Page 420 of 993 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 14885
  1. #6286
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So I am almost done with the second Avengers by Busiek & Perez omni & I have noticed 2 torn pages throughout. Now this is the first time I am reading through it and the tears are so randomly placed I cannot imagine I tore the pages myself. In fact the one is a tear in the middle of the page in which it looked like someone tried to cut out half a panel with an x-acto knife.

    I have a very similar situation with one of my New Mutants Classics as well. That one makes me more nervous though since its on newsprint paper.

    Has anyone had similar issues with Marvel books? Or any other random defects?
    The exact same thing happened to me with that book... twice! I had to ask IST for a second replacement copy. Of all the defective hardcovers I received throughout the years, Marvel has the highest number BY FAR. Their quality control leaves much to be desired IMO...

  2. #6287
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Hey guys, been a while. Been a little sick the last few months and reading is still a bit of a drag so I read almost nothing and couldn't bring it up anymore to keep up with the forum. So I was wondering if anyone could tell what bronze age or modern age omni's have been announced for Marvel the past 4/5 months, as I'm planning on reading more again after reading Omega Men in one go recently. Thanks a lot in advanced!

    Ps, I'm planning to keep up a bit more in the future, but I can't promise anything
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  3. #6288
    Super Member DrGregatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    24th and 1/2 Century
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me with that book... twice! I had to ask IST for a second replacement copy. Of all the defective hardcovers I received throughout the years, Marvel has the highest number BY FAR. Their quality control leaves much to be desired IMO...
    I concur. As the owner of many Marvel books its obvious thst quality is job 10--not job 1. The printer(s) they use often make print errors or show no quality control.

  4. #6289
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hey guys, been a while. Been a little sick the last few months and reading is still a bit of a drag so I read almost nothing and couldn't bring it up anymore to keep up with the forum. So I was wondering if anyone could tell what bronze age or modern age omni's have been announced for Marvel the past 4/5 months, as I'm planning on reading more again after reading Omega Men in one go recently. Thanks a lot in advanced!

    Ps, I'm planning to keep up a bit more in the future, but I can't promise anything
    That happened to mr last year. I was sick from Christams Eve to Leap Day. Not fun.

    Hope you feel better.
    Cyclops was right

  5. #6290
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hey guys, been a while. Been a little sick the last few months and reading is still a bit of a drag so I read almost nothing and couldn't bring it up anymore to keep up with the forum. So I was wondering if anyone could tell what bronze age or modern age omni's have been announced for Marvel the past 4/5 months, as I'm planning on reading more again after reading Omega Men in one go recently. Thanks a lot in advanced!

    Ps, I'm planning to keep up a bit more in the future, but I can't promise anything
    First of all: being sick sucks and hope you get well very soon!

    Here is some stuff I remember coming up and might interest you: I'm sucker for B list crap so I'm eagerly waiting for the Byrne Alpha flight omnibus but that's probably not your cup of tea. There is gonna be a Batman Knightfall omnibus and a Len Wein Swamp thing one too.
    Second Peter David Hulk epic and all the Realm and War of Kings omnibuses you could possibly need (road to and aftermath).
    Also JLA bronze age omnibus, Midnighter by Ennis chunky trade, Sandman Mystery theatre v2 tpb, Tarzan by Buscema omnibus (Dynamite), Velvet deluxe (Brubaker), Batman and the Outsiders dlx, Cosmic Odyssey dlx and DCU by Mignola deluxe (I think...these might be downgraded though).

  6. #6291
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hey guys, been a while. Been a little sick the last few months and reading is still a bit of a drag so I read almost nothing and couldn't bring it up anymore to keep up with the forum. So I was wondering if anyone could tell what bronze age or modern age omni's have been announced for Marvel the past 4/5 months, as I'm planning on reading more again after reading Omega Men in one go recently. Thanks a lot in advanced!

    Ps, I'm planning to keep up a bit more in the future, but I can't promise anything
    Once again (see DC thread), good to have you back Victor and hope you feel better soon.

    Below is a link to Amazon of almost all the Marvel Omnis and a few OHCS listed by publication date, newest first:

    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...8613&rnid=1000

    I hope it helps.

  7. #6292
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me with that book... twice! I had to ask IST for a second replacement copy. Of all the defective hardcovers I received throughout the years, Marvel has the highest number BY FAR. Their quality control leaves much to be desired IMO...
    It is such a shame! We shouldn't have to inspect every book for defects. The fact that it happened more than once for the same book is unacceptable. Glad you finally got a clean copy though!

  8. #6293
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Thanks a lot for the well wishes and answers, I did miss you guys. I wasn't really sick though, the disease I have (Lyme disease) had no other consequences than lack of energy (I basically felt like I slept 5 hours a night even though I actually slept 9-10 every day) and after 6 months of that I just didn't have any energy reserves left and spent all the energy on the necessities and I filled my free time with effortless hobbies like listening to music and playing Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm really feeling better though and my doctor says it should be finally over in 2 months.

    As for the solicits: oh... My... Daredevil. Is that a Waid and Brubaker omni I spot there? A bit expensive but pretty damn nice. Also, I thought those WoK omni's only existed in my dreams, though it really sucks that I probably can't afford them before they go oop haha. Also, Marvel's really trying to cash in on GotG aren't they? Who could have ever imagined that the Valentino run would ever be collected in omnibus? Again, tganks a lot guys!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  9. #6294
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    First of all: being sick sucks and hope you get well very soon!

    Here is some stuff I remember coming up and might interest you: I'm sucker for B list crap so I'm eagerly waiting for the Byrne Alpha flight omnibus but that's probably not your cup of tea. There is gonna be a Batman Knightfall omnibus and a Len Wein Swamp thing one too.
    Second Peter David Hulk epic and all the Realm and War of Kings omnibuses you could possibly need (road to and aftermath).
    Also JLA bronze age omnibus, Midnighter by Ennis chunky trade, Sandman Mystery theatre v2 tpb, Tarzan by Buscema omnibus (Dynamite), Velvet deluxe (Brubaker), Batman and the Outsiders dlx, Cosmic Odyssey dlx and DCU by Mignola deluxe (I think...these might be downgraded though).
    Ooooooh, love me some Velvet, might get that deluxe. Also Mignola=buy nowadays so will probably get that as well. Thanks Balakin!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  10. #6295
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Ooooooh, love me some Velvet, might get that deluxe. Also Mignola=buy nowadays so will probably get that as well. Thanks Balakin!
    no bother. Cosmic Odyssey is Mignola as well so you might want to check that out too. And anything Brubaker is insta buy too. There are loads of good stuff but the Tarzan by Buscema is my most eagerly waited book for this year. Love Tarzan, Buscema is brilliant and if it's the same build quality as the Doc Savage archives it will be a very lovely book.

  11. #6296
    Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Hello everybody! I have returned from a long hiatus. I officially stopped buying new comic books in May of this year. It really wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I don't need MORE comic books and pretty much lost interest in anything that has been released lately. I've been keeping busy with the classics like Simonson's Thor run, Englehart and Starlin's Captain Marvel work and going back to my 80's comics from when I got into the hobby. I am still on the lookout for cheap collected editions and rest easy with the fact that anything that is published in floppy format will eventually make it to collected form. Just wanted to pop in and say hello again!

  12. #6297
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the well wishes and answers, I did miss you guys. I wasn't really sick though, the disease I have (Lyme disease) had no other consequences than lack of energy (I basically felt like I slept 5 hours a night even though I actually slept 9-10 every day) and after 6 months of that I just didn't have any energy reserves left and spent all the energy on the necessities and I filled my free time with effortless hobbies like listening to music and playing Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm really feeling better though and my doctor says it should be finally over in 2 months.

    As for the solicits: oh... My... Daredevil. Is that a Waid and Brubaker omni I spot there? A bit expensive but pretty damn nice. Also, I thought those WoK omni's only existed in my dreams, though it really sucks that I probably can't afford them before they go oop haha. Also, Marvel's really trying to cash in on GotG aren't they? Who could have ever imagined that the Valentino run would ever be collected in omnibus? Again, tganks a lot guys!
    Smash is the best. If you agve to be holed up with something, that's xertianly a good choice.
    Cyclops was right

  13. #6298
    Incredible Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Any reason to buy the Bendis GotG omnibus over the oversized hardcovers?

  14. #6299
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Hello everybody! I have returned from a long hiatus. I officially stopped buying new comic books in May of this year. It really wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I don't need MORE comic books and pretty much lost interest in anything that has been released lately. I've been keeping busy with the classics like Simonson's Thor run, Englehart and Starlin's Captain Marvel work and going back to my 80's comics from when I got into the hobby. I am still on the lookout for cheap collected editions and rest easy with the fact that anything that is published in floppy format will eventually make it to collected form. Just wanted to pop in and say hello again!
    That's too bad nothing modern appeals to you. But welcome back! Any criminally underrated 80s series you can recommend?

  15. #6300
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Any reason to buy the Bendis GotG omnibus over the oversized hardcovers?
    I could be wrong but I think it collects a limited series that the OHCs don't unless it's something collected in the third OHC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •