern way, while the Masterworks will look more like the other Masterworks color reconstructions.

    Compare the version of issue #158 in the last Masterworks volume to the way it looks in the Omnibus, and then decide if you think the different coloring approach is worth investing in the new volumes (I'm not sure, myself).

  2. #16577
    Spectacular Member Garuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Couple of questions on Excalibur and Absolute Carnage:

    - Excalibur - I want to collect the entire run and I don't care about hardcover vs. softcover. Having said that, does it make more sense for me to buy the Omnibus and then wait for the 2nd Omnibus (will it get published for sure?) or should I just buy the Epic Collections? I have also seen that the content is slight different between those two
    The benefit of the omnibus is having the art in an oversized format plus all of the extras - I'd watch Omar's video if you're on the fence.

    Nothing is ever guaranteed when it comes to finishing series but Marvel has been quite good in recent years so I wouldn't worry too much. The biggest uncertainty would be with the final part of the run by Ben Raab as that's probably the hardest sell unless you're a completist.

    Regarding the contents, the first Epic also includes some key Marvel UK Captain Britain stories which introduced Brian and Meggan. These were included in earlier Captain Britain collections (such as the Captain Britain Omnibus) so they're not included in the Excalibur Omnibus.

    The Excalibur Omnibus does include Excalibur's guest appearances from Thor & Quasar but they're not essential to have.

  3. #16578
    Spectacular Member hyped78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    The benefit of the omnibus is having the art in an oversized format plus all of the extras - I'd watch Omar's video if you're on the fence.

    Nothing is ever guaranteed when it comes to finishing series but Marvel has been quite good in recent years so I wouldn't worry too much. The biggest uncertainty would be with the final part of the run by Ben Raab as that's probably the hardest sell unless you're a completist.

    Regarding the contents, the first Epic also includes some key Marvel UK Captain Britain stories which introduced Brian and Meggan. These were included in earlier Captain Britain collections (such as the Captain Britain Omnibus) so they're not included in the Excalibur Omnibus.

    The Excalibur Omnibus does include Excalibur's guest appearances from Thor & Quasar but they're not essential to have.
    Thanks. I’ve just watched Omar’s video and while the oversized format is definitely a plus, I like the fact that the Epics have already gone further in collecting the series (even if a 2nd omnibus is collected, when will that happen? Who knows) plus that point that you just made about the Marvel UK Captain Britain stories has clinched it for me.

    Thanks for the help!

  4. #16579
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Guys, I need your wisdom.

    As you've no doubt heard me whine earlier in this thread about how I blinked and missed out on the War or the Realms Omnibus (that I had been patiently waiting for).

    What little of it there is online (pretty much only ebay) goes for over $180 (after shipping). Amazon-UK has it for $160 (after shipping), which is pricey, but the cheapest I can find it right now.

    Should I bite, or wait?

  5. #16580
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Guys, I need your wisdom.

    As you've no doubt heard me whine earlier in this thread about how I blinked and missed out on the War or the Realms Omnibus (that I had been patiently waiting for).

    What little of it there is online (pretty much only ebay) goes for over $180 (after shipping). Amazon-UK has it for $160 (after shipping), which is pricey, but the cheapest I can find it right now.

    Should I bite, or wait?
    How much is it worth for you to have it right now? There is no guarantee it will come back in stock, but looking at how ASM by JMS and PAD Hulk have gotten restocked after pretty quick sellouts I wouldn’t be surprised if WotR came back. Pretty sure the ASM Omni even got a second print run as I have seen posts that there is a rounded spine version of the Quesada variant out there now instead of the flat spine the first batch had. I think Marvel is paying much more attention to how these books are selling now.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

  6. #16581
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Its in stock at Amazon.Ca, cheaper than the UK one. No idea how much postage is though!

  7. #16582
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Its in stock at Amazon.Ca, cheaper than the UK one. No idea how much postage is though!
    Won't ship to the US (or at least not to California).

  8. #16583
    Concerned Citizen Citizen Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Amongst the people
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Guys, I need your wisdom.

    As you've no doubt heard me whine earlier in this thread about how I blinked and missed out on the War or the Realms Omnibus (that I had been patiently waiting for).

    What little of it there is online (pretty much only ebay) goes for over $180 (after shipping). Amazon-UK has it for $160 (after shipping), which is pricey, but the cheapest I can find it right now.

    Should I bite, or wait?
    Last I checked (yesterday), War of the Realms Omni is still up on Indigo for around $120 USD (before shipping).

  9. #16584
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Won't ship to the US (or at least not to California).
    Its still in stock at Forbidden Planet, 72, might be worth contacting for a postage quote.

  10. #16585
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The first volume of the NR era is OOP and pretty expensive after market (say, $65 give or take) and covers the SotE sequel and Mara Jade comic, among other things. It's kind of a hodge podge, rather than a thematic collection (like the next 4 NR era volumes). I think there will be three more NR era volumes after Dark Empire - one for Crimson Empire, one for Leviathan/Union/Boba Fett, and one for Chewbacca/Invasion (or that will be a singular volume of the NJO era).

    SotE isn't collected yet because they appear to be going v1, v2, ... through each era individually. SotE is certainly "Rebellion" era, probably v5 or v6 but maybe even v7 (I'm having trouble parsing what all has or has not been collected in this era, but it seems like Shadows of the Empire will be in the last Rebellion volume, however the numbering works, unless they put all the Dark Forces books together in this era).
    Somewhat related to his; I remember as a kid I really disliked the art in Dark Empire, but today I read a Boba Fett mini-series that was done by the same artist, and honestly now I feel that the art fits perfectly together with that storyline. I've been trying to find a physical copy of this series but it seems to be out of print. The story itself is also pretty good to be honest.

  11. #16586
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Its still in stock at Forbidden Planet, 72, might be worth contacting for a postage quote.
    Also not delivering to US.


    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Last I checked (yesterday), War of the Realms Omni is still up on Indigo for around $120 USD (before shipping).
    Then it's $30 for shipping, still kinda pricey... ?
    Last edited by slop101; 11-28-2020 at 11:36 PM.

  12. #16587
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    New Marvel omnibus coming in summer 2021

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtyvvVaxYVE

    I think a lot of people have been waiting for this one.

  13. #16588
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    X-Factor by Peter David vol.1 is a nice announcement.
    Will be nice to see them collect the first part of this volume though as well. That would be at least what, two volumes with crossovers etc?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  14. #16589
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    New Marvel omnibus coming in summer 2021

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtyvvVaxYVE

    I think a lot of people have been waiting for this one.
    Never read this run, except the therapy issue. May get it.

    TBH I'd much rather have the later X-Factor run that started with the Madrox mini. Or at least get complete collections of the full run. That was an amazing series!

  15. #16590
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Yeah, David's second run on X-Factor, starting with Madrox and ending with #262 was a MUCH better book/run - would love an Omni of that - it would have to take 2 volumes, or one HUGE volume, to collect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •