Page 898 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 398798848888894895896897898899900901902908948998 ... LastLast
Results 13,456 to 13,470 of 20730
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    So I watched a video earlier of someone that had picked up the Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale Yellow Blue Gray White collection, and I was thinking it was gonna be an omnibus since that was what it was listed as, but apparently it's an OHC. Not sure if it has a glued binding but it seems similar to the Infinity OHC. I'm confused as to how both this and Waid Fantastic Four omnis were both the same price when they are both Marvel but the Fantastic Four has like 200-300 more pages and a way better binding. Already bought one off IST earlier in the week, but damn I wish it was an omni
    Do you have a physical copy to know the binding is "way better?" The color "omni" was solicited 6 months in advance which typically means printed in China and sewn binding. Event OHC's such as Infinity are pushed out quick to ride the hype from the floppies and are typically printed in U.S. with glued binding. Can you link the video? My copy is in the mail and to late to back out of if it is poor quality, but past history somewhat leads me to believe this book will be just fine all be it sans omni branding which is just semantics IMHO.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Do you have a physical copy to know the binding is "way better?" The color "omni" was solicited 6 months in advance which typically means printed in China and sewn binding. Event OHC's such as Infinity are pushed out quick to ride the hype from the floppies and are typically printed in U.S. with glued binding. Can you link the video? My copy is in the mail and to late to back out of if it is poor quality, but past history somewhat leads me to believe this book will be just fine all be it sans omni branding which is just semantics IMHO.
    I don't and am still waiting on mine so maybe I'm just overreacting, but the place I saw the video was here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZqXrUeRxA&t=89s.

Just kinda worried as I just ordered it the other day and I know this probably has alot of two page spreads and was worried about any gutter loss. Also video shows that it seems to be regular branding as opposed to omnibus branding.

EDIT: They posted another video showing off the hardcover more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1-zBMZWtcM
    Last edited by HuggyBear; 12-08-2018 at 02:34 PM.

BANNED

Just ordered Allred & Slott Silver Surfer Omnibus.

So does anyone think they'll re-release the Fall of the Mutants omni or should I just throw down the money for a used copy? Seems unlikely they'd redo it like Mutant Massacre, since that one added issues, but I'd hate to pay big money if one comes out next year.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Waid and Wieringo's run is very enjoyable as a "back-to-basics" run that never feels like it's trying to rip off Lee and Kirby or Byrne. Its take on Doom is divisive and it has some of Waid's trademark attempts to over-explain things (like his retcon of the Yancy Street Gang), but it has one of the most sympathetic and likable portrayals of Reed. I believe Tom Brevoort, who has edited most Fantastic Four runs since 2002, has said this is his favorite of all his FF runs so far.

The contents of the omnibus are the same as the three oversized hardcovers that came out in the '00s, except for the new introduction by former FF editor Ralph Macchio.

Which brings up what I originally came here to post about: In some ways I like that Marvel has gotten Macchio to do introductions and afterwords for so many of its recent collections, since it's a nice bonus and few people know more about the history of Marvel from the 1970s onwards... but I find his introductions disappointing because they say almost nothing about the comics, even the ones he edited himself, except that they're great and wonderful and every run is terrific and pulse-pounding. I don't expect him to say bad things about creators or runs, but some of the Masterworks introductions find ways to give us more insight without bad-mouthing any of the stories.

Macchio has had an interesting career because in his long Marvel career he edited some of the most successful Marvel runs (Miller's second Daredevil run, Simonson's Thor, Ultimate Spider-Man) but also edited some of the very worst (parts of Chichester's Daredevil, Avengers: The Crossing, much of late '90s Spider-Man). I'd like to know a little more about what he knows.
    Thanks a lot! Picking it up for sure now. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    So does anyone think they'll re-release the Fall of the Mutants omni or should I just throw down the money for a used copy? Seems unlikely they'd redo it like Mutant Massacre, since that one added issues, but I'd hate to pay big money if one comes out next year.
    I think it's more likely than not that they will re-release it - but who knows when? One year, three years? Maybe in conjunction with the next X-Men movie, which is still in limbo?
    But you can grab an old copy for around $120... not cheap, but not "big money" either, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I think it's more likely than not that they will re-release it - but who knows when? One year, three years? Maybe in conjunction with the next X-Men movie, which is still in limbo?
    But you can grab an old copy for around $120... not cheap, but not "big money" either, not yet.
    Thanks for responding! I know that nobody has a crystal ball but just gauging opinions on reprint chances. My limit is "cover price", so $125 is the most I'd pay for a used one. Beyond that I'd just settle for the TPBs...X-Men is just beautiful in oversized format though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    I don't and am still waiting on mine so maybe I'm just overreacting, but the place I saw the video was here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZqXrUeRxA&t=89s.

Just kinda worried as I just ordered it the other day and I know this probably has alot of two page spreads and was worried about any gutter loss. Also video shows that it seems to be regular branding as opposed to omnibus branding.

EDIT: They posted another video showing off the hardcover more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1-zBMZWtcM
    Just got my copy and there is absolutely no quality concerns in my opinion. This an omnibus in all but branding.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Just got my copy and there is absolutely no quality concerns in my opinion. This an omnibus in all but branding.
    Awesome thank you for confirming this. Excited to get my copy in the mail, says it will be here on the 18th!

Spectacular Member

Anyone get the Punisher Epic and see if the extras are repeats from the Back to the War omnibus or new extras?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - November 2018

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for November 2018 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

2. Thanos: Infinity Conflict OHC - 4,546
    23. Marvels: The Remastered Edition TPB - 1,601
    34. X-Men Mutant Massacre Omnibus - 1,417
    40. Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred Omnibus - 1,341
    45. X-Men Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Sentinels Live - 1,264
    69. Marvel Masterworks Mighty Thor Vol. 17 HC - 986
    75. Marvels Avengers: Infinity War - The Art of the Movie OHC Slipcase - 935
    86. X-Men Classic: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 882
    91. X-Factor Epic Collection Vol. 7: All-New, All-Different X-Factor - 852
    100. Black Panther Vol. 2: Avengers of the New World OHC - 792
    123. Marvel Knights by Joe Quesada Omnibus - 677
    143. Doctor Strange Vol. 2 OHC - 599
    172. X-Men: Marauders TPB - 514

Also of note other Omnibuses:

129. Wonder Woman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 3 (DC) - 659
    357. Colossal King Conan OHC (Dark Horse) - 261

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for November 2018 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

2. Thanos: Infinity Conflict OHC - 4,546
    23. Marvels: The Remastered Edition TPB - 1,601
    34. X-Men Mutant Massacre Omnibus - 1,417
    40. Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred Omnibus - 1,341
    45. X-Men Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Sentinels Live - 1,264
    69. Marvel Masterworks Mighty Thor Vol. 17 HC - 986
    75. Marvels Avengers: Infinity War - The Art of the Movie OHC Slipcase - 935
    86. X-Men Classic: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 882
    91. X-Factor Epic Collection Vol. 7: All-New, All-Different X-Factor - 852
    100. Black Panther Vol. 2: Avengers of the New World OHC - 792
    123. Marvel Knights by Joe Quesada Omnibus - 677
    143. Doctor Strange Vol. 2 OHC - 599
    172. X-Men: Marauders TPB - 514

Also of note other Omnibuses:

129. Wonder Woman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 3 (DC) - 659
    357. Colossal King Conan OHC (Dark Horse) - 261
    The Colossal King Conan looks to be sold out. How many did they print? 400 copies?!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    The Colossal King Conan looks to be sold out. How many did they print? 400 copies?!
    Exactly what I was thinking!! Pretty strong numbers for Starlin's swan song Thanos trilogy.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Seriously annoyed that I've let ASM Vol 3 slip through my fingers, especially now that Vol 4 is coming up. But Canadian prices have gotten so insane that I just couldn't afford it and then once I could it was gone.
    Miller was right.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Seriously annoyed that I've let ASM Vol 3 slip through my fingers, especially now that Vol 4 is coming up. But Canadian prices have gotten so insane that I just couldn't afford it and then once I could it was gone.
    At some point I'm sure it will get a reprint. ASM Vol. 2 Omni got a reprint and went OOP. The ASM and UXM Omnibuses are very popular and I reckon Marvel will keep reprinting them.