Page 869 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3697698198598658668678688698708718728738799199691369 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,035 of 20754
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just received my copy of Byrne’s FF V1 Omnibus.

This was a whale for me when I started collecting Omnis over a year ago, and am so happy Marvel reprinted it. Byrne’s FF is probably my favorite series from the 1980s.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post

This was a whale for me when I started collecting Omnis over a year ago, and am so happy Marvel reprinted it. Byrne’s FF is probably my favorite series from the 1980s.
    One of my favorite all time runs
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I absolutely loved everything Byrne in the 1980's, with FF probably being my favorite Byrne creation.

How are the quality of those omnibuses? Are they worth it over just waiting to get FF chronologically in the Epic collection?

I received my Byrne Fantastic Four Omnibus (along with Fantastic Four Omnibus vol.1 ) Friday.
    I plan on starting with Fantastic Four issue 232, I already read everything contained in the omnibus
    years ago, so my jumping and than cycling back after I finish the Byrne writer/artist
    is not going to spoil anything.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I absolutely loved everything Byrne in the 1980's, with FF probably being my favorite Byrne creation.

How are the quality of those omnibuses? Are they worth it over just waiting to get FF chronologically in the Epic collection?
    Well, they’re big books. Sometimes unwieldy, but I like the oversized format myself. Some like the Epics because they’re easier to handle. It’s really up to your preference, but I recommend the Omni of this.

Well, they’re big books. Sometimes unwieldy, but I like the oversized format myself. Some like the Epics because they’re easier to handle. It’s really up to your preference, but I recommend the Omni of this.
    That makes sense, thanks.

I like the oversized format that omnis give, but the build quality issues, lack of ability to read comfortably, and my unwillingness to overpay for oop stuff have me buying way more of the thick epic sized books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I like the oversized format that omnis give, but the build quality issues, lack of ability to read comfortably, and my unwillingness to overpay for oop stuff have me buying way more of the thick epic sized books.
    I love an Omnibus and haven’t had many build quality issues. I have gotten away from having to always have the omnibus. I have bought Trade Paperbacks over the available omnibus multiple times(Doom Patrol, 52 etc). I will also avoid the jumbo volumes using the cheap black boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have had no issues from amazon using one example to make a blanket statement never a smart move. Sure it can happen, but odds are it will arrive fine.
    Actually no, odds are it will arrive damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Actually no, odds are it will arrive damaged.
    Mine arrive okay more often than not, but they arrive “not” often enough to make me reluctant to purchase from there.

It must be where you live. I ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon and only a few times had a problem. The discounts (or rather lack of good discounts) pushed me back to IST after IST sent me a Punisher B&W trade with a cut through the back cover (probably a box cutter at the warehouse) drove me back to Amazon.

No company is perfect, It's a shame Amazon is no longer competitive price wise. I don't even get Prime any more after the last price increase, just use the normal free shipping when I shop there for things not comics.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have had no issues from amazon using one example to make a blanket statement never a smart move. Sure it can happen, but odds are it will arrive fine.

I'm not being sarcastic when I say 95% of tpbs, HCs, etc... I order from Amazon come damaged in some way. I've been a Prime member since 08 and I love Amazon, BUT, for me they're packaging is god-awful.

They either send the book in a box 3 times the appropriate size with little to no packing material or they'll send it in one of those very thin bubble wrap envelopes. I always get damaged spines or dog eared corners etc, etc..

I'll only order from eBay or IST now

In approx. 20 orders ive made from IST - not one single damaged product / plenty of packaging protection.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It must be where you live. I ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon and only a few times had a problem. The discounts (or rather lack of good discounts) pushed me back to IST after IST sent me a Punisher B&W trade with a cut through the back cover (probably a box cutter at the warehouse) drove me back to Amazon.

No company is perfect, It's a shame Amazon is no longer competitive price wise. I don't even get Prime any more after the last price increase, just use the normal free shipping when I shop there for things not comics.
    Am I right in understanding that you went back to amazon after you received "one" damaged item from IST, even though you had a received a "few" damaged items from Amazon? Were IST customer services not up to scratch after contacting them regarding the damaged item? IST have always been fantastic with me whenever I've received a damaged product from them.

I agree that Amazon have totally lost the competitive edge regarding pricing, although the occasional good price does occur.

Incredible Member

While I have not read every issue of Marvel’s Conan, I was already a fan before DH got the rights. And DH did the stories justice. The nostalgic child in me loves the early Marvel run, but I have to be honest and say I’d recommend the DH run.
    So you'd say the Marvel stories are more time-capsule curiosities rather than anything really worth it?

I have ordered hundreds and hundreds of books from Amazon over the years and only a handful of times have I recieved damaged goods.

But as for their prices going up, where do people in the UK get the best prices now? I sometimes use Forbidden Planet but they don't always have everything. Only used speedyhen a few times.