Page 983 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 48388393397397998098198298398498598698799310331083 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,745 of 20730

I would rather pay extra for a book that lays flat on any page than
    One in which I have to hold it down for 90% of the reading m
    DC gets away with it on books featuring star characters
    But I feel lose buyers on many other books because of there
    Continuing spine and books. Not laying flat issues.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

DC has gotten better with their binding issues...and they have always used better paper than Marvel.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    They've definitely gotten better and I really appreciate the paper quality. But have they ever gone on record about their omni's binding? They must know it needs to be worked and loosened up more than other publisher's. There must be a reason.
    The first 100 pages may need some help, but I’m actually pretty happy with the last three years of DC Omnis. What drives me crazy is the lack of build quality among Marvel’s Epic line. You can have two different books released the same week, and one will have far sturdier paper than the other. I like consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus is 848 pages at $150
    Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnibus is 752 pages at $100

But yeah, I get what you're saying.

I reckon in most cases, the higher the price, the more restoration was carried out but still...

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I would rather pay extra for a book that lays flat on any page than
    One in which I have to hold it down for 90% of the reading m
    DC gets away with it on books featuring star characters
    But I feel lose buyers on many other books because of there
    Continuing spine and books. Not laying flat issues.

You are right i messed up the Swamp Thing is a Softcover but you get what i was saying. Also sadly a higher price does in no way guarantee more restoration was done or better binding. Sometimes the price simply goes up for reasons that don't benefit the consumer at all. I used to buy all Marvel Epic Collections that came out but in the last few months Marvel has used a new printing company who really messes up the quality. Like the spine isn't correctly printed, the cover paper is so thin that it forms waves even if it is just laying down, the paper inside is thin and low quality too but they still charge $40 for these lower quality ones.

The general trend in the last few years has been that the quality has been going up over at DC and it's going down at Marvel. I used to have the $150 mousetrap Infinite Crisis Omnibus while now i have a bunch of $100 DC Omnibus that have better binding. In that case Infinite Crisis had a higher price and yet worse binding and no restoration had to be done because those were still new issues.

DC is getting better and better with their collected editions meanwhile Marvel used to be the number one but now between the Marvel Epic Collection quality drop, the Miles Morales Omnibus where the binding fell apart the moment i opened the book the very first time and these new prices i am just not on board with blindly trusting their qulaity anymore. Going from 1000 pages for $100 to 550 pages for $100 in matter of a few months is where i draw the line. With the newest announcements we see that this isn't the exception but rather the rule.

On the plus side, the Wolverine reprint Omni is the same price as the first printing...

But I’m not interested in that...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I wish we could gauge if the SS Omni and Wolverine Omni reprints are foretelling of a Wolverine vol.2 and a SS vol.3 Omni vol.1
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wish we could gauge if the SS Omni and Wolverine Omni reprints are foretelling of a Wolverine vol.2 and a SS vol.3 Omni vol.1
    I'm not sure which I would want the most: (1) Wolverine vol.2, (2) an X-23 omnibus, or (3) a reprint of Aaron's vol.1 Wolverine.

I just recently bought the Wolverine Goes to Hell omni in the last CGN marvel sale, so I'm a bit torn haha

Anyone taking advantage of the Target B2G1 sale this week? They jacked up the price on newer Epic Coll. titles but I've used this sale before to stock up on older Epics. The titles in the $22-$25 range come out pretty decent - with free shipping and tax it's around $50-$55 for 3 books. Might try to make an order this week.

And to pile on the current discussion in here; I've also been buying more DC omnis, mainly cause there's lots of stuff available and much of the Marvel stuff I want is OOP. I'm not spending $300 on a used omnibus no matter how much I want to read it. Marvel is leaving money on the table imo, though it seems they're starting to step up on reprinting some of these. Hopefully they continue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBlueThunder View Post
    I'm not sure which I would want the most: (1) Wolverine vol.2, (2) an X-23 omnibus, or (3) a reprint of Aaron's vol.1 Wolverine.

I just recently bought the Wolverine Goes to Hell omni in the last CGN marvel sale, so I'm a bit torn haha
    I would looove for a X-23 Omnibus!

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I would looove for a X-23 Omnibus!
    Absolutely. The volumes 1 & 2 X-23 Complete Collections both are excellent. I just wonder how an omnibus would be organized. Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost, and the Marjorie Liu and Daniel Way writing teams just have so much good material.

And then there are the Uncanny X-men issues with Claremont introducing X-23 to the X-men...while I'm not too sure how that'd fit seeing as most Marvel omnis are collected by writers and their runs--but from a business standpoint adding Claremont to anything will make people buy.

I'm fairly new to the omni collecting, but is it too much to want 2 or 3 volumes?

On the flipside, I'm not so sure huge collected editions are necessarily the only way to enjoy comics. What I mean is although I love continuity, sometimes I just love a standalone story (like many of my favorite DC & Batman graphic novels). I haven't yet read NYX from Liu but have heard great things, and also read that it's not necessarily directly tied to the X-23 reading.

All-New Member

So glad to see all these reprints coming out. I'm in for the Silver Surfer omnibus, Wolverine, Bendis DD, and maybe even Annihilation.

One of the previous posters mentioned their frustration with reprints, but honestly recent signs are good. I too collect Epics and Omnibus and personally I don't mind mixing a few volumes of Epics followed by an Omnibus. I've only got the most recent vol. 4 of the ASM and Avengers omnibus and the rest is all in Epics.

I'm quite optimistic we'll see many more reprints relatively soon. I'd say reprints for the first 3 or 4 volumes of ASM, UXM, and FF are almost a sure thing. Those will always sell. So if you missed out on any of those, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:06 PM.

From Hachette:

Morbius the Living Vampire Omnibus

By: Steve Gerber, Don McGregor, Doug Moench, Roy Thomas, Gil Kane, Frank Robbins, Rich Buckler, Ross Andru

Illustrated By: Ross Andru, Rich Buckler, Gil Kane, Frank Robbins
    ISBN: 9781302922405
    Publisher: Marvel
    Imprint: Marvel
    On Sale: May 12, 2020
    Format: HARDCOVER BOOK
    Edition: N/A
    Price: $100.00 ($127.00 in Canada)
    Category: COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELS
    Territories:
    Size: 7-1/4" x 10-7/8"
    Pages: 864

Unit Weight: 0
    Carton Weight: 0
    Carton Qty:
    Country of Origin: USA
    Substitute ISBN:
    EAN: 9781302922405

Description:
    Cursed by an experiment gone wrong, Dr. Michael Morbius is possessed by an unquenchable thirst for blood - yet his heart beats like any other man. He is a living vampire! And in this amazing Omnibus, the complete original Morbius saga is collected - from his first appearance through both his first color comic and black-and-white series, and into the rare stories that concluded his tragic tale. The sometimes mad, sometimes misunderstood Morbius contends not just with Marvel's heroes - but with bizarre cultists and satanic demons! Journey to the darker side of Marvel, a world of horror and the supernatural that overtook the industry in the 1970s and defined comics for a generation!

Collecting: Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 101-102; Marvel Team-Up (1972) 3-4; Fear (1970) 20-31; Giant-Size Werewolf (1974) 4; Giant-Size Super-Heroes (1974) 1; Marvel Premiere (1972) 28; Marvel Two-In-One (1974) 15; Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) 6-8, 38; Savage She-Hulk (1980) 9-12; Vampire Tales (1973) 1-5, 7-8, 10-11; Marvel Preview (1975) 8