Page 877 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3777778278678738748758768778788798808818879279771377 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,155 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The GotG family of Omnis looking good together. One more of the original team incoming as well next year!
    GOTG .jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Tempted by the Clone Saga omnibuses.

Is it understandable without having read any of the prior Spider-Man issues?
    All you need to know when they start is Peter is very angry at everything and many years ago he had a clone, created by the Jackal, and he thought both had died.

As to whether or not the rest of it is understandable while you're reading it, your mileage may vary. I really enjoyed the first half of it at the time, but they sort of dug themselves into a plot hole they never really managed to escape from.

I didn't realize the Hellstorm by Warren Ellis Omnibus was just released. I feel kind of bad making a second order in a week with IST (Already made another order on Wednesday), as I'm costing them shipping fees and a box, but it had to be done....I've never read this material by Ellis, and I'm looking forward to it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The GotG family of Omnis looking good together. One more of the original team incoming as well next year!
    GOTG .jpg
    It's just too bad that Bendis volume will be forever orphaned.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

IST 3-day sale on Marvel items

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I didn't realize the Hellstorm by Warren Ellis Omnibus was just released. I feel kind of bad making a second order in a week with IST (Already made another order on Wednesday), as I'm costing them shipping fees and a box, but it had to be done....I've never read this material by Ellis, and I'm looking forward to it.
    Don't feel bad. Marvel released a lot of Omnibuses this week. I am still trying to figure on what I want to order with my McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man omnibus.
    Plus I was kind of hoping the discount jumped to 52% as I am one of the victims of the State tax shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Don't feel bad. Marvel released a lot of Omnibuses this week. I am still trying to figure on what I want to order with my McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man omnibus.
    Plus I was kind of hoping the discount jumped to 52% as I am one of the victims of the State tax shenanigans.
    Me too. I live close to DE, I'm kinda tempted to see if I can open a PO Box there and just automatically forward everything to my house.

Hm...

Spectacular Member

Hey guys, I'm reading Hickman's FF in omnibus for the first time since the issues came out. Millar had written the title just before him, right? Isn't that where Nu-World came from? Where can I find a decent summary of Millar's run without re-reading the whole thing?

And who wrote FF before Millar, and how was it?

The three regular writers before Millar were
    Dwayne McDuffie
    Michael J Straczynski
    Mark Waid

Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo run will come out in December in Omnibus format and
    be collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) 60-70, 500-524, 500 DIRECTOR'S CUT

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    It's just too bad that Bendis volume will be forever orphaned.
    Surely not but we shall see.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Surely not but we shall see.
    Pretty sure's just making fun of how every Bendis Vol 1 omnibus never saw a Volume 2....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Pretty sure's just making fun of how every Bendis Vol 1 omnibus never saw a Volume 2....

Daredevil did. Keep hope alive!! USM 2 is just around the corner! Pretty sure the good Captain knew I was kidding, but at least you can get the rest in OHC if it does get orphaned.
    Last edited by Brewman; 10-07-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Has anybody read or have any opinions on the Duggan GotG omni? Was that a weekly released book or something? Is the art all over the place with a bunch of different artists? Side note, I do expect the Bendis omni is orphaned.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Has anybody read or have any opinions on the Duggan GotG omni? Was that a weekly released book or something? Is the art all over the place with a bunch of different artists? Side note, I do expect the Bendis omni is orphaned.
    It's a great run. I would buy the omni if I didn't get the floppies
    We need better comics

What does orphaned mean?
    I liked the Bendis Galaxy run when I read it in floppies, so I got the omnibus to read over time.
    I was never a fan of the previous stories, actually never really cared for the Guardians
    But I liked the way Bendis voiced them and after he left found the next writers left me
    felling the same way I felt before the Bendis run.