Page 1015 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 1551591596510051011101210131014101510161017101810191025 ... LastLast
Results 15,211 to 15,225 of 15763
  1. #15211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    According to Diamond's Preview site, Marvel has already gone back to print on the DD by Bendis & Maleev Vol 1 Omnibus re-issue that was only released last month. I don't think I've seen a Marvel omnibus go back for a second printing so quickly before.
    Yeah that explains why 1st and cheapgraphicnovels got new stock this week. It took that Near mint condition dude to tell Marvel to reprint this stuff too - they were just sitting on money for so long and letting people make a killing on the 2nd market for years.

    Theres some true heavy hitter omni reprints coming out soon like Ultimates, Whedons Astonishing, and Remender's Uncanny Xforce. Best to jump on them quick but Marvel looks like they will reprint quickly if there is demand.
    Are you watching DC comics?
    Currently Reading:
    BPRD Omnis, Berserk Deluxe Editions, Hickman's X-Men, Bendis' Daredevil, Morrison's New X-Men, Vertigo Hellblazer trades
    Current issues of Savage Dragon and Spawn.

  2. #15212
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    According to Diamond's Preview site, Marvel has already gone back to print on the DD by Bendis & Maleev Vol 1 Omnibus re-issue that was only released last month. I don't think I've seen a Marvel omnibus go back for a second printing so quickly before.
    I don't know if it could be related, but I pre-ordered the omnibus in Amazon UK months ago, and they haven't sent it yet. I have the feeling that for some reason they didn't get the stock they expected or something like that. Maybe the printing was much shorter than expected

  3. #15213
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Yeah that explains why 1st and cheapgraphicnovels got new stock this week. It took that Near mint condition dude to tell Marvel to reprint this stuff too - they were just sitting on money for so long and letting people make a killing on the 2nd market for years.

    Theres some true heavy hitter omni reprints coming out soon like Ultimates, Whedons Astonishing, and Remender's Uncanny Xforce. Best to jump on them quick but Marvel looks like they will reprint quickly if there is demand.
    Are you watching DC comics?
    In fairness, DC is pretty good at keeping things in print, typically more so than Marvel. For example, the Planetary Omnibus is on a 7th print I think. The Geoff Johns GL Omnis have all gone to a third print, and some are on a fourth print. DC's issue is putting books into print in the first place

  4. #15214
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Just watched a near mint condition video and saw that they are reprinting and expanding The Eternals Omnibus. Along with a few other Omni announcements. Definitely really cool that they add more things to be printed instead of taking them away.

  5. #15215
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    From the new collected editions itīs the reprint of Uncanny X-Men#1 Omnibus and the Infinity Saga Omnibus that i will add to my wishlist of books to buy.
    The Acts of of Vengeance:Marvel Universe TPB and the previous TPB featuring the Avengers stories i will be buying as well because that means that with those two TPB i will have almost all the stories in the two Acts of Vengeance Omnibuses (One of them is even OOP),the main stories missing from the these two new TPBīS are X-men stories but they are collected in other Omnibuses as the X-men by Chris Clameront and Jim Lee Omnibus.
    I started collecting the new Doctor Strange comic book and the first issue by Mark Waid and Kev Walker was awesome so that will be a comic book i will be rather reading in single issues that collected editions.

  6. #15216
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    60

    Default

    How good are the other Infinity Omnibus compared to Infinity Gauntlet? Are they as good as Infinity Gauntlet?

  7. #15217
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    How good are the other Infinity Omnibus compared to Infinity Gauntlet? Are they as good as Infinity Gauntlet?
    Dunno.I have not read them.
    I kept adding the new stories by Jim Starlin in my wish list but i have not read them yet.
    Itīs cool to have all those new Infinity stories collected in a Omnibus because i am a fan of Jim Starlin and cosniderating how i liked all those cosmic stories writen by him as the first Thanos stories or the Infinity trilogy of the 90īs i am guessing the new stories are good stories as well.

  8. #15218
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    How good are the other Infinity Omnibus compared to Infinity Gauntlet? Are they as good as Infinity Gauntlet?
    I will assume you're asking about story contents - Infinity War is a solid follow up (but it's missing the first Infinity Watch arc which is an important bridge between Gauntlet and War). The doppelganger tie-ins vary, but have some high points.

    I thought Infinity Crusade kinda sucked.

    Thanos War was awesome. Lots of stuff in that collection. Trippy Adam Warlock, big Captain Marvel arc, Death of Captain Marvel. Fun stuff

    If Infinity Saga (the new one, haven't seen contents yet) is the 6 OGNs plus interstitial content, it's solid. I thought the first half was better than the second, but it was a very fitting finale for Starlin's time in the cosmic Marvel universe
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  9. #15219
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Just watched a near mint condition video and saw that they are reprinting and expanding The Eternals Omnibus. Along with a few other Omni announcements. Definitely really cool that they add more things to be printed instead of taking them away.
    In their video, they point out that the Eternals omnibus is not just a reprint. It has additional content with the 1980a 12 issue mini and some other guest appearances.

  10. #15220
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Can someone explain where the upcoming Infinity Saga omnibus fits in relation to the Thanos Wars and three Infinity Gauntlet Omni trilogy. When did Starlin write this? Is this almost like a companion and exploring those characters and stories further? I wouldn’t want to get it if it’s just rehashing things already covered in the other four omnis. Thanks in advance for your responses.

  11. #15221
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Can someone explain where the upcoming Infinity Saga omnibus fits in relation to the Thanos Wars and three Infinity Gauntlet Omni trilogy. When did Starlin write this? Is this almost like a companion and exploring those characters and stories further? I wouldn’t want to get it if it’s just rehashing things already covered in the other four omnis. Thanks in advance for your responses.
    We don't know the contents yet. Unless it's a weird mash up omni (like that IG/Hickman Infinity one), it will most likely be the recent OGNs - Infinity Siblings, Infinity Conflict, Infinity Ending, Infinity Finale, Infinity Revelation, Infinity Relativity - and the interstitial material - Infinity Entity and Thanos vs Hulk 4-issue minis and Thanos Annual 1.

    The only other real possibility would be Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 (plus maybe some non-Starlin Thanos stuff?).

    As to placement, after Infinity Crusade there were a number of stories not by Starlin (Thanos vs Thor, Cosmic Powers, etc). Then Starlin wrote Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 (Abyss kind of cleans up some of the poor characterization Starlin perceived in the other stories). The OGNs I mentioned above come after all of that (and are kind of apart from the rest of the Marvel Universe) - they're Thanos, Adam Warlock, and a cast of other cosmic characters doing kind of trippy high end cosmic adventures.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  12. #15222
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    We don't know the contents yet. Unless it's a weird mash up omni (like that IG/Hickman Infinity one), it will most likely be the recent OGNs - Infinity Siblings, Infinity Conflict, Infinity Ending, Infinity Finale, Infinity Revelation, Infinity Relativity - and the interstitial material - Infinity Entity and Thanos vs Hulk 4-issue minis and Thanos Annual 1.

    The only other real possibility would be Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 (plus maybe some non-Starlin Thanos stuff?).

    As to placement, after Infinity Crusade there were a number of stories not by Starlin (Thanos vs Thor, Cosmic Powers, etc). Then Starlin wrote Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 (Abyss kind of cleans up some of the poor characterization Starlin perceived in the other stories). The OGNs I mentioned above come after all of that (and are kind of apart from the rest of the Marvel Universe) - they're Thanos, Adam Warlock, and a cast of other cosmic characters doing kind of trippy high end cosmic adventures.
    Thanks that helps a lot. So, to confirm everything in the infinity saga omnibus should be read after infinity crusade?

  13. #15223
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Thanks that helps a lot. So, to confirm everything in the infinity saga omnibus should be read after infinity crusade?
    Presuming the contents is one of the two I listed (OGNs or Abyss/The End), then yes, after Crusade
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  14. #15224
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Just watched a near mint condition video and saw that they are reprinting and expanding The Eternals Omnibus. Along with a few other Omni announcements. Definitely really cool that they add more things to be printed instead of taking them away.
    I'm thinking of picking it up. Has anyone read any of the two runs and would care to comment?

  15. #15225
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Presuming the contents is one of the two I listed (OGNs or Abyss/The End), then yes, after Crusade
    Thank you for the responses. Will definitely have to get this one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •