Page 100 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 5090969798991001011021031041101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Finally got Hawkeye Volume 2, and read the Christmas special issue for the second time. Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the worst issues there ever read? How the hell did this thing get published?
    The whole second volume sucked for the most part. I went on a rants about it a few pages back. I enjoyed the first volume, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The whole second volume sucked for the most part. I went on a rants about it a few pages back. I enjoyed the first volume, tho.
    And for those of us reading it in floppies it took twice as long to get that shitty second half, including a year for the last four issues.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yeah, I loved the first volume too, aside from. Pizza Dog (Which was a cool idea that really didn't deserve 22 pages to explore). I read some of the Kate stuff as it was coming out, and while it wasn't as good as what came before, it wasn't this bad. I think they gave Fraction a bit to much freedom with this. Hopefully the Clint stuff recovers somewhat. It definitely seems better from what I've skimmed.
    Cyclops was right

Im curious about the cover and spine uniformity of the new Secret Wars paperbacks. Is there a theme or even a house of m style graphic on the spines? Has anyone been getting them?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Im curious about the cover and spine uniformity of the new Secret Wars paperbacks. Is there a theme or even a house of m style graphic on the spines? Has anyone been getting them?
    As I am insane and buy EVERYTHING I can answer your question. Almost all of the volumes have either a "Battle Zones" or "War Zones" logo on the cover along with a small "Secret Wars" logo, however this does not carry over to the spines where there is not any logo distinguishing that the volume is a "Secret Wars" title. Some (but not all) do have a "Battle World" or "War Zone" logo on the spine. Furthermore three of the these (OLD MAN LOGAN, A-FORCE, WEIRD WORLD) have a "0" on the spine, apparently designating them as the "Zero" volume for the upcoming ongoing series of those three titles. Which leaves me to wonder where to shelve them. With the rest of the secret wars books, or with the upcoming volumes of the new series? Marvel seems intent on making obsessive fans lives more difficult.

Spectacular Member

Plus the spines are black, so they directly contrast with the Marvel Now TPBs (white spines) that came before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    As I am insane and buy EVERYTHING I can answer your question. Almost all of the volumes have either a "Battle Zones" or "War Zones" logo on the cover along with a small "Secret Wars" logo, however this does not carry over to the spines where there is not any logo distinguishing that the volume is a "Secret Wars" title. Some (but not all) do have a "Battle World" or "War Zone" logo on the spine. Furthermore three of the these (OLD MAN LOGAN, A-FORCE, WEIRD WORLD) have a "0" on the spine, apparently designating them as the "Zero" volume for the upcoming ongoing series of those three titles. Which leaves me to wonder where to shelve them. With the rest of the secret wars books, or with the upcoming volumes of the new series? Marvel seems intent on making obsessive fans lives more difficult.
    I'd keep them with the Secret Wars tie-ins as that is what they are. Just because they are technically preludes to new main series' doesn't change the fact they are a part of the Secret Wars stuff. The only trade from that stuff I'm considering is Old Man Logan because of the art and I imagine I'm going to like whatever Lemire and Sorrentino cook up being a fan of their GA and a Wolverine fan. I'm not even sure that I'm going to get the SW hardcover even though I've enjoyed the event.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    What did you think of The Order?
    Have it, but haven't read it yet! You're the first person in the universe I've ever heard mention it.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Have it, but haven't read it yet! You're the first person in the universe I've ever heard mention it.
    I've only read the first half, but I really enjoyed it.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

The Order from a decade or so ago? Its good, but nothing memorable. Ends abruptly due to it being cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Plus the spines are black, so they directly contrast with the Marvel Now TPBs (white spines) that came before.
    Cool, thanks.

I may be weird but I actually am fine with a divide in colour between the Now "era" (for lack of a better word) and Secret Wars. I like sets of books and runs, but when a major shift or event happens a change in design is welcome for me. Not a one off like Daredevil by bendis 2, that is actually a personal hell, but a line change. Maybe ANAD marvel will have a whole new design.

I kind of wish Valiant would change their OHC spines after Book of Death. They NEED a spine change.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Where do you all get your Marvel GN's and TPB's? Do you buy them for full cover price when they're released or do you have some tips and tricks for getting a good deal or some special sites that have great deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Maybe ANAD marvel will have a whole new design.
    The ANAD spines are pretty much the same as the Secret Wars spines only white instead of black. At least, I am assuming so based on Silk Vol 0 and Spider-Gwen Vol 0.

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Where do you all get your Marvel GN's and TPB's? Do you buy them for full cover price when they're released or do you have some tips and tricks for getting a good deal or some special sites that have great deals?
    Amazon for everything for me!
    Last edited by mooch; 01-11-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Fantastic Member

If you are in the U.S.A the best choices are either Cheap Graphic Novels or In Stock Trades. Both offer up to 50% off new trades and hardcovers the week of release (CGN is 50% off all new Marvel/Dc books the week of release). CGN has a flat shipping rate of $7.99 per order. IST has free shipping on all orders over $50. I have had great service from both, but many posting on this board seem to favor IST. I go more for CGN, I usually get a slightly higher discount and they have a wider selection of "out of print" books. Also searching on CGN is much easier. They both beat the heck out of AMAZON for price and packing. Amazon is somewhat notorious for delivering damaged books.

There's no reason you should ever pay cover price for a new book on the internet. All new books are usually between 30-60% off cover.