Page 805 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3057057557958018028038048058068078088098158559051305 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I may be retarded, but do the results of this poll actually help a book coming to reality?

I am thoroughly confused, but the excitement about this poll leads me to question my intelligence.
    There is no way to say if this poll has any influence or not. There are Marvel Collected Edition Department employees who frequent the MMW boards where this is "home based", but the behind the scenes processes stay behind the scenes. It's mostly just a fun exercise for those of us who are active on the boards.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

OK, thanks. The enthusiasm regarding this made me think it MIGHT be official, but wasn’t sure. It is fun to see what others want.

I would go for ..

1. Uncanny X-Men
    6. FF SA Vol 4
    11. Thunderbolts by Busiek
    13. Avengers by Stern v1
    36. ASM by MICHELINIE and BAGLEY
    41. Fantastic Four (heroes return)

Maybe...
    7. Conan the Barbarian
    17. (Tie) Infinity War
    48. Sub-Mariner SA Vol 1
    59. INVINCIBLE IRON MAN BY MATT FRACTION

My list was..
    1. Thunderbolts by Busiek
    2. Fantastic Four (heroes return)
    3. ASM by MICHELINIE and BAGLEY
    4. FF SA Vol 4
    5. Avengers by Stern v1
    6. Sub-Mariner SA Vol 1
    7. The Thing (1980s series)
    8. The Spectacular Spider-Ham
    9. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4
    10. Infinity War

I’d buy #1 and #43... I’m more into Epics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I find it interesting that for the MMW-port omnibuses, a lot made the list for the next volume (uncanny, ASM, Hulk, Dr Strange, FF, Cap, Avengers), a few others did not: Mainly Thor and Iron Man. Now Thor just had a volume, so I guess everyone's okay with a break, but it's interesting how there's been no movement on an IM omnibus for literally YEARS. The argument of "he doesn't have a movie coming out" is somewhat valid, but it hasn't stopped other titles from still getting an omni here or there, plus IM has been IN several movies that just didn't say "Iron Man" on the title card.

I realize some of the early IM stuff is kinda rough to get through, but like in the MMWs, you have to get through the rough to get to better stuff.

I wonder if part of this is the fact that IM omnibuses vols 1 + 2 have BOTH been OOP for a looooong time and go for way-too-high prices on aftermarket - could that have killed all interest in the omnibuse line continuing? Everyone's just okay to go the MMW and/or Epic route from here on out?
    I voted for Thor. Surprised it didn't make the list. I know 70's Thor is not considered the best of Thor and Kirby only makes it to Vol 3 (Which I love btw). I just ordered all the MMWs (need to find 12 somewhere) because I want to continue into 70's Thor. There is also no guarantee that Thor will get another volume (or it could be a while looking at IM and Incredible Hulk as examples). Another reason why I picked up the MMW's while most are still available at regular price.

Mighty Member

Has Marvel ever said anything about whether or not Spectacular Spider-man will ever get the Epic Collection treatment (or just generally get any kind of semi-focused collection treatment)? The title seems criminally under-collected - The Owl-Octopus War, the Black Cat/Spider-man relationship stories afterwards, Tombstone v2, and DeMatteis's run are all basically uncollected (a couple issues of DeMatteis's run in Son of the Goblin, a bit of BC/SM in Alien Costume Saga).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Has Marvel ever said anything about whether or not Spectacular Spider-man will ever get the Epic Collection treatment (or just generally get any kind of semi-focused collection treatment)? The title seems criminally under-collected - The Owl-Octopus War, the Black Cat/Spider-man relationship stories afterwards, Tombstone v2, and DeMatteis's run are all basically uncollected (a couple issues of DeMatteis's run in Son of the Goblin, a bit of BC/SM in Alien Costume Saga).
    There is a masterwork vol 1 for spectacular spider man.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    There's a decent stretch of SSM in the Stern omnibus too, but I agree - would love to see an organized approach to getting this series reprinted in its entirety (or reasonably close). MMW v1 was a hugely encouraging development but comes with the all the limitations of MMW's slow, strictly sequential publishing schedule. Will be more hopeful once we see v2 announced, setting a precedent for frequency of subsequent volumes. With the Homecoming followup next year, if SSM v2 doesn't happen as a tie-in, that would not bode well for the future of SSM in MMW. Would actually love to see SSM debut as a new Epic Collection series. If Marvel can do it for MTIO, they can certainly do the same for SSM, right?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    There's a decent stretch of SSM in the Stern omnibus too, but I agree - would love to see an organized approach to getting this series reprinted in its entirety (or reasonably close). MMW v1 was a hugely encouraging development but comes with the all the limitations of MMW's slow, strictly sequential publishing schedule. Will be more hopeful once we see v2 announced, setting a precedent for frequency of subsequent volumes. With the Homecoming followup next year, if SSM v2 doesn't happen as a tie-in, that would not bode well for the future of SSM in MMW. Would actually love to see SSM debut as a new Epic Collection series. If Marvel can do it for MTIO, they can certainly do the same for SSM, right?
    I thought West Coast Avengers was also a good sign for a possible SSM epic collection run - it's another secondary title that ran concurrently with a main title. The MMW format is not my cup of tea, so I hadn't noticed there was a SSM collection, but that's cool. Partly, I really want to read the Black Cat stuff that runs concurrent w/the ASM portions of the Stern Omni, partly my collection OCD really hates having Tombstone v1 without a v2 next to it. Either way, I'd love to see more SSM collections.

I have a feeling the ASM epic releases in 2019 will be contain either or both of Gang War and Inferno (or whatever they title them) to complete the run from 259-360, at which point I'll be both very happy to have that nice run but also content to pick and choose for the rest of the line (I have a feeling that huge gap between Goblin's Last Stand and Ghosts of the Past will remain for awhile - they'll either fill in v4-6 or give us 23 and 24 to get to the Clone Epics). That'd be a great time to run some SSM epics (well, for me at least)
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 04-22-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I believe it's inevitable we'll get PPTSSM in Epic Collections. It's only a matter of time as the Epics have proved very popular and Spider-Man is Marvel's top selling character. I picked up the MMW, and I'm hoping for more to come. I don't see an Omnibus on the horizon for a couple of years yet. They would need to get a few MMWs and Epics out first.

Spectacular Member

That second year of Peter Parker is not much to write home about. THe first year has that interesting Vulture and Hitman battle and some decent one off stories. If it goes 15 issues though you will get to that Carrion story in the late 20's that is pretty good and not insignificant to the Spider-man mythos.

Marvel started these secondary titles really with no agenda other than making money. Both Peter Parker and Web had a shuffling creative team and some pretty forgetable stories for their first twenty issues. Web I would argue was the weakest Spider-man title unless you were a huge Saviuk fan. Least eventually Peter Parker had an identity ---Amazing was core cast and Daily Bugle, Peter Parker was Empire State university and Deb WHitman. Web never had anything like that.
    trying to be nicer

This was my Top Ten for the Most Wanted Omnibuses (final position in brackets if charted):

1. Daredevil by Denny O’Neill, Klaus Janson, David Mazzucchelli & Others (DD #192-218, #220-225, Marvel Fanfare #27, MTU #140-141, Moon Knight #13 & any other relevant Marvel Fanfare & MTU appearances)

2. Captain America (Silver Age) Vol. 3 (#149-192, Annuals) (40)

3. Amazing Spider-Man by Tom DeFalco (#251-285, Annuals) (44)

4. Daredevil (Silver Age) Vol. 2 (45)

5. Iron Fist (Marvel Premiere #15-25, Iron Fist #1-15, MTU #63-64 and any relevant MCP & MTU appearances)

6. Iron Man by David Michelinie Vol. 2 (#216-250, Annuals 8,9) (16)

7. Wolverine Vol. 2 (#11-31, Annuals, MCP appearances & other mini-series) (8)

8. Golden Age Captain America Vol. 2 (#13-24)

9. Captain Britain & Marvel UK (Captain Britain & MI 13 #1-15, Annual #1, Revolutionary War Parts 1-8, Excalibur: Sword of Power #1-4)

10. Spider-Man: The Clone Saga Vol. 3

And these are the ones I would most likely pick up from the Top 60:

3. Amazing Spider-Man SA Vol 4
    5. Hulk PAD Vol 1
    6. FF SA Vol 4
    8. Wolverine Vol 2
    12. Daredevil by Nocenti v1
    13. Avengers by Stern v1
    16. Iron Man by Michelinie v2
    17. (Tie) Spider-Man by DeMatteis
    17. (Tie) Infinity War
    21. AVENGERS VOLUME 4
    22. MOON KNIGHT v1
    28. SILVER SURFER by ENGELHART
    30. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN
    31. ASM by JMS v1
    32. New Avengers v2
    33. ASM by Slott v1
    36. ASM by MICHELINIE and BAGLEY
    38. WOLVERINE by LARRY HAMA
    40. Silver Age Cap v3
    41. Fantastic Four (heroes reborn)
    44. ASM by DeFalco
    45. Daredevil v2
    56. AVENGERS WEST COAST V4
    59. INVINCIBLE IRON MAN BY MATT FRACTION

And these that just missed the Top 60:

Captain America by Mark Gruenwald
    Marvel Team-Up
    Scarlet Spider by Yost

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Posted over in the Most Wanted Thread as well but...

1. Uncanny X-Men vol.4

6. FF SA Vol 4

19. SA Incredible Hulk v2

22. MOON KNIGHT v1

32. New Avengers v2

45. Daredevil Silver Age v2
    Six of my 10 made the list this year. I also voted for Darkhawk vol.1 which just barely didn't make the cut a prior post told us.
    What were my other 3 that I voted for?
    10 - Deathlok (Luthor Manning) Omni: 23 issues Astonishing Tales('75) 25-28, 30-32; Marvel Spotlight('77) #33; Marvel Team-Up('76) #46; Captain America('83) #286-289; Marvel 2in1('77) #26-28, 32, 34, 54; All New Invaders('14) #8-11
    9 - Punisher vol.1: 80s ongoing, this picks up from the 'Back to the War' omni from last year
    2 - Invincible Iron Man Silver Age vol. 3
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

I've gotten to the point where I feel like most of the classic, applauded 80s and earlier runs have been collected, aside from mostly Stern's Avengers & Dr. Strange and Gruenwald's Captain America. All of those would be at least two volumes each, and while I would probably buy them, I don't really see Marvel putting them out. Although they have done two volume Omnis released within a year of each other recently, Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme and Spider-Man: the Clone Saga, but they are both mostly 90's material.

At this point for anything pre-late-90s I'd really only pick up the next volumes in the few Silver Age lines I collect, most of which would probably be Bronze Age material by now, anything X-Men related, or one and done books. For longer runs/series I'm all in on the Epic Collections because we at least know that some day the whole series will be collected, may be 10 or 15 years, but it will eventually be done. With Omnis there is no guarantee and second or third volume will ever be released; there are so many orphaned Vol. 1s. Series that can be done in a single Omni are also very appealing.

All that being said, these are what I'd probably buy:

1. Uncanny X-Men
    2. New Mutants Vol 1
    3. Amazing Spider-Man SA Vol 4
    4. Excalibur Vol 1
    6. FF SA Vol 4
    8. Wolverine Vol 2
    9. X-Factor PAD 2006
    10. MiracleMan
    11. Thunderbolts by Busiek
    12. Daredevil by Nocenti v1
    14. Thor by Aaron v1