Page 1065 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 6556596510151055106110621063106410651066106710681069107511151165 ... LastLast
Results 15,961 to 15,975 of 20730
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

NEW WARRIORS CLASSIC OMNIBUS VOL. 1 - 2nd PRINTING
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA, TOM DEFALCO, DAVID MICHELINIE & MORE
    Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, CHRIS MARRINAN, DARICK ROBERTSON, BRANDON PETERSON, STEVE EPTING, RON FRENZ, GUANG YAP, TOM RANEY, TERRY SHOEMAKER, SCOTT MCDANIEL & MORE
    Covers by SKOTTIE YOUNG & MARK BAGLEY
    Young, idealistic heroes Marvel Boy, Firestar, Nova, Namorita, Speedball and the mysterious Night Thrasher join forces as the New Warriors — determined to fight the kinds of crime other heroes won't touch! But as the naive Warriors dig deeper into a world of gray areas and moral compromises, can they maintain their youthful ideals? And with foes like Terrax, the Juggernaut, Psionex, the Punisher, the Sphinx and more — along with a shocking threat from within — can the New Warriors even stay alive long enough to make a difference in the world? Collecting NEW WARRIORS (1990) #1-26, NEW WARRIORS ANNUAL #1-2 and AVENGERS (1963) #341-342 — plus material from THOR (1966) #411-412, NEW MUTANTS ANNUAL #7, X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #15, X-FACTOR ANNUAL #6, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #26, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #12 and WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #8.
    1064 PGS./Rated T …$125.00

CONAN THE BARBARIAN BY AARON & ASRAR OHC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by MAHMUD ASRAR, GERARDO ZAFFINO & GARRY BROWN
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    ON SALE FEBRUARY 2021
    The life and death of Conan the Barbarian! The greatest sword-and-sorcery hero of all returns to Marvel, but how long will he survive? Conan's travels have brought him to the far reaches of the unknown, from his birthplace in Cimmeria to the kingdom of Aquilonia and all lands in between — but just as his fighting prowess lets him carve his way through life, so too does it attract the forces of death! And few are more deadly than the Crimson Witch and the terrible wizard Thoth-Amon! As beasts from the past rear their fearsome heads, the Barbarian fights his final battle and meets his ultimate fate — but what lies beyond the veil of life? Could it be…Crom?! Robert E. Howard's legendary barbarian's days are numbered in an all-new saga, and Conan's destiny is forever changed! Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN (2019) #1-12.
    296 PGS./Parental Advisory …$34.99

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: HOWARD THE DUCK VOL. 1 HC
    Written by STEVE GERBER with FRANK BRUNNER
    Penciled by GENE COLAN & FRANK BRUNNER with VAL MAYERIK, JOHN BUSCEMA & SAL BUSCEMA
    Cover by FRANK BRUNNER
    Trapped in a Masterworks he never made! There were several worthy candidates for the milestone 300th Marvel Masterworks, but only one waddled away with victory: Howard the Duck! Steve Gerber and artistic cohorts Val Mayerik, Frank Brunner and Gene Colan crafted one of comics' most iconoclastic and hilarious characters. Now Howard's inaugural Masterworks kicks things off with his quirky first appearance as a "fowl out of water," teaming with the macabre Man-Thing to protect Cleveland from the Man-Frog and Hellcow! The satirical stories continue with Howard and gal-pal Beverly Switzler taking on dire threats like the Space Turnip, the Beaver and — public transportation?! And just wait until Howard runs for president! All restored in Masterworks glory! Collecting HOWARD THE DUCK (1976) #1-14; MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #12; and material from FEAR #19, MAN-THING (1974) #1, GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING #4-5 and F.O.O.M. #15.
    376 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

UNCANNY X-MEN: X-MEN DISASSEMBLED OHC
    Written by ED BRISSON, MATTHEW ROSENBERG & KELLY THOMPSON
    Penciled by MAHMUD ASRAR, MIRKO COLAK, IBRAIM ROBERSON, MARK BAGLEY, R.B. SILVA, YILDIRAY ÇINAR, PERE PÉREZ & PEPE LARRAZ
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    The X-Men's newest crisis is shaping up to be their final adventure! It all starts with a mysterious and tragic disappearance, but the X-Men's investigation draws the team into a much larger — and deadlier — situation! Who or what are the Four Horsemen of Salvation — and what is their connection to Nate Grey, the incredibly powerful mutant known as X-Man? Will Nate's home dimension, the Age of Apocalypse, make its horrifying return? Or does the dawn of the Age of X-Man mean the end of the Uncanny X-Men?! It's a status-quo-smashing story that just might leave all of mutantkind in tatters — and it will take three fan-favorite writers to deliver the mutant madness! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (2018) #1-10.
    272 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Amazing Member

ASM 2, finally. This came out of nowhere. I guess we'll be seeing 3 and then 5 next year. All we need now is Fantastic Four reprints for 2 and 3 too.

By the way the DM of Uncanny 4 is an instant win. I can't imagine how fast that will sell out, better preorder everyone.

Mighty Member

Does anyone think the X-Men: Disassembled OHC (after the tpb came out earlier this year) presages an Age of X-Man omni in the near future? I mean, it'll probably happen at some point, but do you think this makes it more likely we see that omnibus in mid 2021?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

That new cover for the Cap omni is so nice. I have this already but very tempted by that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    ASM 2, finally. This came out of nowhere. I guess we'll be seeing 3 and then 5 next year. All we need now is Fantastic Four reprints for 2 and 3 too.

By the way the DM of Uncanny 4 is an instant win. I can't imagine how fast that will sell out, better preorder everyone.
    sometimes these reprints make sense and/or have a pattern, and then sometimes they don't.
    2020 is the year of X-Men reprints, from the core Uncanny titles to Claremont/Lee to ancillary books like Uncanny X-Force and Wolverine.

So okay, year of X. I get it.

And then they throw out two random reprints like Spidey 2 and Bru-Cap 1. What??! I'm happy for those who need them, but how about keeping the trend and cycle through characters/lines like 2020's year of X?

how about reprinting all various Spidey omnis that need reprinted throughout the year - Spidey 2, 3, McFarlane again, maybe untold tales, etc...
    and then the following year reprint focus on Cap and IM, and then the next year focus on THOR and Avengers, or whatever.

Because only Thor has a movie on the horizon. FF and X-men SOMEDAY, but who knows when. granted with COVID, everything is now "someday", but Thor has a definite movie at some point.
    I fully hope we'll see Thor v4, possibly reprints of vol 1 + 2 (and maybe 3) at that time, and perhaps a Jason Aaron omni or two. BTW, I would think they'd want Aaron's "God of Thunder" omnibused BEFORE that movie-release time, so that they can release the second volume starring Jane as Thor as an Omnibus since that would tie-in to the movie nicely. Which would mean we should see the God of THunder series omni'd at some point during 2021, especially since the OHCs are OOP. please, marvel?

But back on topic, if they want to do random reprints, fine, but it really seemed like they had a plan in place for 2020, and now we're back to willy-nilly; it just seems odd to me.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    That new cover for the Cap omni is so nice. I have this already but very tempted by that cover.
    Is it safe to assume the new cover is the direct market version? And does anyone know the release date for this reprint?

Thanks for the updates, Raffi. They're going to sell a lot of those UXM vol.4, can't wait to preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Yes, very tempting, but not enough to risk picking up a square tight binding with possible mistakes, never mind the lack of a faux leather cover and thinner paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Is it safe to assume the new cover is the direct market version? And does anyone know the release date for this reprint?
    Yes, this will be the DM Variant. According to Previews World, the release date will be Jan 27, 2021.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG200730

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Does anyone think the X-Men: Disassembled OHC (after the tpb came out earlier this year) presages an Age of X-Man omni in the near future? I mean, it'll probably happen at some point, but do you think this makes it more likely we see that omnibus in mid 2021?
    I'm very surprised with this ohc. It appeared on Amazon long time ago and I pre-ordered it, but I was sure it had been cancelled as it kept being delayed. And now it looks to be official
    I'm also surprised because this run was not very popular

It could be that they release this in order to release an omnibus, like they did with war of the realms or absolute carnage. I hope they do the same with iron man by Slott and the iron man 2020 event

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The fact they've missed off 11-20 is a huge insult, Disassembled was absolutely terrible.
    I hope they don't do an Age of X-Man omnibus, it doesn't deserve one.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    I'm very surprised with this ohc. It appeared on Amazon long time ago and I pre-ordered it, but I was sure it had been cancelled as it kept being delayed. And now it looks to be official
    I'm also surprised because this run was not very popular

It could be that they release this in order to release an omnibus, like they did with war of the realms or absolute carnage. I hope they do the same with iron man by Slott and the iron man 2020 event
    Yes please on Iron Man
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”