Page 645 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1455455956356416426436446456466476486496556957451145 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I've ordered from them only a few times. Books came through ok, but 2 out of probably 5 total orders had the wrong books in them. I stopped using them after that.
    And they have a reputation of being very rude to customers, if that sort of thing matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I shopped with CGN for many years. They pack well domestically, though not in as detail oriented way as IST. I've had similarly few issues with condition from them both (two returns each in years of shopping).

However, CGN is ultimately an overworked retail store and they just don't have the scale of communication / processing / customer service that IST does.

As an example, I've had CGN randomly hold my order for weeks and when I poked them they'd say, "Oh, it turns out XYZ book was backordered even though we had it on the site, so we've been waiting to see if we can get new ones." IST certainly does some restocking, too, but they indicate that visually on their order status page and are easier to reach and receive a response from with questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Every time ive ordered from them, the books have arrived damaged. They then demand that i pay to have them shipped back and replaced, and offer no refunds. So no, nowhere near IST.
    I always had good experiences with CGN whenever I had an issue. I always seemed to deal with Max (he used to post here but disappeared).

Typically they would either offer me a credit or if I had to return something they would email me the postage so that I just put that on the package. They didn't offer this service; I had to request it. Nonetheless, they didn't argue.

That said, I do like IST's packaging better and they offer free shipping on $50 or over, something CGN doesn't.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Some photo click bait on some of this weeks books.

Inhumans vs X-men
    thumb_IMG_6072_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_6073_1024.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I vs X-Men interiors again.
    thumb_IMG_6074_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_6075_1024.jpg

Last Dr.Strange SS vol.1 click bait

thumb_IMG_6082_1024.jpg

Monsters Unleashed Monster Size (I have no idea how I'm going to store this)
    thumb_IMG_6106_1024.jpg

Monsters Unleashed Monster Sized HC

thumb_IMG_6107_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_6108_1024.jpg

I saw someone already posted the Hickman Avengers Omni with some pics. Whew, good, as I may have overdone it. Apologies if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Last Dr.Strange SS vol.1 click bait

thumb_IMG_6082_1024.jpg

Monsters Unleashed Monster Size (I have no idea how I'm going to store this)
    thumb_IMG_6106_1024.jpg
    Holy Schnikey's!! No offense to anyone, but why would they make a HUGE book of that extremely minor mini? Just because "monstersized" for a monster book sounded fun/cute? I would get it if it was for the Monsterbus stuff, cuz it's Kirby/Ditko, and again, no offense to those artists, it just seems a little odd.

And Cpn Craig, my vote is if you wanna share pics, PLEASE do! I tend to bundle my orders via TalesofWonder and so I often wait weeks after everyone before I get my books, so it's nice to see them in pics!

And if anyone has any Hickman Avengers pics, details on order, etc... please share. If it's in another thread, please point me there. ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Thanks for the Strange pics.

Any chance of a spine on pic, both with and with DJ (if they're different)?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

The spine is the same on dust jacket and book. Only the back is different on both.
    DrStrangeSSv.1spine.jpg

Questions about the Spider-Man Big Time complete collections, mainly in regards to Spider Island. Is it worth it to pick up the Spider Island companion book too? On that not, is it worth it to pick up any other supplemental trades during the course of Big Time?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies re: cheapgraphicnovels.com! Feels like a risk.

Regarding Cheapgraphicnovels; they are without question the most unprofessional "company" I've ever dealt with.

I'd ordered from them maybe a dozen times until I once received a damaged omnibus. Thinking they'd be understanding , I contacted them regarding my options.

First, they made it clear they did not send me a damaged book, no no, UPS delivered me a damaged book. From the customer side, that's completely transparent; a damaged book arrived, that's all that should matter. But no, they insisted it wasn't their fault, without providing anything to back their claim.

Next, since it wasn't their fault, they would do nothing. They did make me aware that they provide shipping insurance for an addition cost, so you know, I can cover my future orders.

So, I opened a dispute with PayPal, provided pictures, and PayPal sided with me and refunded my money.

Feeling smug, I sent Cheapgraphicnovels a follow up email saying PayPal also agrees the seller is at fault, and had they been reasonable they would have at least gotten the book returned. But as it was, I got to keep the damaged book, received my refund, and would never again give them my business.

Fortunately I still have their reply:

"Hi Mike,

Thank you for alerting us to this oversight.* I have contacted our web programmer to ensure that your IP address has been blocked from accessing our website in any capacity.* If you find you are still able to access all or portions of the site, please let me know ASAP so I can have this corrected for you.

yours,

Max"

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Questions about the Spider-Man Big Time complete collections, mainly in regards to Spider Island. Is it worth it to pick up the Spider Island companion book too? On that not, is it worth it to pick up any other supplemental trades during the course of Big Time?

Thanks!

To be honest I didn't like a lot of the tie-in miniseries very much. The only supplement I would recommend to Big Time would be the Venom by Rick Remender complete collection vol 1. That continues a story started in the Big Time issues and includes 3-4 really good Spider-Island tie-in issues. If you like it, pick up the vol 2 as well.