Page 747 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2476476977377437447457467477487497507517577978471247 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 20773
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Btw, how did everyone do on the white whale front in 2017? I only obtained 2 books but they were well below cover:
    I was able to find a Tomb of Dracula v1 for cover price. That completed my back log, so now it's just keeping up with new releases
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    After ultimatum, what is the reading order for the ultimate and ultimate Avengers?
    If I remember correctly they are pretty much separate series until the New Ultimates vs Ultimate Avengers/Death of Spider-man story. Which is probably the only one worth reading IMHO. Here is a reading order I've found online, I can't remember exactly how it went down it was years ago I've read it and honestly it's not the most memorably read (except for the Spidey stuff)
    http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/story...st.php?arc=436

Although if Ultimatum didn't make you stop reading the titles you will probably enjoy it more than I did.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I was able to find a Tomb of Dracula v1 for cover price. That completed my back log, so now it's just keeping up with new releases
    The omnibus? Nice score if so. I want to dive into ToD but can't justify the prices for a blind buy based on art alone.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    The omnibus? Nice score if so. I want to dive into ToD but can't justify the prices for a blind buy based on art alone.
    Tomb of Dracula Omnibus vol 1 ... man that brings back some memories. I remember about six or seven years ago now I guess those were getting harder and harder to find. I lucked into a handful of copies of them (the DM variant cover version) for cover price on a back issue website and bought four or five of them and flipped them for close to double my money overall. That was a good white whale find.

Somebody on these boards years & years ago was buying TODv2 off of amazon marketplace for like $10 or less (!!) or something crazy like that and then flipping them on eBay. The marketplace sellers didn't know what they had apparently and the prices kept going lower and lower to silly resale prices. They posted a picture once upon a time with like 20 copies of the book all lined up on a shelf. Crazy.

Somebody up thread was talking about the Neal Adams Batman Omnibus. Didn't know that one was now a white whale either. I've got one stashed away somewhere in boxes from when we moved a couple years ago. Always wanted to read it but never got around to it yet.

Nice score!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

Somebody up thread was talking about the Neal Adams Batman Omnibus. Didn't know that one was now a white whale either. I've got one stashed away somewhere in boxes from when we moved a couple years ago. Always wanted to read it but never got around to it yet.
    Yeah, I didn't know it was a whale. I bought it when it came out...Read it...Sold it because it was mostly pretty bad. I probably made $10 buck profit but I just wanted to make my money back. I got it for 50 percent off since I bought it the first week of release.

I like Adams' art but the man can't write worth a shit. I've also never been impressed by Bob "Zany" Haney.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Nice one mate and congratulations on completing your white whale list.

My list has been nicely diminishing but I still have a handful left: 2 Omnis (Daredevil Bendis Vol. 1, Immortal Iron Fist), a couple of Spidey OHCs (Back in Black, Civil War) and one MMW (ASM Vol. 14).

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    After ultimatum, what is the reading order for the ultimate and ultimate Avengers?
    Ultimate Avengers 1, 2 (> Ultimate New Ultimates > Ultimate Enemy Trilogy), 3 > Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates > Ultimate Fallout

(From my Ultimate Universe Guide)
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I bought the complete collection TP vol 1 and only found it "ok" although I hear it gets better. I would maybe check that out before thinking about spending money on out of print Omnibus'.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Nice find. I have an ideal copy of that second print. It's a beautiful beast.

Btw, how did everyone do on the white whale front in 2017? I only obtained 2 books but they were well below cover:

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 6 & 7 OHCs.
    I finally found an an X-Men Inferno OHC that I could rationalize paying for. It was $96. It had a tiny tear on the back cover, but that sort of imperfection doesn't really bother me (as long as it's not on the spine where I'll notice it constantly). Remaining whales (all omnis) are Bendis DD 1&2, Ultimates, Iron Fist, Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Thor 1, Avengers 1, Johns Flash 3, Strangers in Paradise. At this point, just crossing my fingers that most of these will see a reprint sometime during the next 10 years.

I'm not sure I have any whales left. I guess if I saw the Silver Surfer for a good deal, I'd pick it up but I'm not actively hunting for a copy.

I've had a few books that are considered whales that I actually sols, like the Bendis DD set, Astonishing X-Men and the Ultimates, in order to get the OHCs and then use the profit to buy more books.

My 2 Marvel omnibus whales are:
    Silver Surfer
    Thor vol.1

I guess it's just a matter of time (an the characters get movie attention) until reprints.
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Spectacular Member

My white wales seem to be pretty common: Bendis Daredevil 1 and 2 (MAYBE Daredevil Season 3?); Iron Fist Brubaker (maybe Iron Fist Season 2); and of course the biggest one for me personally Captain Britain. I do not see any way to get one for an affordable amount plus X in Germany. Cheapest one I saw was around 200 a long time ago on cheap-comics if I remember correctly.

I would also buy the Spidey Michelinie/McFarlane Omnibus if it sees a reprint someday.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

The white whales I managed to pick up this year were the New Avengers by Bendis volume 5 and 6 OHCs, I'm not sure if they are super rare or not but it took me a long time to find them for a decent price. The white whales I still need are Daredevil by Bendis volume 1 and 2, the first 3 volumes of Brubaker's Captain America, and Astonishing X-Men. I'm really hoping for some reprints .

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Daredevil Bendis Omnibuses seem to be quite popular amongst white whalers, in particular Vol. 1. I'm especially hoping they see reprints along with Daredevil Season 3 on Netflix which is slready filming.

I hope they also go ahead with a second season of Iron Fist even though season 1 wasn‘t overly well received. I'm probably in the minority but it was actually one of my favourites, with Luke Cage being my least liked series.

The Daredevil Bendis Omnibuses seem to be quite popular amongst white whalers, in particular Vol. 1. I'm especially hoping they see reprints along with Daredevil Season 3 on Netflix which is slready filming.

I hope they also go ahead with a second season of Iron Fist even though season 1 wasn‘t overly well received. I'm probably in the minority but it was actually one of my favourites, with Luke Cage being my least liked series.
    I' m a little bit disappointed that we dont get reprint of Iron Fist omnibus. I mean, c'mon Marvel, 4 Punisher omni and you cant reprint Iron Fist's best book