Page 1062 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 6256296210121052105810591060106110621063106410651066107211121162 ... LastLast
Results 15,916 to 15,930 of 20730
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Thank you. I see the Marauders TPB on the IST site and was going to order it to push an order over $50 but wasn’t sure what else was out. I’m not a fan of collected editions with a single issue from multiple titles since it doesn’t feel like I’m getting a full story, so I’ve been staying away from the Dawn of X trades. Or do they all crossover? Feel like I’ve been out of the x-men universe for a while and was hoping to jump back in with Hickman.
    My understanding (I have Dawn of X 1-4 but haven't read them yet - waiting to pick up 5 and 6 this week) is that the titles reference other events, but in a shared-universe way and not in a "you must read everything" way. After 2 tpbs of most titles, everything will crossover for X of Swords
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    My understanding (I have Dawn of X 1-4 but haven't read them yet - waiting to pick up 5 and 6 this week) is that the titles reference other events, but in a shared-universe way and not in a "you must read everything" way. After 2 tpbs of most titles, everything will crossover for X of Swords
    Dm variant of uncanny X-men omnibus was gone in less than 3 minutes at IST. Had it taken right out of my cart at 304 pm est. Managed to snag the regular cover though.

Amazing Member

Uncanny X-Men omni 2020 reprint has been stocked already? I fully expect they'll be getting more of those. I'd be stunned if Marvel let's that go out of print before the release of the next volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    Uncanny X-Men omni 2020 reprint has been stocked already? I fully expect they'll be getting more of those. I'd be stunned if Marvel let's that go out of print before the release of the next volumes.
    std cover is still in stock, just the variant cover. Uncanny vol 1 is like Amazing Spidey vol 1 - when it goes out of stock, give it about a yearish and it'll get reprinted. Those two as as close to 'evergreen' status as Marvel has for any omnibus.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Rimmer, thanks for confirming. I agree it's likely the standard will stay around.

For those who didn't know, apparently the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint was plagued with some serious printing errors that were found over the last week or so, the worst of these are some missing panels that are replaced with panels from another page that didn't belong (there's also two pages that are out of order), and Marvel will be reprinting the book in October in a corrected edition. Really sucks for those of us who bought this one already.

In other more positive news, She-Hulk omni by Byrne is coming back in October, whether the binding is improved or not is unknown.

Amazing Member

This Surfer has the same number OCT191090 (probably it was printed but there are problems with transport and now it arrived in second tranche), I think it will be the same book with the same errors, Is they "repair"any book in past, I don't think so.

Amazing Member

It was in a livestream a few days ago from Nearmintcondition that apparently the upcoming reprint will have the errors removed. I guess it's a discreet fix or they would have to consider an exchange program as people would complain about having a copy with the errors.

It was in a livestream a few days ago from Nearmintcondition that apparently the upcoming reprint will have the errors removed. I guess it's a discreet fix or they would have to consider an exchange program as people would complain about having a copy with the errors.
    Haven't opened mine yet. Hmm...should I return to IST?

Amazing Member

Rimmer, thanks for confirming. I agree it's likely the standard will stay around.

For those who didn't know, apparently the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint was plagued with some serious printing errors that were found over the last week or so, the worst of these are some missing panels that are replaced with panels from another page that didn't belong (there's also two pages that are out of order), and Marvel will be reprinting the book in October in a corrected edition. Really sucks for those of us who bought this one already.

In other more positive news, She-Hulk omni by Byrne is coming back in October, whether the binding is improved or not is unknown.
    What is the problem with the She-Hulk binding? Just because it's flat? The book isn't that big and the binding is great. Really nice eye and no gutter loss, it's a joy to read.

SHEHULK 2.jpg SHEHULK 1.jpg

Spectacular Member

for those that missing Uncanny X-force by Remender Omnibus it is back up at IST right now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    What is the problem with the She-Hulk binding? Just because it's flat? The book isn't that big and the binding is great. Really nice eye and no gutter loss, it's a joy to read.

SHEHULK 2.jpg SHEHULK 1.jpg
    It is better than books form Leo, the spine i more elastic

Amazing Member

Apparently Nearmintcondition is also inquiring with Marvel about the She Hulk reprint to see if they plan on using a curved binding for it (crossing fingers, since I missed out on it the first time, despite having pre ordered...).

Spectacular Member

Has anyone gotten their UXM 1 Omni reprint in the mail yet? Anxious about the binding on that one...

In anticipation of the Cap by Brubaker reprint I went ahead and bought the last two omnis in the 5 Omnibus series.

They are really good looking books... look forward to reading them eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Has anyone gotten their UXM 1 Omni reprint in the mail yet? Anxious about the binding on that one...

In anticipation of the Cap by Brubaker reprint I went ahead and bought the last two omnis in the 5 Omnibus series.

They are really good looking books... look forward to reading them eventually.
    They are a treat. And the few artists that (sometimes) rotate in and out (Epting and Guice) work really well together and it's almost seamless, which makes the reading experience that much better, being a visual medium.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    They are a treat. And the few artists that (sometimes) rotate in and out (Epting and Guice) work really well together and it's almost seamless, which makes the reading experience that much better, being a visual medium.
    I have never known much about Captain America as a character except for I saw the first movie which was really good I thought. Second and third movies couldn’t really hold my attention though so I didn’t even really watch them. Which is good because I have heard that they take a lot from Brubakers stories.

I wonder if he gets paid for that... probably should but probably not.