Page 1019 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 19519919969100910151016101710181019
Results 15,271 to 15,280 of 15280
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would be absolutely over the moon if we got a Vol. 1 & 2 Omnibus of Soule's Daredevil. There's enough material for two manageable volumes similar to what was done with Bendis, Brubaker and Waid.

I'm starting to wonder if and when we'll get a Daredevil Volume 2 Omnibus of the Silver/Bronze Age. It's a long time coming. Also, a Captain America Vol. 3 Omnibus (CA #149-192) would be very much appreciated.

With regards to Spider-Man, I'm hoping for either an Amazing Spider-Man by Tom DeFalco (ASM #251-285) or an Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie & Mark Bagley ((ASM #351-377, 381-389).
    Thank you. I will pass on those then as I was already leaning that way. As for your Spidey Omni suggestions, I am all for that. The question though is that when Marvel releases Volumes 5 and upward would those issues be collected again or skipped over since they already have omnis?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Thank you. I will pass on those then as I was already leaning that way. As for your Spidey Omni suggestions, I am all for that. The question though is that when Marvel releases Volumes 5 and upward would those issues be collected again or skipped over since they already have omnis?
    At a total guess, I'd think ASM v5 would be 143-180 (or so), then up to 223 for v6, then Stern's omni would be the unofficial v7. As to Raffi's suggestion above, I feel like the DeFalco omni would have to run up to the McFarlane one - I just can't see them doing official v7, 8, 9, etc. re-doing all the Michelinie and Stern material.
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; Today at 08:47 AM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Question regarding Omnibus releases: how are the quality of the paper/print compared to Epic Collections? I'm collecting the latter, but I'm not really that impressed with the quality...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Question regarding Omnibus releases: how are the quality of the paper/print compared to Epic Collections? I'm collecting the latter, but I'm not really that impressed with the quality...
    You get what you pay for. I think the quality is considerably better for omnibus. I get epics mainly to fill gaps. If an omnibus covers the same material as an epic, Iíll always opt for the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    There's a few items like that. Captain America is another one. Put out Captain America vol 3, no brianer.
    But when you get to vol 4, would you then sort of 'ignore' that the Kirby Cap omnibus exists, as it's long out of print, and just release vol 4 with essentially the Kirby Cap contents, albeit redone via new restoration via MMWs? And if not creator specific, then that vol 4 could have 3 MMWs in it instead of the two for just Kirby Cap.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    There's a few items like that. Captain America is another one. Put out Captain America vol 3, no brianer.
    But when you get to vol 4, would you then sort of 'ignore' that the Kirby Cap omnibus exists, as it's long out of print, and just release vol 4 with essentially the Kirby Cap contents, albeit redone via new restoration via MMWs? And if not creator specific, then that vol 4 could have 3 MMWs in it instead of the two for just Kirby Cap.
    Yeah that's true. For example, instead of a reprint of the Spider-Man Stern Omnibus they would probably opt to just do the Vol 6 instead because I am guessing they want an unbroken collection of omnibus releases.

All-New Member

Yeah that's true. For example, instead of a reprint of the Spider-Man Stern Omnibus they would probably opt to just do the Vol 6 instead because I am guessing they want an unbroken collection of omnibus releases.
    I've been wondering about that, especially about the Uncanny X-Men volumes. We have vol 4 coming out this year and I assume that will go to at least 200 with various minis. But then there are the event omnis. Will they stop where the Mutant Massacre begins or continue on and re-collect just the Uncanny X-Men issues and go until the Claremont/Lee omniboo?

Regarding Spidey omnis, whereas 2020 is the year of the reprint, and mostly X-related (all 3 uncannys, both claremont/lee, wolvering, uncanny x-force) and new (new mutants, uncanny 4, excalibur, I'm probably forgetting more), so this is the year of the X.

perhaps NEXT year (2021) they'll continue the reprint train, and focus on Spidey again. Reprint vols 2 + 3, and maybe even 4 by that time. And maybe McFarlane again, Stern (unless like said above, they let that one die and push things out via vols 5, 6, etc...) and they could push out a Spectacular omnibus vol 1 now that all 3 MMWs are out. I'm thinking next year is a spidey year, and then they can fill in with other ancillary reprints as well. if they want to focus on making as most money as they can, reprinting X and Spidey is obviously the way to go.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Regarding Spidey omnis, whereas 2020 is the year of the reprint, and mostly X-related (all 3 uncannys, both claremont/lee, wolvering, uncanny x-force) and new (new mutants, uncanny 4, excalibur, I'm probably forgetting more), so this is the year of the X.

perhaps NEXT year (2021) they'll continue the reprint train, and focus on Spidey again. Reprint vols 2 + 3, and maybe even 4 by that time. And maybe McFarlane again, Stern (unless like said above, they let that one die and push things out via vols 5, 6, etc...) and they could push out a Spectacular omnibus vol 1 now that all 3 MMWs are out. I'm thinking next year is a spidey year, and then they can fill in with other ancillary reprints as well. if they want to focus on making as most money as they can, reprinting X and Spidey is obviously the way to go.
    I'm in favor of this. While I finally got ASM 1-4, and have the McFarlane, the Spectacular Omnibus is one I really want to see.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I'm in favor of this. While I finally got ASM 1-4, and have the McFarlane, the Spectacular Omnibus is one I really want to see.
    As a personal opinion, and acknowledging that others may differ, I'd love it if they did a huge Spec v1 (1-42) that runs right up to Stern's run. Then v2 62-100 (or 89 if they decide to do the Alien Costume Omnibus as a post Stern omni). It's that v2 I really want - the companion to Stern's ASM issues.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm