Page 493 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593993 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 20754

I'm not familiar with the material in the Doc Strange omnibus. Any good?
    I was kind of hoping they'd start collecting the second volume (1974) that ran 81 issues.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm not familiar with the material in the Doc Strange omnibus. Any good?
    I was kind of hoping they'd start collecting the second volume (1974) that ran 81 issues.
    The Doc MMW are already halfway through the 1974 series; maybe they're waiting to complete it in that format before starting another...?

As for the Sorcerer Supreme series, it's what made me a fan. I love it. However I might skip the omni, as it's going to be a pretty disjointed read.

The early issues pick up from Peter Gillis' previous Strange Tales series, so they might not make much sense unless you've read that book; they're collected in an OOP (yet still easily found) trade from a few years ago. There's a couple stand alone arcs in the middle, and then the back end is a lot of "Infinity Gauntlet" tie-ins already available in that particular omni. So while I'm super excited that this stuff is seeing reprint, YMMV...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The Doc MMW are already halfway through the 1974 series; maybe they're waiting to complete it in that format before starting another...?

As for the Sorcerer Supreme series, it's what made me a fan. I love it. However I might skip the omni, as it's going to be a pretty disjointed read.

The early issues pick up from Peter Gillis' previous Strange Tales series, so they might not make much sense unless you've read that book; they're collected in an OOP (yet still easily found) trade from a few years ago. There's a couple stand alone arcs in the middle, and then the back end is a lot of "Infinity Gauntlet" tie-ins already available in that particular omni. So while I'm super excited that this stuff is seeing reprint, YMMV...
    Ah, OK thanks. I might have to look for some of the MMWs. I did read some of the Gauntlet crossovers and didn't really think much of them. That compounded with having to grab the Gillis stuff I guess will put this as a pass for me.

Thanks for the heads up tho on the MMWs.

Your insight is always appreciated.

BANNED

Just got War of The Kings Omnibus. I'm really excited about it, can't wait for it to arrive but i will probably read it once the all 3 of the omnibuses are released because for some reason what's suppose to be the first omnibus -The Road to War of The Kings will be published as the last omni... so i will wait for it, then i will start to read from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Just got War of The Kings Omnibus. I'm really excited about it, can't wait for it to arrive but i will probably read it once the all 3 of the omnibuses are released because for some reason what's suppose to be the first omnibus -The Road to War of The Kings will be published as the last omni... so i will wait for it, then i will start to read from it.
    Im angry I bought the GoG omni, what a waste of money. Should of waited for the war of king omnis

Ah, OK thanks. I might have to look for some of the MMWs. I did read some of the Gauntlet crossovers and didn't really think much of them. That compounded with having to grab the Gillis stuff I guess will put this as a pass for me.

Thanks for the heads up tho on the MMWs.

Your insight is always appreciated.
    If I never read any of these, is this Omni worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    That's what I'm going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    If I never read any of these, is this Omni worth picking up?
    Se SJNeal's response up above. He seemed to like the series but felt the way the omnibus will be collected is a little disjointed.

That's what I'm going to do.

Se SJNeal's response up above. He seemed to like the series but felt the way the omnibus will be collected is a little disjointed.
    I didn't really understand what he said. Thanks for the summary. Maybe they'll fix the ordering closer to release. It seems like a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So I just finshed hickmans avengers/NA through secret wars.(I read the first half years ago digitally) and was very very impressed. Although I think secret wars should of been longer, it just seems so rushed for something of that magnitude going on. And that ending, wished it had explained more. Do the secret wars mini series explain more of whats going on? I think I remember you guys saying only the Thor mini was semi-important and the rest was just meh. Either way, definitely one of my favorite marvel stories ever.

Now on to secret warriors. Hope it lives up to Avengers and his FF!.

And I just counted, out of my 80 or so collected editions I only have about 15 I havnt read yet. I gotta start buying more!! At one time I stopped buying to catch up on my reading, now that i'm almost there i'm getting worried that I will run out of stuff to read! I need to buy buy buy!
    Make sure you get his Ultimates run with Ribic
    We need better comics

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Make sure you get his Ultimates run with Ribic
    I'm surprised this isn't an OHC yet - everything else Hickman has done is in oversized format.
    Haven't read it yet, but have been wanting to.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER:

Collecting AVENGERS (2012) #1-23, NEW AVENGERS (2013) #1-12, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013 (INFINITY) #1, INFINITY #1-6, INFINITY: AGAINST THE TIDE INFINITE COMIC #1-2, ASTONISHING TALES: MOJOWORLD #1-6 and material from SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU (2009) #1.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Im angry I bought the GoG omni, what a waste of money. Should of waited for the war of king omnis
    Don't feel so bad bro, you can always sell it and get in to War of The Kings Omnibuses ? or if you don't have the selling option then i'm not much of a optimist but look at the bright side, you can read The GoG omni as a whole without the interruption of other War of The Kings tie in issues or stories. That's a different experince.
    Last edited by Batarang; 12-21-2016 at 03:25 AM.

DOCTOR STRANGE SORCERER SUPREME OMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover by GENE COLAN:

Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME #1-40 and GHOST RIDER (1990) #12.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: THE CLONE CONSPIRACY OHC Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO:

Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2015) #19-24, THE CLONE CONSPIRACY #1-5, THE CLONE CONSPIRACY: OMEGA 1, SILK (2015B) #14-17, PROWLER (2016) #1-5 and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CAPTAIN AMERICA) #1.