Page 478 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578978 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 20754
    Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

This might be an unpopular opinion. As long as there's no image bleed through, the paper is not distractingly wavy, and there's no real risk of tearing the page just by me turning it, I prefer thinner paper. The latest several Marvel omnis I purchased (Ms. Marvel, MoKF 2, WoK) are fine IMO.

If I only intended to own a dozen or two volumes, I would prefer thicker paper just for the tactile pleasure and sense of high quality. But if thinner paper means that the hundreds of volumes on my shelf take up 30% less space, it's a quality downgrade I'm willing to accept. For me, the main downside of this hobby we share (besides price) is how much space it takes up. I'm already at the point of needing to cull volumes from my shelves because of space concerns.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    This might be an unpopular opinion. As long as there's no image bleed through, the paper is not distractingly wavy, and there's no real risk of tearing the page just by me turning it, I prefer thinner paper. The latest several Marvel omnis I purchased (Ms. Marvel, MoKF 2, WoK) are fine IMO.

If I only intended to own a dozen or two volumes, I would prefer thicker paper just for the tactile pleasure and sense of high quality. But if thinner paper means that the hundreds of volumes on my shelf take up 30% less space, it's a quality downgrade I'm willing to accept. For me, the main downside of this hobby we share (besides price) is how much space it takes up. I'm already at the point of needing to cull volumes from my shelves because of space concerns.
    This and the fact that, if they are taken care of, the books will still outlast the collector.

I'm with you (but don't let the good Dr. hear you :P)
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Thanks for the replys, ill probably go with asm vol 2 omni. Does anyone here not like this era of Spiderman? I have vol 1 but have to read it. If I remember right most think the stories still hold up today. The oldest comic I've read so far is ucanny x men vol 1 omni which took some adjusting to but I definitely enjoyed it. Do you guys think vol 1 and or 2 are as good as or better than uxm vol 1? I'd just hate to end up with 2 omnis that I can't read. Although I love Spiderman and will probably like them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Agreed. I feel strongly it's going to be Shadowland. (Especially because Daredevil and Shadowland definitely alternate in an almost direct-crossover fashion, which was what lead Jeph to mention what he was working on in the first place).

Outside shot at Planet Hulk era.
    I agree, Shadowland seems most likely given all the Daredevil material coming out, but some sort of Planet Hulk / WWH Omnibus would be great, swiftly followed by a WWH Companion Omnibus

Love to see:
    PLANET HULK / WWH OMNIBUS: - Fantastic Four #533-535, Amazing Fantasy #15, New Avengers: Illuminati, Incredible Hulk #88-111, Planet Hulk: Gladiator Guidebook, Giant-Sized Hulk #1, She-Hulk #15-18, World War Hulk: Worldbreaker, World War Hulk #1-5, Marvel Spotlight: WWH, WWH: Gamma Files, WWH: Aftersmash, What If...Planet Hulk?
    WWH Companion Omnibus - WWH: Daily Bugle Special, WWH: X-Men #1-3, WWH: Frontline #1-6, WWH: Gamma Corps #1-4, Heroes for Hire #10-15, Ghost Rider #12-13, Iron Man: Director of SHIELD #19-20, Irredeemable Antman #10, Avengers: Initiative #4-5, Punisher War Journal #12, WWH: Aftersmash - Warbound #1-5, WWH: Aftersmash - Damage Control #1-3, Son of Hulk #1-17

It's been a long time since I've paid retail for a hardcover, but I'm happy to be adding this to my oversized collection.

formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thanks for the replys, ill probably go with asm vol 2 omni. Does anyone here not like this era of Spiderman? I have vol 1 but have to read it. If I remember right most think the stories still hold up today. The oldest comic I've read so far is ucanny x men vol 1 omni which took some adjusting to but I definitely enjoyed it. Do you guys think vol 1 and or 2 are as good as or better than uxm vol 1? I'd just hate to end up with 2 omnis that I can't read. Although I love Spiderman and will probably like them.
    Silver age silliness. Do they hold up? Well....probably better than some comics from that era. Don't go in expecting to read great stories but rather some fun stories. There's a lot of ridiculousness in Lee's writing but they are not bad books.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Silver age silliness. Do they hold up? Well....probably better than some comics from that era. Don't go in expecting to read great stories but rather some fun stories. There's a lot of ridiculousness in Lee's writing but they are not bad books.
    Stan Lee's Spider-Man is still the best. I'll even admit to being a little disappointed in Stern's after having read all of Lee's--especially the Romita issues!

I've as many space concerns as any avid collector. I've posted pics of my four fullsize bookshelves that are now overflowing into plastic bins in the closet. I'd gladly give up 30% of my collection if it meant getting high quality books like the IDW New Mutants slipcase I picked up the other month. Thick paper and quality casewrap--its just the opposite philosophy of the Marvel Collected Editions department where cutting corners and raising prices is the name of the game. Hell, I'll never be able to reread all the books I own, so I'd be better off with fewer books of higher quality that'll stand multiple readings.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

As long as there's no image bleed through. But that isn't always the case. I'd prefer the paper be a little thicker than it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    As long as there's no image bleed through. But that isn't always the case. I'd prefer the paper be a little thicker than it is currently.
    Talk about having a paper thin tolerance for these things.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I agree, Shadowland seems most likely given all the Daredevil material coming out, but some sort of Planet Hulk / WWH Omnibus would be great, swiftly followed by a WWH Companion Omnibus

Love to see:
    PLANET HULK / WWH OMNIBUS: - Fantastic Four #533-535, Amazing Fantasy #15, New Avengers: Illuminati, Incredible Hulk #88-111, Planet Hulk: Gladiator Guidebook, Giant-Sized Hulk #1, She-Hulk #15-18, World War Hulk: Worldbreaker, World War Hulk #1-5, Marvel Spotlight: WWH, WWH: Gamma Files, WWH: Aftersmash, What If...Planet Hulk?
    WWH Companion Omnibus - WWH: Daily Bugle Special, WWH: X-Men #1-3, WWH: Frontline #1-6, WWH: Gamma Corps #1-4, Heroes for Hire #10-15, Ghost Rider #12-13, Iron Man: Director of SHIELD #19-20, Irredeemable Antman #10, Avengers: Initiative #4-5, Punisher War Journal #12, WWH: Aftersmash - Warbound #1-5, WWH: Aftersmash - Damage Control #1-3, Son of Hulk #1-17
    I wouldn't rule out a Hulk omni next year with the Thor: Ragnarok movie. Isn't he supposed to have a significant role in it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Um, I'd recommend reading at least a few issues from the first omni you have if you're concerned you won't like it. If you don't like it, I doubt you'd like the second one any better. My opinion, pretty much any Spider-Man pre Clone Saga is good comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Stan Lee's Spider-Man is still the best. I'll even admit to being a little disappointed in Stern's after having read all of Lee's--especially the Romita issues!
    Oh man. I think Lee's SM is his best SA writing but have to disagree on Stern. His Amazing SM was great. Now his PPTSSM, well not so amazing. I don't dislike the SA Spider-Man stuff tho.

Alright you guys convinced me I just ordered it. I've been out of the game for a fee months due to finances but I'm happy I decided to check ist and saw it before I had missed out. Thanks for the help!