Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    So pleased to see this get a mention here! These are the suggested volumes and mappings (credit to Kets in the MMW Forum for originating):

Spider-Man: The Alien Costume Saga Omnibus
    (Amazing Spider-Man #252 – 263; Annual #18; Marvel-Team-Up #141 – 150; Annual #7; Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #90 – 100; Annual #4; Web of Spider-Man #1)

Spider-Man: The Death of Jean DeWolff Omnibus
    (Amazing Spider-Man #264 – 274; Annual #19; Spectacular Spider-Man #101 – 115; Annual #5; Web of Spider-Man #2 – 15; Annual #1)

Spider-Man: The Unmasking of the Hobgoblin Omnibus
    (Amazing Spider-Man #275 – 289; Annual #20; Spectacular Spider-Man #116 – 127; Annual #6; Web of Spider-Man #16 – 30; Annual #2; Spider-Man Versus Wolverine #1)

Spider-Man: Till Death Do Us Part Omnibus
    (Amazing Spider-Man #290 – 295; Annual #21; Spectacular Spider-Man #128 – 136; Annual #7; Web of Spider-Man #31 – 34; Annual #3; Marvel Graphic Novel #46: Parallel Lives; Marvel Age #54; What If? Vol. 2 #17, 20, 21)

...and as a bonus (especially for those of us still feeling burned about the absence of any follow-up to Spider-Man Tombstone Volume 1):

Spectacular Spider-Man by Gerry Conway and Sal Buscema Omnibus
    (Spectacular Spider-Man #137 – 175; Annual #8 – 10; Web of Spider-Man #54 – 55; Annual #6; Amazing Spider-Man Annual #24; Spider-Man/Doctor Strange: The Way to Dusty Death #1)

If you would love some comprehensive mid-80s Spidey omni goodness, please consider including these in your picks when the annual survey comes around again!
    Yes, this exactly! If the second PPSSM omni skips over the stuff already in the Stern omni, it'll be easy to have that stop at issue 89 to set all of this up.

I'm not going to bet on the existence of WoSM omnis past this material, but I think Spec by Conway and DeMatteis volumes should be feasible (and I'm also still livid about no Tombstone v2 - if they're not going to do SSM epics any time soon, finish these fat books!!)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    1 Uncanny X-Men Vol 5
    2 Daredevil Nocenti
    4 Amazing Spider-Man Micheline/Bagley
    5 Daredevil Silver Age vol 2
    6 Amazing Spider-Man Brand New Day
    8 Superior Spider-Man
    9 Amazing Spider-Man Vol 6
    10 Spider-Man Alien Saga
    11 Spectacular Spider-man Dematteis
    12 Incredible Hulk SA2
    13 Avengers Stern
    14 Immortal Hulk
    16 Alpha Flight Vol 2
    18 Fantastic Four Vol 5
    19 Captain America Gruenwald
    21 Invincible Iron Man Fraction
    23 Doctor Strange Vol 3
    24 Moon Knight Ellis/Lemire/Modern
    25 Daredevil 292-342
    26 Civil War
    27 Avengers Vol5
    28 New Avengers Vol 2 Bendis (Secret Invasion)
    29 Silver Surfer Englehart
    30 Indiana Jones
    31 Amazing Spider-Man Defalco
    33 Iron Man Micheline
    34 Sub-Mariner SA
    37 Venom Remender
    38 Punisher Rucka
    42 X-Men SA3
    44 Thunderbolts Vol 3
    45 Daredevil O'neill
    49 Wolverine Vol 4
    50 Ghost Rider (1990s Era)
    This is the material I would prioritize. That is still a lot of Omnis.
    Spider-man, Daredevil, Hulk, Ghost Rider and Wolverine v.4 would all get day one purchases from me.
    The rest I'd roll the dice with and hope they were there when I could get them.

Yeah and SA Hulk and DD volume 2s placing so high, both were on my list as well as Ghost Rider 90s
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So pleased to see this get a mention here! These are the suggested volumes and mappings (credit to Kets in the MMW Forum for originating):

(Amazing Spider-Man #252 – 263; Annual #18; Marvel-Team-Up #141 – 150; Annual #7; Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #90 – 100; Annual #4; Web of Spider-Man #1)

(Amazing Spider-Man #264 – 274; Annual #19; Spectacular Spider-Man #101 – 115; Annual #5; Web of Spider-Man #2 – 15; Annual #1)

(Amazing Spider-Man #275 – 289; Annual #20; Spectacular Spider-Man #116 – 127; Annual #6; Web of Spider-Man #16 – 30; Annual #2; Spider-Man Versus Wolverine #1)

(Amazing Spider-Man #290 – 295; Annual #21; Spectacular Spider-Man #128 – 136; Annual #7; Web of Spider-Man #31 – 34; Annual #3; Marvel Graphic Novel #46: Parallel Lives; Marvel Age #54; What If? Vol. 2 #17, 20, 21)

...and as a bonus (especially for those of us still feeling burned about the absence of any follow-up to Spider-Man Tombstone Volume 1):

(Spectacular Spider-Man #137 – 175; Annual #8 – 10; Web of Spider-Man #54 – 55; Annual #6; Amazing Spider-Man Annual #24; Spider-Man/Doctor Strange: The Way to Dusty Death #1)

If you would love some comprehensive mid-80s Spidey omni goodness, please consider including these in your picks when the annual survey comes around again!
    I voted for those mappings Kets did, too.

Spectacular Member

The only thing I would change is to try and put Spec 130 in the unmasking hobgoblin omni

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Peter...-Man_Vol_1_130

Incredible Member

All I ask is that we get an Exiles Omnibus. Come on Marvel, you slap together these “June 1961” whatever omniboo, and can’t be bothered to put out an actual series?

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

So weird to have to ask this on here... What is IST's email address? I got a shipment missing one of the books and I can't fin their email address anywhere on the website.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. Someone can delete this post. Thanks

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

From TigerEyes (he created and compiled the Most Wanted Omnibus Ballot) on the Masterworks forum:

Sorry I have been so busy,

the just missed continued....

56 Marc Spector Moon Knight
    55 Exiles Vol 1
    54 Daredevil Zdarsky
    53 Hullk Mantlo
    52 Iron Man SA 3
    51 New Mutants Vol 3

Still not seeing "The Nam" on these most wanted lists.
    Weak.

And way too much crappy dated stuff.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Incredible Member

“Marvel should collect this 1986 series about a war that ended in 1973, instead of all this dated stuff!”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    From TigerEyes (he created and compiled the Most Wanted Omnibus Ballot) on the Masterworks forum:

Sorry I have been so busy,

the just missed continued....

56 Marc Spector Moon Knight
    54 Daredevil Zdarsky
    53 Hullk Mantlo
    52 Iron Man SA 3
    I've voted for Iron Man Silver Age v.3 before and would snatch it up.
    I almost gave a slot to Marc Spector Moon Knight but since I knew they had two MK Omnis lined up(one of which I now have) I felt it would be a wasted vote pending knowledge of an MK season 2.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    “Marvel should collect this 1986 series about a war that ended in 1973, instead of all this dated stuff!”
    Right??? I think the only issues of 'Nam I could ever see getting collected in any omnibus might be the ones with the Punisher. Otherwise I think complete collections would suffice for that, if anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ignition View Post
    Right??? I think the only issues of 'Nam I could ever see getting collected in any omnibus might be the ones with the Punisher. Otherwise I think complete collections would suffice for that, if anything.
    Every series is someone's favorite. The 'Nam was a critically acclaimed, best selling title when it first appeared. I would, without hesitation, buy an omnibus of the Doug Murray material. It was only after Murray left the title that it went downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Every series is someone's favorite. The 'Nam was a critically acclaimed, best selling title when it first appeared. I would, without hesitation, buy an omnibus of the Doug Murray material. It was only after Murray left the title that it went downhill.
    Let's not forget Michael Golden - while his stuff can be a little too cartoon-ish (especially for a serious war comic), he's a fantastic artist with too little of his work collected in over-sized, and since we'll never get a Micronauts omni, may as well settle for a 'Nam one.

Quote Originally Posted by ignition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Michael Golden's first 12 Nam issues and Doug Murray's time on the title are some of the greatest comics ever created - and it has never been given the proper modern collection respect it deserves. Those Nam comics are timeless and important. Yet Marvel keeps chugging out collections of piles and piles of 90s garbage. More power to you if you like clogging your house up with crap.

If Marvel can print complete garbage like Killraven - they can print The Nam.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Astonishing Member

New Marvel Omnibus announcement for 2023.

This was on the top 50 most wanted omnibus from a couple years ago, but dropped off the list the last two years.