Page 853 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3537538038438498508518528538548558568578639039531353 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,795 of 20767

Hatchette is out and there’s a ton of Infinity stuff including an omnibus that’s a follow to Gauntlet as well as an Infinity origins omnibus. If someone doesn’t link it by the morning I will.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Hatchette is out and there’s a ton of Infinity stuff including an omnibus that’s a follow to Gauntlet as well as an Infinity origins omnibus. If someone doesn’t link it by the morning I will.
    There's also a Deadpool Minibus Vol. 3, Avengers Vol. 4 Omnibus and IMO a pointless Infinity by Starlin & Hickman Omnibus (you'll see what I mean).

I'm absolutely loving Amazing Spiderman omni vol. 2...every issue seems like an event, like an episode of an addictive soap opera. And each issue takes forever for me to read, there's so much dialogue on each page, it's crazy. Plus I read all the letters and replies.

And I ended up liking Kirby's art much more than I thought I would in vol. 1, but Romitas's art is really raising the bar. Maybe because I grew up reading Spidey in the newspaper every day - I think he did the art in that too? Anyway, this is really far and away so much better than most other comics I've read, it's great.

Now OTOH, not to be that guy, but I'm getting frustrated with Marvel's release of classic material. I'm mainly interested in Spidey, X-Men, and Daredevil. So I'm anticipating collected editions post Spidey omni 3, X-Men omni 3, and DD post-Miller. Are they saving this stuff back for a reason or is it just luck of the draw? Honestly it's why I've been getting more DC stuff that interests me, they seem to be releasing things with much more of a plan. I'm interested in getting long runs of certain books and it seems like DC is catering to that better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    There's also a Deadpool Minibus Vol. 3, Avengers Vol. 4 Omnibus and IMO a pointless Infinity by Starlin & Hickman Omnibus (you'll see what I mean).
    Stoked for Avengers 4. Agree 1000% on the Infinity omni. I have all the issues in the Thanos War omni between MMW and other omnis yet still tempted; might need to hand my debit card to the wife and check it out when justified at this point. The Infinity War Omnibus with only select issues of Warlock and the Infinity Watch disappoints me a bit. I was hoping that series would be bundled in more comprehensively across further "Infinity" releases.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I'm absolutely loving Amazing Spiderman omni vol. 2...every issue seems like an event, like an episode of an addictive soap opera. And each issue takes forever for me to read, there's so much dialogue on each page, it's crazy. Plus I read all the letters and replies.

And I ended up liking Kirby's art much more than I thought I would in vol. 1, but Romitas's art is really raising the bar. Maybe because I grew up reading Spidey in the newspaper every day - I think he did the art in that too? Anyway, this is really far and away so much better than most other comics I've read, it's great.

Now OTOH, not to be that guy, but I'm getting frustrated with Marvel's release of classic material. I'm mainly interested in Spidey, X-Men, and Daredevil. So I'm anticipating collected editions post Spidey omni 3, X-Men omni 3, and DD post-Miller. Are they saving this stuff back for a reason or is it just luck of the draw? Honestly it's why I've been getting more DC stuff that interests me, they seem to be releasing things with much more of a plan. I'm interested in getting long runs of certain books and it seems like DC is catering to that better.
    Ditko was the artist for vol 1 not Kirby. About your last paragraph Masterworks have covered all of that material aside from DD and for the post Miller Daredevil they will be closing in on that in the next few years. I don't collect epics, but those issues may be out there already. If you are staying exclusive to OHC/Omnibus then the only data that really does seem to hold true is waiting for a movie/tv(Netflix) tie in. Personally I don't think there will be an X-Men Omnibus 3 despite Masterworks carrying the name on past the end of the first series, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Brewman; 08-02-2018 at 12:01 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    a pointless Infinity by Starlin & Hickman Omnibus (you'll see what I mean).
    So it's the Hickman Infinity OHC with Infinity Gauntlet bolted on the front!?!
    WTF!?!
    Agreed, that seems completely pointless.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/se...sher/?q=Marvel

On the X side of things: a trade that covers the gap after Onslaught and Trial of Gambit .... IS THAT IT? I am still half asleep but that might be very well the last gap of the never before collected issues of the UXM series?? That can't be true woa.

Avengers World Complete with Sam and Roberto.

Will also pick up the Infinity War Omnibus for the minor X involvement.

And also the Complete collection thing for all the recent to 2000s runs goes on: after Gillen and Carey it is now Milligan. I would have upgraded to OHC naturally but it is a hard sell to upgrade from trades to complete collections.
    Last edited by poolovision; 08-02-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Nice:

Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1

Description: Crom! This inaugural volume ushers in Marvel's line of definitive Savage Sword of Conan collections. Full-color covers, letters pages, pinups, extensive articles and reviews on Conan, his world and his creator -everything's included just as no one is spared the vengeance of Conan! After the breakout success of Conan's color comic, Marvel brought the legendary sword-and-sorcery saga of Robert E. Howard's hero to its black-and-white magazine line. In lushly illustrated novel-length adventures with all the drama, violence and allure the comic book medium can off er, writer Roy Thomas and Marvel's greatest artists craft a host of Conan classics like Barry Windsor-Smith's "Red Nails" and John Buscema's "Black Colossus" and "A Witch Shall Be Born" featuring the infamous Tree of Death are just the beginning!

COLLECTING: SAVAGE TALES (1971) 1-5; SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN (1974) 1-12, SPECIAL (1975) 1

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post

Those early ASM issues are quite a "mouthful" but very enjoyable with great art. And yes, John Romita drew the ASM newspaper strips from 1977-1981.

With regards to Daredevil post-Miller, I believe Marvel will want to issue as many TPB collections as they can such as the Epics before they go ahead and give us an Omnibus or two.

Mighty Member

I'm kind of miffed at the Cable & X-Force: Onslaught! collection - I expected they'd just skip over the Onslaught x-over issues and fill in all the space between Onslaught and Operation: Zero Tolerance. Now we're (probably) going to get two collections with a ton of double dipping for those of us that already collected the events.

That Thanos Wars Omnibus is basically the collection I invented for the most recent "Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus" poll, so that's cool (well, I included Silver Surfer: Homecoming, too, just for Starlin completeness).

It's kind of amusing that Excalibur is the one Epic Collection series being released in order. It makes a certain kind of sense, but I'm a little jealous of people that have the ability to read the series they want in order (I'll use this little space to scream into the universe, "Where is my ASM: Gang War Epic Collection?!?!?").
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 08-02-2018 at 05:18 AM.

The Thanos Wars: Infinity Origin Omnibus and the Savage Sword Of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1 will be mine!!!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

The Avengers box set is not something I'll be getting since I have most of the stories in omnis or Masterworks, but it is interesting that they've included Bob Harras's Avengers in the set, as he's the one longtime Avengers writer who usually gets left out of these things. The run has a weak cast but some nice art by the young Steve Epting and I'm glad the Epics are slowly collecting as much of that run as they can.

Overall, not hugely excited by the Avengers material but I'll be getting the volume 4 omnibus, the Masterworks and the Harras/Epting Epic collection. The Masterworks takes the run up to the series' infamous Jump-The-Shark moment in Avengers 200 and George Pérez's departure a couple of issues later, so while I don't know if I'll stop collecting there it's kind of a logical endpoint.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I'm interested in building up my cosmic stuff. Is the Infinity Wars Omnibus work a pick up or would you skip it?
    Do you mean the newly announced Hickman / Starlin one? If yes hell no! It is a cash grab! You will only get the main event Inf. Gauntlet which looses a lot by not having the prelude and Silver Surfer issues and some tie ins. And you will only get the Infinity event from Hickman's run which is part of bigger scheme so you also miss a lot here. I do not think that this Omnibus is a good buy if you really want to start a cosmic collection.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:37 PM.