Page 698 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1985986486886946956966976986997007017027087487981198 ... LastLast
Results 10,456 to 10,470 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't expect the stuff between Ennis and Aaron to get collected. You can still get the OHC for cheap. I also don't expect Marvel to collect Platoon in an omnibus. It's not like they picked up Ennis' uncollected Punisher War Journal mini when they re-issued his omnibus earlier this year. Also, there's still a tpb and HC/OHC market for Marvel to exploit. My two cents.
    Well, unless they include some of those non-Ennis one-shots that came out at the same time, there's no point in me upgrading.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Page count looks like it's likely with prequel and the mini that came years later that finishes it
    Yeah, managed to look at the relevant issues against the page count and I think Weapon X: The Return Omnibus will be:
    Wolverine #162-166 & #173-176
    Deadpool: Agent of Weapon X #57-60
    Weapon X: The Draft one-shots (x5)
    Weapon X #1-28 + 1/2
    Weapon X: Days of Future Now #1-5

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Well, unless they include some of those non-Ennis one-shots that came out at the same time, there's no point in me upgrading.
    I feel the same way. I'm good with the OHCs.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It's supposed to be six issues. The other stuff was OK but it was sandwiched between one incredible run (Ennis) and one damn good one (Aaron).
    I never really gave any of it a chance. I think I read one or two of the one shots because of the writer/artist, but that was about it

I'd like BORN to be first and Valley Forge, Valley Forge to be "last" but then collect the three one-shots at the very end as bonuses. I don't think Barracuda should be included, but if so it should be as a bonus after the one-shots.

...but I have no plans to "upgrade" my OHC's...even though only vol. 4-5 are sewn binding.
    Last edited by Orion; 10-14-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    New Marvel fish on Hachette!

Omnibus:
    Punisher Max By Garth Ennis Omnibus Vol. 1
    Weapon X: The Return Omnibus
    Wolverine Goes To Hell Omnibus
    Hardcover:
    Mighty Thor Vol. 5
    Powers Vol. 2
    Star Wars: Han Solo
    Marvel Masterworks:
    Marvel Masterworks: The Defenders Vol. 6
    Marvel Masterworks: Marvel Team-Up Vol. 3
    This newly announced Punisher Max Ennis Omnibus...anywhere that has details on what it will contain? I just started getting the OHCs of that series in this last month...have 1-3, and 6 (which is not Ennis, but contains the rest of the series from issue 61-75.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Yeah, managed to look at the relevant issues against the page count and I think Weapon X: The Return Omnibus will be:
    Wolverine #162-166 & #173-176
    Deadpool: Agent of Weapon X #57-60
    Weapon X: The Draft one-shots (x5)
    Weapon X #1-28 + 1/2
    Weapon X: Days of Future Now #1-5
    I actually really enjoyed this in the early aughties, and I'm really glad it's getting an omni, but I think I could finish my floppy collection for $20 or less, so...

Not sure how I would like it if I read it for the first time today, but it fit in really nicely in the Morrison/Austen era and did some cool things with some marginal characters. Box, Fantomex, Maverick(IIRC?)...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    This newly announced Punisher Max Ennis Omnibus...anywhere that has details on what it will contain? I just started getting the OHCs of that series in this last month...have 1-3, and 6 (which is not Ennis, but contains the rest of the series from issue 61-75.)
    This is exactly what we've been discussing for the last 2 pages! lol

Vol.6 OHC doesn't have #75 (highly irritating), but it did contain Little Black Book and Force of Nature one-shots that I forgot about earlier!
    Last edited by jm21; 10-15-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    I actually really enjoyed this in the early aughties, and I'm really glad it's getting an omni, but I think I could finish my floppy collection for $20 or less, so...

Not sure how I would like it if I read it for the first time today, but it fit in really nicely in the Morrison/Austen era and did some cool things with some marginal characters. Box, Fantomex, Maverick(IIRC?)...
    I completely agree, really enjoyed this at the time of release and I am certain I will enjoy a re-read!
    Some sort of Wolverine by Tieri Omnibus or OHC would be welcome to sit beside this.

I'm just now seeing the news on the Punisher MAX omnis. Of course I just bought the Complete Collection softcovers last year, everybody thank me for the omni announcement . As for the omni contents, I would expect it will be the exact same as the four complete collections which includes Born and the Barracuda mini. If I remember correctly, the CC's are about 500 pages. So two nice size omnis with hopefully some decent extras.

Yo! Talk me into (or out of) buying the new Planet Hulk Omnibus.

Familiar enough with the story, but I'm on the fence 'cause I just bought a bunch of other stuff, and running out of shelf space.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

Familiar enough with the story, but I'm on the fence 'cause I just bought a bunch of other stuff, and running out of shelf space.
    Buy it

It wouldn't take much space on your shelf
    We need better comics

I’m pretty sure that Hulk 106 is not in the WW Hulk omnibus. My plan was to flip between the mini and Hulk 106-111 and read the other stuff and front line after I got right to the end. Once comple I would read the Aftersmash stuff. But, going thru the book, it appears that we get a prologue issue, then WW mini, then 107-111 and the rest. Hoping someone can confirm or tell me I’m wrong.

Edit: hahahah never mind - first issue. The ordering of this book sucks!
    Last edited by TomSlick; 10-15-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

Do NOT buy it! I’m not sure if there are even any X-Men in it?!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Finally! We're getting Wolverine by Aaron vol.2!!! That means the only part of his Wolverine/X-Men run not to be collected in OHC is the first arc of Amazing X-Men (I still don't get why they didn't include it in WatXM Omni).
    Yeah, looking at the page count, it is Complete Collections 3&4 plus Schism #1-5.
    I utterly hated WatXM, it was absolute rubbish, but I enjoyed Amazing X-Men from start to finish - I hoped we'd see a OHC collection, but that seems unlikely now.