Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If money and space are available I for sure want the 4 Cap Omnis.
    Yes, Raffi I am one of those rolling my eyes over Frank Castle Cosmic Ghost. Really, no Ketch Ghost Rider? I get why no Blaze GR, they are cranking out the MMW.
    It looks like there is a LOT of double dipping going on between the Cosmic Ghost Rider and the Marvel Cosmic by Donny Cates Omnibus as well... from what I can see the only stuff Marvel Cosmic will have in it that isn’t in Cosmic Ghost will be the Death of the Inhumans 1-5 and Silver Surfer Black... I guess this would make the Marvel Cosmic Omnibus even less value on a low value Omni...

March 2021 Solicitations Advance Preview from Omar/NMC

Omnibuses

Predator: The Original Years Omnibus Vol. 1 (July 2021)

Captain America by Rick Remender Omnibus (July 2021) - collects Captain America (2012) #1-25, Winter Soldier: The Bitter March #1-5, All-New Captain America: Fear Him #1-4 & Hail Hydra #1-4

Captain America by Dan Jurgens Omnibus (June 2021) - collects Captain America (1998) #25-50 & Annual 2000-2001 and material from Captain America: The Legend

Captain America Vol. 03 Omnibus (July 2021) - collects Captain America #149-192

Golden Age Captain America Vol. 02 Omnibus (July 2021) - collects Captain America Comics #13-24

Cosmic Ghost Ghost Rider Vol. 01 (July 2021) - collects Thanos (2016) #13-18 & Annual #1, Cosmic Ghost Rider #1-5, Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #1-6, Guardians of the Galaxy (2019) #1-6, Avengers (2018) #22-25 and Revenge of the Cosmic Ghost Rider #1-5; material from Thanos Legacy #1 & Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #3

Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 05 Omnibus - collects Savage Sword of Conan #61-72

Star Wars Legends: The Old Republic Vol. 01 Omnibus (July 2021) - collects [I][B]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #0-50, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - War #1-5 & Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Handbook #1

Omnibus reprints

Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. 02

Oversized

Giant-Sized X-Men: Tribute to Len Wein & Dave Cockrum Gallery Edition HC - collects Giant-Sized X-Men: Tribute to Len Wein & Dave Cockrum & Giant-Sized X-Men #1

Wolverine: Black, Red & Blood Treasury Edition TPB

Marvel Portfolio: Inhyuk Lee

July Masterworks

Captain America Masterworks Vol. 13 - collects Captain America #231-246 & Marvel Premiere #49

Modern TPBs

Captain Marvel Vol. 05: The New World
    Warhammer 40,000: Marneus Calgar
    Fantastic Four Vol. 7: The Forever Gate

Classic TPBs

Conan: The Songs Of The Dead And Other Stories
    X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught Vol. 3
    Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection Vol. 3

Namor, The Sub-Mariner Epic Collection: Enter The Sub-Mariner

Marvel Two-In-One Epic Collection: Cry Monster (New Printing)

Younger Readers

Champions: Worlds Collide GN-TPB
    Disney Kingdoms: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad GN-TPB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5h...rMintCondition
    Last edited by Garuda; 12-07-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Incredible Member

Cool, many thanks, am still working so cannot watch the video

The Remender Cap and Jurgens Cap interest me. Is the Jurgens Cap run the follow-up to Mark Waid's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Cool, many thanks, am still working so cannot watch the video

The Remender Cap and Jurgens Cap interest me. Is the Jurgens Cap run the follow-up to Mark Waid's run?
    Yep, although there's a fill-in by DeFalco & Frenz in Cap #24 which will be orphaned.
    Last edited by Garuda; 12-07-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Mighty Member

Just 57 issues in the KOTOR volume. No big deal.

Don't really get why it's listed as volume 1. There's not a ton of pre-movie era stuff to collect after (Knight Errant, web comics, Jedi vs Sith).
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 12-07-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Yep, although there's a fill-in by DeFalco & Frenz in Cap #24 which will be orphaned.
    Cool, thanks!

Incredible Member

Captain America by Rick Remender Omnibus (July 2021) - collects Captain America (2012) #1-25, Winter Soldier: The Bitter March #1-5, All-New Captain America: Fear Him #1-4 & Hail Hydra #1-4
    Man, why not also include the Sam Wilson Cap series that Remender did with Immonen?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Man, why not also include the Sam Wilson Cap series that Remender did with Immonen?
    I'm guessing the description has an error. The "Fear Him" mini was by Hopeless (though some previews seem to give a co-writing credit to Remender, which may make sense because it was Sam's first series outing as Captain America before Remender did it in earnest).

Previously collected as All-New Captain America, Vol. 1: Hydra Ascendant, All-New Captain America #1-6 is what Remender wrote with Immonen with Sam as Cap that followed Captain America (2012) #1-25 (if you look past that Hopeless "Fear Him" mini). The listing will probably be updated to "All-New Captain America #1-6" and remove "Fear Him."

Hail HYDRA is from the Secret Wars Warzones banner, and the Bucky mini is just that, a Bucky mini-series.

March 2021 Solicitations Advance Preview from Omar/NMC

Omnibuses

Predator: The Original Years Omnibus Vol. 1 (July 2021)

Captain America by Dan Jurgens Omnibus (June 2021) - collects Captain America (1998) #25-50 & Annual 2000-2001 and material from Captain America: The Legend

Captain America Vol. 03 Omnibus (July 2021) - collects Captain America #149-192

Golden Age Captain America Vol. 02 Omnibus (July 2021) - collects Captain America Comics #13-24

Cosmic Ghost Ghost Rider Vol. 01 (July 2021) - collects Thanos (2016) #13-18 & Annual #1, Cosmic Ghost Rider #1-5, Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #1-6, Guardians of the Galaxy (2019) #1-6, Avengers (2018) #22-25 and Revenge of the Cosmic Ghost Rider #1-5; material from Thanos Legacy #1 & Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #3

Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 05 Omnibus - collects Savage Sword of Conan #61-72

Star Wars Legends: The Old Republic Vol. 01 Omnibus (July 2021) - collects [I][B]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #0-50, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - War #1-5 & Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Handbook #1

Omnibus reprints

Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. 02

Oversized

Giant-Sized X-Men: Tribute to Len Wein & Dave Cockrum Gallery Edition HC - collects Giant-Sized X-Men: Tribute to Len Wein & Dave Cockrum & Giant-Sized X-Men #1

Wolverine: Black, Red & Blood Treasury Edition TPB

Marvel Portfolio: Inhyuk Lee

July Masterworks

Captain America Masterworks Vol. 13 - collects Captain America #231-246 & Marvel Premiere #49

Modern TPBs

Captain Marvel Vol. 05: The New World
    Warhammer 40,000: Marneus Calgar
    Fantastic Four Vol. 7: The Forever Gate

Classic TPBs

Conan: The Songs Of The Dead And Other Stories
    X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught Vol. 3
    Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection Vol. 3

Namor, The Sub-Mariner Epic Collection: Enter The Sub-Mariner

Marvel Two-In-One Epic Collection: Cry Monster (New Printing)

Younger Readers

Champions: Worlds Collide GN-TPB
    Disney Kingdoms: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad GN-TPB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5h...rMintCondition
    I don’t watch YouTube videos when a list is more efficient. Thank you.

Too bad there’s nothing for me... hoping for more X-Epic collections or more Defalco FF Epics..

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Whoooaaaah! All the Cap Omnibuses this month plus the Star Wars Old Republic Omnibus. My bank account is going to be seriously depleted as I make my preorders. And I may yet preorder something from DC. I think I'll wait with the GA Cap Vol. 2 Omnibus as I'll probably pick it up once it's released from Booksetc or somewhere as it will likely be cheaper. This is what I did with the GA Marvel Comics Vol. 2 Omni. I prefer the standard covers of the GA Omnibuses anyway - Lee Weeks' on GA Cap Vol. 1 and Kaare Andrews on GA Marvel Comics Vol. 2 were pretty great covers. I usually preorder in order to not miss out on Variant covers plus some of these Marvel Omnibuses are disappearing pretty quickly.

This is very unfortunate, I hope they squeeze it in somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I'm guessing the description has an error. The "Fear Him" mini was by Hopeless (though some previews seem to give a co-writing credit to Remender, which may make sense because it was Sam's first series outing as Captain America before Remender did it in earnest).

Previously collected as All-New Captain America, Vol. 1: Hydra Ascendant, All-New Captain America #1-6 is what Remender wrote with Immonen with Sam as Cap that followed Captain America (2012) #1-25 (if you look past that Hopeless "Fear Him" mini). The listing will probably be updated to "All-New Captain America #1-6" and remove "Fear Him."

Hail HYDRA is from the Secret Wars Warzones banner, and the Bucky mini is just that, a Bucky mini-series.
    I think the Fear Him is correct in that it will be part of the Omnibus. I found it to be a pretty weak story. I believe it was initially a "digital" comic. But I do hope you're right in that the there is an error in the solicitation and they will later include the Remender Immonen 6-issue series. Both mini-series were labelled All-New Captain America.

I'm very glad they didn't forget the Hail Hydra mini-series. This was pretty good and it also, unfortunately, was the last we saw of Ian (Nomad), Cap's son. Did anyone else see him pop up anywhere else?

Also good to see that Cap Vol. 3 will go right up to Cap Kirby Omnibus.

EDIT: Good news! I just checked Omar's video, and the Cap Remender Omnibus includes both Of the All-New Cap mini-series The Fear Him #1-4 and the one with Immonen #1-6.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 12-08-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I dislike orphaned issues such as we are seeing with #24. Having that one issue doesn't take away from the Jurgens centric nature of the Omni. It wouldn't make it false advertising to still bill it as CapAm by Jurgengs.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post

As Raffi said All-New Captain America #1-6 is in the original listing but I missed it - sorry!

Incredible Member

I understand the Cap anniversary thing, but is there really any demand for these stories? Especially the Golden Age and Jurgens stuff? I think it'd be better or more timely to do an omni of Spencer's stuff (including Secret Empire) or that Reiber stuff post 9/11. Or reissue the Waid omni.

Sigh... I'm just salty about still no Aaron Thor omni haha... I'm sure they're timing it with Thor 4 but the Aaron run is easily 2 omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I dislike orphaned issues such as we are seeing with #24. Having that one issue doesn't take away from the Jurgens centric nature of the Omni. It wouldn't make it false advertising to still bill it as CapAm by Jurgengs.
    Yes, I totally agree. What I can't understand is why the Jurgens' Cap is retailing at $125 when there's less than 800 pages??!? The Remender Cap is the same price and there's over 1000 pages.