Page 179 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 791291691751761771781791801811821831892292796791179 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 20773
    Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So whats better? Busieks avengers vol 1 omnibus or his ironman omnibus? Ill be picking up one of the 2 on tuesday. I know nothing about the runs or havnt read anything by the writer, but i'm leaning twoards avengers since its oop on ist and CGN still has it.
    Both of these start fresh after Heroes Reborn (I loved Heroes Reborn ). This is the first time the titles re-started with #1s and nothing really noteworthy happened in these collections. I would save my money.

When they re-started with #1s I got Amazing Spider-Man, Peter Parker, Fantastic Four and Thor. Waid's Captain America was good. Avengers had a pretty good Ultron arc didn't it?
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 02-29-2016 at 06:36 AM.

Busiek's Iron Man is one of the best runs on the character. In a lot of ways it's a consolidation of who the character is and should really still be now. A lot of the ideas people love about the films came from the run. Besides all that it's straight up good stories and more people should read it, especially after the shafting Tony's character has gotten since Civil War even in the face of the characters film birthing a multi billion dollar film industry.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Anyone know if Marvel plans on doing a FF volume 1 Omnibus vol 4?
    Lee and Kirby omnis make money, so I would very much expect a FF vol4 (taking us up to 125, finishing off Lee as writer), and I'm very much hoping for Thor vol3 as well (I need the Galactus/Ego stuff in an omnibus).
    I see it like Legion_Quest, the Lee&Kirby material makes money and is a safe&solid seller. Plus, not all of us are mixing formats so we'd love a vol.4 to finish out the run in Omni format. Now it may take Marvel Studios getting the film rights back for a vol.4 to happen but my bet is on it happening some 4yrs+ down the line.

Once that's done and the run is through issue #125 consecutively we can yammer about what the likelihood of getting FF issues #126-214 Omni'd would be. That material would get us up to FF by Byrne vol.1&2 taking us through issue #295, although sadly not consecutively. The Byrne era still would have un-Omni'd material of issues #219 & 222-231.

I'm in the camp of "Omni it all" so I'd take the volumes necessary to fill the gap from #125 through 214 + 219 & 222-231. That's about 94 issues not including any annuals or crossovers. Perhaps about 3 volumes to catch up to Byrne vol.1? I'm so ahead of myself....I think vol.4 will happen.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Hey guys, couple of questions.

What's the earliest IST allows orders on new releases? Will I be able to order books tomorrow that are released on Wed? Obviously looking to buy DD and Elektra omnis.

Also, does IST offer 50% off on all new omnis? I think I read that here.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

IST has their new books up circa 3pm/2pm eastern/central time, work backwards from there if Mountain or Pacific.
    Yes, typically and with few exception are Marvel & DC Omni/OHC/HC 50% off the initial week of release only.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

It seems Marvel has been/will be dropping a lot of their oversized releases at once. There's a lot to look forward to tomorrow on IST but May 4th is going to be colossal.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Iron man is on clearance and gonna be oop very very soon so I would say pick that up then Avengers v1 next since that's still in print.
    I just orderd the iron man on amazon thorugh CGN. Funny becuase its 10$ if you order it from amazon through CGN than if you just get it on CGN. Since i was able to save that 10$ ill be ordering the avengers one tomorrow! So ill be getting both! Hope I like his writing! Many people have said perezs art is worth the buy alone. And hopefully sean chens is good too. Chens is more modern than perez right? I believe that avengers series is from the 90s? and his iron man from 2000s?

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    It seems Marvel has been/will be dropping a lot of their oversized releases at once. There's a lot to look forward to tomorrow on IST but May 4th is going to be colossal.
    OOh man your telling me. I'm most excited for UXM vol 1 omni and Gotham Central omni. Was gonna get the ASM repint also but was able to get it for 50$ on the CGN sale, saving me some money. So far been a good year for me and omni deals!

I just orderd the iron man on amazon thorugh CGN. Funny becuase its 10$ if you order it from amazon through CGN than if you just get it on CGN. Since i was able to save that 10$ ill be ordering the avengers one tomorrow! So ill be getting both! Hope I like his writing! Many people have said perezs art is worth the buy alone. And hopefully sean chens is good too. Chens is more modern than perez right? I believe that avengers series is from the 90s? and his iron man from 2000s?
    no they ran at the same time, there was a crossover involving Krees, that was published in IM, Avengers and Cap as well so there is some minor double dipping with that story.
    Chen's art is a bit more modern but Perez is all around awesome, really dynamic. What makes the story a bit more old school is the writing, it feel bronze age but not in a bad way.
    The most distracting thing about it for me personally is that the book looks modern especially the colouring but reads BA.

Spectacular Member

And April 5th is no slouch either, especially if you need the omni reprints (DD companion and/or AoA) coming out alongside Byrne's MU.

How is age of apocalypse? Worth the purchase? I know before the reprint comming it goes for way over cover price, must be popular.

How is age of apocalypse? Worth the purchase? I know before the reprint comming it goes for way over cover price, must be popular.
    From what I've seen of the storyline, it looks like it'd be worth buying on sale, but I don't know if I'd pay full price for it.

Incredible Member

A lot of people hate it. It goes for stupid money due to the X tax. I am an unabashed x-men fan and have been a completionist with the OHC's, and even I will say that it is not all that good. It reads extremely choppy due to spanning several titles and authors. Also the art in many places is indecipherable, there are panels where you can't exactly tell what the heck is going on. All it really does for ongoing continuity is introduce a couple characters who wind up being pulled into the 616 at the conclusion. So if you are not a die hard X fan who wants the whole shebang in OHC I would say save your money.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Wow wow wow wow wow. CGN shipped my amazon order in under 30 minutes. So we all know they charge 8 for their shipping. On amazon its 3.99 or the fastest shipping rate is 7.99. So if they have your book on amazon through CGN for the same price or cheaper get it from their and pick the more expensive shipping option. They will ship it MUCH faster than normal. Or if you just want the normal shipping just get the 3.99 shipping and save some money. On CGN for the better shipping they want 16$. So with the book being 10 cheaper on amazon than what they had it on CGN plus the diffrience from what they would of charged for the faster shipping I saved 18 dollars!! What a deal, definitely always gonna check amazon first. Even if the book is a few bucks more on amazon it still might be cheaper if you pick normal shipping.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Just wondering how you can tell? On the IST site they list February's past releases and this weeks. Where are you finding upcoming info?

Thanks!