Page 1041 of 1070 FirstFirst ... 4154194199110311037103810391040104110421043104410451051 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,615 of 16048
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is why against my better judgement I went ahead and ordered SM by JMSv2 and Astonishing X-Men despite paying 8-10% more than IST. Not sure what stock looks like and do not want to have to fret after market prices. An extra 10% now(still less cover) is better than a 60% bump(over cover) if OOP.
    Couldn't agree more.

I ended up finding Spiderman by JMS 1 brand new for cover price so went for it, but I should have bought it before.

The problem is that I live in Europe. While in the US you simple have to buy your books on IST at release, in Europe we usually have to wait until the price decrease several months after the release. But the time between a book being at a low price and then being OOP can be pretty short sometimes.

Marvel and DC need to be more ready for books selling
    Out quick in the future. This new books selling out
    In a few hours and not being replaced for some time
    Is not helping them and frustrates there buyer.
    This was happening way before the current global
    Situation and if they continue to form, will continue
    To happen with the hot new releases.
    It especially smacks me in the face, when I want a book
    And see no major seller has it for sale until a few weeks
    Out and than see some one posting they received
    There copy in the mail. I can not be the only one who
    is bothered by this.

Well I spoke too soon. My Wolverine Omnibus arrived from Amazon with a nasty smashed corner. Sending it back for a replacement but not hopeful for the next copy.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kp404 View Post
    Well I spoke too soon. My Wolverine Omnibus arrived from Amazon with a nasty smashed corner. Sending it back for a replacement but not hopeful for the next copy.
    Ugh. I hate when that happens. Amazon is known for this because they just toss the book in a box with no bubble wrap or anything. And definitely don't buy tpbs from them. I learned that the hard way.
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

“Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

“I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

I was told by IST that they do expect copies for the JMS Spidey variants in the future which is why I held off on buying a copy of the standard cover. I really hope I don’t come to regret that. I wanted the black Spidey variant cover but if it means I miss out entirely on a copy I would rather have just got one from the limited stock they had.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Ugh. I hate when that happens. Amazon is known for this because they just toss the book in a box with no bubble wrap or anything. And definitely don't buy tpbs from them. I learned that the hard way.
    No bubble wrap at all and the shipping box had smashed corners too, so I was prepared for disappointment. The only way I get bubble protectors is when I place bulk orders and I get lucky that they ship multiple items in one box. Sometimes, I get all 5 items shipped in 5 separate boxes haha. Its luck of the draw many times

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kp404 View Post
    No bubble wrap at all and the shipping box had smashed corners too, so I was prepared for disappointment. The only way I get bubble protectors is when I place bulk orders and I get lucky that they ship multiple items in one box. Sometimes, I get all 5 items shipped in 5 separate boxes haha. Its luck of the draw many times
    I couldn't find several tpbs so I bought them off Amazon. Hadn't used them in a while. They all came bent and dinged up real bad. I was ticked. Dropped them off at Kohls and got my refund. I won't buy them on Amazon anymore.
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

“Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

“I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I bought 15-20 omnibuses through Amazon, I think two or three arrived damaged but the good thing witht them is that replacement / refund is very easy.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    I bought 15-20 omnibuses through Amazon, I think two or three arrived damaged but the good thing witht them is that replacement / refund is very easy.
    What about when they go out of print instantly? Then they suck because they can't package them with care. I have about a 20% success rate with Amazon delivering an omnibus in mint condition.

Incredible Member

I'm feeling overwhelmed by collecting lately. It's an odd thing.

I had slimmed down my collection to under 100 single issues and about 8 hardcovers, because as many books as there are to love, I just like being a bit of a minimalist around the apartment.
    Now, with so many great releases, my collecting has picked back up. I tend to double-dip on nearly everything I love, so I can have one copy to save or store (partially a reason I try to keep my collection so slim). I don't know. Maybe I've forgotten why I started in the first place, but I'm really torn between the addiction of owning these books I love and feeling over-encumbered.

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Questions:
    Will IST be having new releases tomorrow at 2/3pm est?
    If so what will those be?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Default Release dates changing

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Questions:
    Will IST be having new releases tomorrow at 2/3pm est?
    If so what will those be?
    So as of today, Amazon shows Byrne She Hulk Omnibus and Cloak and Dagger Omnibus releasing in November 2020. That’s recently changed. Cheapgraphicnovels still shows April 14 for She Hulk which is obviously not happening. DC is similar, Mike Grell’s Green Arrow has switched from late June to mid August.

This tells me Astonishing X Men was printed but She Hulk was not. Is there any official info from Marvel adjusting the release schedule? Obviously Amazon was given updated info does anyone know if it’s out there anywhere else and more complete for all the upcoming releases?

Spectacular Member

Anybody know when Astonishing, Uncanny XF, and Wolverine vol 1 will be back at IST or CGN?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    So as of today, Amazon shows Byrne She Hulk Omnibus and Cloak and Dagger Omnibus releasing in November 2020. That’s recently changed. Cheapgraphicnovels still shows April 14 for She Hulk which is obviously not happening. DC is similar, Mike Grell’s Green Arrow has switched from late June to mid August.

This tells me Astonishing X Men was printed but She Hulk was not. Is there any official info from Marvel adjusting the release schedule? Obviously Amazon was given updated info does anyone know if it’s out there anywhere else and more complete for all the upcoming releases?
    I'm bummed out by the delay of Byrne's She-Hulk, but if this means it gets proper quality binding like the Silver Surfer reprint, then I'm alright with it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    I'm bummed out by the delay of Byrne's She-Hulk, but if this means it gets proper quality binding like the Silver Surfer reprint, then I'm alright with it.
    Man that Silver Surfer reprint binding sold me on that book. The art looked amazing in the overview Near Mint did.