Page 673 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1735736236636696706716726736746756766776837237731173 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Well, just to be clear, the Michelinie/McFarlane material will be reprinted in Epic Collection, but we don't know when. Epic #20, Cosmic Adventures, covers the end of the omni, and vol. 19 should cover the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm waiting for a reprint of the Michelinie/McFarlane omnibus. I'm not paying silly money on Ebay for one. I'm really hoping once the Venom movie comes out, they'll reprint the omnibus, or at least print the Epics of that part of the ASM run.
    Thank you both for your feedback!

Sounds like what I suspected - either they will get released in Epic format or the omni will be reprinted eventually. If there's a Venom movie coming, that would probably be a good time. I honestly almost bought one on eBay today, but I'd hate to pay over $100 if it's going to be released cheaper again. I have enough to read for the rest of the year to wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Are there any other omni's like tangled web?
    Great stories collected in massively over priced collections? Yeah there will be a few.

Are there any other omni's like tangled web?
    Untold Tales of Spider-man

Spectacular Member

Was the new Hickman omni at least in proper reading order?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    In what way?
    Like a bunch of one and done stories from different creative teams

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, there's plenty of collections that are great the first half and suck the second half.
    I enjoyed the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Great stories collected in massively over priced collections? Yeah there will be a few.
    I didn't pay much for it

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Untold Tales of Spider-man
    Thanks!
    We need better comics

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    As far as I could tell from my first reading of the material.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    This is from a reviewer Michael on Amazon.com so all credit to him.
    Can't check if it's correct as I haven't open mine yet.
    Anyone who wants to confirm please do.

For the meat of this review I've included how all the issues are ordered; this has also been confirmed as the "Hickman approved order." I've triple checked it and can confidently say this is how it's ordered in the book, despite the creator credits in the front compacting so many issues together.

A 1-3
    NA 1-3
    A 4-5
    NA 4-6
    A 6-13
    NA 7
    A 14-17
    (The Infinity part of "Free Comic Book Day 2013: Infinity 1" is part of Infinity 1, so IDK why that's included in the contents.)
    Infinity 1
    NA 8-9
    A 18
    Infinity 2
    NA 10
    A 19
    Infinity 3
    A 20
    Infinity 4
    A 21
    NA 11
    Infinity 5
    A 22-23
    Infinity 6
    NA 12
    Infinity: Against The Tide 1-2 (A note, while Infinity was going on the first part of this was after Infinity 1, the second after Infinity 3. I can't say where it's best read but it's amazing that it was even included considering it's the only thing in the book not written by Hickman, instead done by Jason Latour.)
    Covers and sketches
    Shang-Chi: Master Of Kung-Fu (This and Mojoworld are some early, standalone stories Hickman did in his first years at Marvel. Not relevant to this Avengers run but some fun backmatter.)
    Mojoworld 1-6

I didn't pay much for it

Thanks!
    How much did you pay for it? The price I saw it at was roughly £4 an issue, which is far too high, even for a book that is as good as this (and one where I already have the trades).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    How much did you pay for it? The price I saw it at was roughly £4 an issue, which is far too high, even for a book that is as good as this (and one where I already have the trades).
    Around $50
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Master Hoplite View Post
    So I've been slowly collecting the major Marvel event runs from the last decade in order to do a Disassembled - Siege run. I think I've about hit all the big points but was wondering if there's anything significant I'm missing. I'm light on Xmen titles but how they fit to the main Avengers-centric run is somewhat confusing to me. This is what I have so far:

Secret War tpb
    New Avengers by Bendis Omni (Disassembled included)
    New Avengers OHC vol 4-7
    Mighty Avengers OHC vol 1-3
    House of M tpb
    Xmen Decimation The Day After tpb
    Annihilation Omni
    Annihilation Conquest Omni
    Road to Civil War tpb
    Civil War OHC
    Messiah Complex OHC
    Xmen Second Coming Revelations OHC
    Dark Avengers OHC
    Avengers/Xmen Utopia tpb
    Rise and Fall of Shiar Empire tpb
    Secret Invasion OHC
    Secret Invasion Frontline tpb
    Secret Invasion Captain Marvel tpb
    Prelude WOK omni
    WOK omni
    Realm of Kings omni
    Siege OHC
    Siege Battlefield HC
    Secret Warriors omni
    Planet Hulk and WW Hulk Omnis (when released)

So am I missing anything important here? (Xmen, Iron Man Extremis, Civil War tie-ins?)

(I know I'm missing all the Bru Cap but I'm not trying to find those whales)

Thanks!
    People more qualified than me have already given you some pretty good advice, so I don't have much to add.
    But I just want to say I'm also attempting the same thing and it's kinda frustrating/daunting.

The event stuff is okay, I just really need the House of M OHC set and either the rest of the CW OHCs(have Spider-man), or just get the box(which would be easier).
    The X-men material for that era is all over the place though. There's a lot of good stuff thats not collected in OHC, and some not even in fat trades. I restrict my purchases to just those two types of books so I can maintain some uniformity. But you're going to have to include Prem HCs or thin trades, or just cut out the X-men stuff completely except for event books or ones you really want. Easiest way, like what others have said, is to seperate the different chronologies. 1.Events 2.Avengers/Young Avengers 3.X-men 4.Hulk 5. Thor 6.Iron Man. I have this problem where if I choose one or two of those paths, I end up wanting to collect everything in another path to make my read-a-thon feel more "full".

I hope one day they can properly consolidate all the X-material into several omni's like the cosmic saga but thats kind've wishful thinking as theres just so much material across so many series and runs. The Iron Man/Thor/Hulk(in OHC)/Avengers material I can see ending up pretty complete considering how fast Marvel has been pumping out those fat trades lately.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 08-20-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Around $50
    That is a good price.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    This is from a reviewer Michael on Amazon.com so all credit to him.
    Can't check if it's correct as I haven't open mine yet.
    Anyone who wants to confirm please do.

For the meat of this review I've included how all the issues are ordered; this has also been confirmed as the "Hickman approved order." I've triple checked it and can confidently say this is how it's ordered in the book, despite the creator credits in the front compacting so many issues together.

A 1-3
    NA 1-3
    A 4-5
    NA 4-6
    A 6-13
    NA 7
    A 14-17
    (The Infinity part of "Free Comic Book Day 2013: Infinity 1" is part of Infinity 1, so IDK why that's included in the contents.)
    Infinity 1
    NA 8-9
    A 18
    Infinity 2
    NA 10
    A 19
    Infinity 3
    A 20
    Infinity 4
    A 21
    NA 11
    Infinity 5
    A 22-23
    Infinity 6
    NA 12
    Infinity: Against The Tide 1-2 (A note, while Infinity was going on the first part of this was after Infinity 1, the second after Infinity 3. I can't say where it's best read but it's amazing that it was even included considering it's the only thing in the book not written by Hickman, instead done by Jason Latour.)
    Covers and sketches
    Shang-Chi: Master Of Kung-Fu (This and Mojoworld are some early, standalone stories Hickman did in his first years at Marvel. Not relevant to this Avengers run but some fun backmatter.)
    Mojoworld 1-6
    Wow thanks for the link I appreciate it, I might even consider grabbing it now. I wonder of theyll even do a second with those numbers though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    People more qualified than me have already given you some pretty good advice, so I don't have much to add.
    But I just want to say I'm also attempting the same thing and it's kinda frustrating/daunting.

The event stuff is okay, I just really need the House of M OHC set and either the rest of the CW OHCs(have Spider-man), or just get the box(which would be easier).
    The X-men material for that era is all over the place though. There's a lot of good stuff thats not collected in OHC, and some not even in fat trades. I restrict my purchases to just those two types of books so I can maintain some uniformity. But you're going to have to include Prem HCs or thin trades, or just cut out the X-men stuff completely except for event books or ones you really want. Easiest way, like what others have said, is to seperate the different chronologies. 1.Events 2.Avengers/Young Avengers 3.X-men 4.Hulk 5. Thor 6.Iron Man. I have this problem where if I choose one or two of those paths, I end up wanting to collect everything in another path to make my read-a-thon feel more "full".

I hope one day they can properly consolidate all the X-material into several omni's like the cosmic saga but thats kind've wishful thinking as theres just so much material across so many series and runs. The Iron Man/Thor/Hulk(in OHC)/Avengers material I can see ending up pretty complete considering how fast Marvel has been pumping out those fat trades lately.
    Yes, this era's X-Titles are woefully incomplete compared to Avengers and I think it was one of the best eras! Just from an "Uncanny" perspective, the Brubaker-Fraction-Gillen run was fantastic, then you had Carey over on Legacy and easily omnibus-able New Mutants, X-Force and Cable runs. I had a go at wish-listing my Omnibus for the era, but Krisis' suggestions outdid my own. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I agree, this material is amongst my most-wanted omnibus books!
    I think I've left out a few little mini-things and one-shots (Serve and Protect, for sure), but otherwise this would be a mega-solid collection of the core threads of the period.

New Mutants: Regenesis
    (-nfernus #1-4, New Mutants #1-11, 15-21, 25-50, Exiled #1, JITM #637-638. Age of X doesn't really have too much impact on this title compared to Legacy and Carey wrote all of the crossover issues, so it's better there. Plus, X-Infernus is a good prologue and explains why Magik is there)

Uncanny X-Men: Endangered Species (I could also see the argument for splitting this into "Manifest Destiny" vs. "by Matt Fraction")
    (UXM #487-491 & 495-512 + Annual 2 + All of Endangered Species (about 6 effective issues) and Messiah Complex (13 issues), plus material from Divided We Stand (2008) #1-2, X-Men: Manifest Destiny (2008) #1-5, FCBD, Nightcrawler #1, Eternals #7-9, Runaways #10)

Uncanny X-Men: Second Coming
    (Basically, Utopia (364 pages) + Nation X (360 pages) + Second Coming (392 pages) + Second Coming: Revelations (208 pages) = 1324 pages, which is still a hair under Marvel's biggest omni, and would be a massively satisfying read.)

Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen (let's lean into his hotness with fans at the moment, eh?)
    (UXM #526-544, 534.1 & Ann3, UXM #1-20, Heroic Age: X-Men, X-Men: Regenesis, Generation Hope #1-12, Steve Rogers: Super Soldier Annual 1, Namor Annual 1. I'm not sure you could squeeze in AvX: Consequences. You don't actually need Schism to understand what's happening here, especially with the GenHope Schism issues.)

Wolverine by Jason Aaron Vol. 2
    (Wolverine (2010) #1-20, 5.1, & 300-304, plus Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1-6, X-Men: Schism #1-5 (bonus that's not in the complete collections!), and material from Wolverine: Road to Hell)

X-Force by Kyle & Yost
    (Just the pair of X-Force OHCs + X-Force Necrosha material; easy)

X-Men by Mike Carey, Vol. 1
    (X-Men #188-204 & Annual 1, Secret Invasion: X-Men #1-4, X-Men Legacy #208-225, Wolverine: Origins #28-30, X-Men Original Sin, and maybe material from X-Men: Pixies and Demons - Director's Cut (2008), X-Men: Divided We Stand (2008) #1-2, and X-Men: Manifest Destiny (2008) #1-5. Most X-books break best around Second Coming, but this book has a better break with Rogue gaining control of her powers.)

X-Men by Mike Carey, Vol. 2
    (#226-234, 238-260, Giant-Size X-Men Legacy, Age of X: Alpha, New Mutants #22-24, and Age of X: Universe #1-2 - yes, I'd include the pair of Utopia issues and the Necrosha issues, they work fine on their own. We could also pad this with X-Men Origins: Beast (2008), X-Men Origins: Gambit (2009), Wolverine: Firebreak (2008), and X-Men: No More Humans OHC)

X-Men: Regenesis OHC
    (X-Club #1-4, Magneto: Not a Hero #1-4, Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega #1-5, Generation X #13-17 - you could even include the garbage dump of Prelude to Schism #1-4, if you're feeling malicious, and also Pixie Strikes Back #1-4, Psylocke #1-4, and any other Heroic>AvX era minis or one-shots I'm forgetting just for solid coverage of the period.)
    My only addition would be a Cable: Hope Omnibus too - it rolls off the pages of Messiah Complex, onto the pages of Second Coming, with a nice X-Force crossover in the middle and a possible Deadpool-centric epilogue to finish as a bonus. Some of these could be well timed next year with 3 X-Movies!

Thats one solid list. I wonder where the New X-men/Academy X material would fit in all that. There's some pre-Messiah Complex X-material thats also worth collecting.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Thats one solid list. I wonder where the New X-men/Academy X material would fit in all that. There's some pre-Messiah Complex X-material thats also worth collecting.
    That would be 2 volumes directly preceding this proposed collection.
    Volume 1 would run up to HoM, vol.2 running up to Messiah Complex.