Page 542 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 424424925325385395405415425435445455465525926421042 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 20773
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Years ago I used DCBS fairly regularly. You just need to pre-order before the cut off date, or wait until the books arrive in-stock. Also you pay a flat rate of $7 as I recall for shipping. Then I found IST and started using them because most big ticket new releases are also 50% off (the same as pre-ordering from DCBS) but you get free S&H over $50. IST's additional 2% loyalty discount is nice as well. They're my go-to online source for comic books.

I've used CGN and never really had any problems, shipping damage, or anything like that. The main reason I use IST instead of CGN is the free S&H.

On another topic, the newest batch of clearance Omnis are popping up for sale now. Dheader's eBay store has many of them for dirt cheap. I picked up 4 from them yesterday for $160 total (inc S&H): SW vol 1 & 3 (already had vol 2 from when it was clearanced on amazon a few months back), Iron Man by Busiek, and Cap: Return of Winter Soldier. Sure am glad I waited on the Cap: ROWS Omnibus. I almost bought it on release week but decided to hold off. I ended up only paying $27 for it! That's a darn good deal on some $100 and $125 cover price HCs
    Damn it. Another hundred i didnt plan on spending lol. Picked up the 2 cap omnis and finally bit on The Stand as well. Came out to $34 apiece shipped.

On another topic, the newest batch of clearance Omnis are popping up for sale now. Dheader's eBay store has many of them for dirt cheap. I picked up 4 from them yesterday for $160 total (inc S&H): SW vol 1 & 3 (already had vol 2 from when it was clearanced on amazon a few months back), Iron Man by Busiek, and Cap: Return of Winter Soldier. Sure am glad I waited on the Cap: ROWS Omnibus. I almost bought it on release week but decided to hold off. I ended up only paying $27 for it! That's a darn good deal on some $100 and $125 cover price HCs
    Thanks for the notice! I wasn't going to read Fraction's FF run based on the reviews, however for under $30 and the Allred art, I pulled the trigger.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Guardian of the Galaxy by Jim Valentino omnibus cover.

Attachment 45759
    Oh yes!

Looking forward to this one.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Years ago I used DCBS fairly regularly. You just need to pre-order before the cut off date, or wait until the books arrive in-stock. Also you pay a flat rate of $7 as I recall for shipping. Then I found IST and started using them because most big ticket new releases are also 50% off (the same as pre-ordering from DCBS) but you get free S&H over $50. IST's additional 2% loyalty discount is nice as well. They're my go-to online source for comic books.

I've used CGN and never really had any problems, shipping damage, or anything like that. The main reason I use IST instead of CGN is the free S&H.

Crazy yesterday I bought like 3 from that ebay seller not knowing anybody knew about it. I figured the prices were because of the clearances though

Fantastic Member

So is there anywhere a Canadian can take advantage of some of these Marvel Omni markdowns that doesn't involve paying shipping fees that pretty much offset the savings? I actually need to get that ROTWS Omni...

Incredible Member

Anyone knowledgeable about the Werewolf by Night Omni. I would consider getting it at the clearance price if it is self contained. If it is a Volume 1 that will be orphaned, due to this obvious lack of sales, I already have enough of those from Marvel on my shelf.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Attachment 45759
    This is one of my Top 3 books, to date, for 2017 that I'm looking forward to from Marvel.
    Would love it if they completed the run but since New Avengers still needs a vol. 2 and New Warriors doesn't have a follow up solicited I'll probably just have to be content with the one volume sadly.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Attachment 45759
    Looks lovely. Too bad it's the exact same material already released in the first 3 TPBs. I can't justify over $100 CAD just for the oversize treatment. Great material though if you like (good) 90's cosmic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Looks lovely. Too bad it's the exact same material already released in the first 3 TPBs. I can't justify over $100 CAD just for the oversize treatment. Great material though if you like (good) 90's cosmic.
    Agreed. I have the three TPBs and they are some good comics. Fun stuff. If I didn't already have those, I'd be all over this omnibus. But for now think I'll pass.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Anyone knowledgeable about the Werewolf by Night Omni. I would consider getting it at the clearance price if it is self contained. If it is a Volume 1 that will be orphaned, due to this obvious lack of sales, I already have enough of those from Marvel on my shelf.
    The WBN Omnibus is excellent - it's a done-in-one, i.e. it reprints the entire original WBN Marvel series. It's one of my favorite Omnis, with art by the great Mike Ploog & others. Here's a link with more info:

https://thefanaticfour.wordpress.com...night-omnibus/

Thoughts on Bendis' All-New X-Men/Uncanny X-Men? Bendis has been very hit and miss for me but I like the general concept of both books.

Also, does anyone have a reading order for the OHCs? If I do grab them, I'd prefer not to hop between HCs but just which volume goes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Thoughts on Bendis' All-New X-Men/Uncanny X-Men? Bendis has been very hit and miss for me but I like the general concept of both books.

Also, does anyone have a reading order for the OHCs? If I do grab them, I'd prefer not to hop between HCs but just which volume goes first.
    Up to Battle of the Atom, they were both pretty fun. Afterwards it spirals down.

For UXM, avoid the Will of Xavier. It. Is. Pointless.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

First, I should point out that I'm a big fan of Bendis. He's much more hit than miss with me, so take that into consideration when I'm giving my opinion. Although I've alway said his solo titles are much better than his team based books, I really liked this run for the most part. Enough to have read it twice now. For me, All New X-Men started off the stronger of the two, but after Battle Of The Atom it kind of lost it's way. One crossover with the Guardians Of The Galaxy was fine. I get it, Bendis writes both book so why not. And X-Men has always had cosmic connections anyway. But then they became a bit too connected with a character romance, and it culminated with the Black Vortex crossover, which is the low point of the run. My biggest issue with All New X-Men was that it seemed set up to tell a story with an ending, but then Bendis decided to leave the book unfinished so the time-displaced original students are still hanging around the Marvel U.

I liked Uncanny more the second time I read it, and I think that one got stronger as it went on. Personally, I loved the storyline that begins with Original Sin. And the two parter in the annuals was also really well done.

All New X-Men goes first. I think they were about 5 issues in before Uncanny started. Unfortunately there will be hopping between the two books. But you can get away with doing one complete story, then juming to the other for the next complete story. It's not as bad as Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers. There's no issue by issue bouncing around.
    Last edited by csista; 02-25-2017 at 04:06 AM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Here's the full reading order, which I then reduced as far as possible for OHC-enjoying purposes

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    ANXM begins prior to UXM, but as soon as UXM kicks in there is a lot of interweaving early in the series. I don't 100% trust this order yet, but it's pretty close:

All-New X-Men (2013) #1-8
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #1-2
    All-New X-Men (2013) #9-11
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #3-9
    All-New X-Men (2013) #11-14
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #10-11
    All-New X-Men (2013) #15, Special, 16
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #12
    All-New X-Men (2013) #17
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #13-14
    All-New X-Men (2013) #18
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #18
    All-New X-Men (2013) #19-21
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #15-17 ~ X-Men: No More Humans OGN
    Annuals (both)
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #18
    All-New X-Men (2013) #22-25 & Special
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #19-25
    All-New X-Men (2013) #26-31
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #24-31 (mostly erased by a time paradox)
    All-New X-Men (2013) #31-36
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #32-33
    All-New X-Men (2013) #37-41
    Uncanny X-Men (2013) #34-35 & 600

Based on that, you probably should read:

ANXM Vol. 1 (#1-10)
    UXM Vol. 1 first half (#1-11)
    ANXM Vol. 2 first half (#11-15)
    BOTA: (ANXM #16-17 & UXM #12-13)
    ANXM Vol. 2 second half (#18-21)
    UXM Vol. 1 second half (#14-18) + X-Men: No More Humans OGN
    ANXM Vol. 3 (#22-30)
    UXM Vol. 2 to #19-31
    ANXM Vol. 3 (#31-41)
    UXM Vol. 2 to #32-35 & 600
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

How is the material in the upcoming GotG Valentino omnibus?