Astonishing Member

I didn't see this posted yet. Conan the Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Volume 7 was announced during the Marvel Previews video. Go to the 10:50 mark for details on content, release date, and covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

From Near Mint Condition Breaking News: 1 New Marvel Omnibus & 1 Reprint in March 2022!

I'll pass on the new omnibus. Definitely getting the reprint.
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Update '89 - collects Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Update '89 (1989) #1-8

Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Vol. 2 (New Printing - 2 covers)

Spectacular Member

Looks like we'll have an Inferno by Hickman HC. The miniseries was announced recently

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302932817/

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Looks like we'll have an Inferno by Hickman HC. The miniseries was announced recently

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302932817/
    Yeah, I found this and a couple of other titles (X-Men by Duggan and The Trial of Magneto) on Amazon.ca.

I think I'm missing something again with the Xbooks
    I gave Marauders a shot since I see it on a lot of recommendations and it just fell flat to me.. Does it get better after issue 3 or am I missing something? The same goes for Excalibur, I felt it was really wordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I gave Marauders a shot since I see it on a lot of recommendations and it just fell flat to me.. Does it get better after issue 3 or am I missing something? The same goes for Excalibur, I felt it was really wordy.
    IMO it doesn't get any better for either series. Marauders is really just a Kitty/Emma series while the rest of the team legit do nothing. Excalibur is the same except it's much worse and terribly written. If you want to read a good Hickman era X-book I recommend Hellions and Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    IMO it doesn't get any better for either series. Marauders is really just a Kitty/Emma series while the rest of the team legit do nothing. Excalibur is the same except it's much worse and terribly written. If you want to read a good Hickman era X-book I recommend Hellions and Sword.
    Yeah neither book is really engaging. I love Ewing and I really recently read a small handful of Immortal Hulk issues that I enjoyed, so I might check out Sword. I need to look up Hellions - thanks for your opinion!

Incredible Member

Do you feel the Marvel Masterworks are worth the premium price they go for?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Excalibur works for some people but is definitely not one of the books people frequently mention among the best of the DoX era. (Marauders often IS, so it may just not work for you, though I agree that the start is a little uneven.)

In general, the best current X-books are Hellions, Marauders, and X-Factor (which just ended). Way of X is getting a ton of love but is only two issues in. New Mutants is getting really good reviews for the current run (Vita Ayala writing) and the Hickman issues, with reaction to the Ed Brisson issues being more mixed. It’s absolutely worth reading currently, though.

EDIT: people seem to like SWORD too, though I haven’t read it so can’t comment.

Astonishing Member

Breaking News: 1 New Marvel Omnibus in March 2022!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Excalibur works for some people but is definitely not one of the books people frequently mention among the best of the DoX era. (Marauders often IS, so it may just not work for you, though I agree that the start is a little uneven.)

In general, the best current X-books are Hellions, Marauders, and X-Factor (which just ended). Way of X is getting a ton of love but is only two issues in. New Mutants is getting really good reviews for the current run (Vita Ayala writing) and the Hickman issues, with reaction to the Ed Brisson issues being more mixed. It’s absolutely worth reading currently, though.

EDIT: people seem to like SWORD too, though I haven’t read it so can’t comment.
    I'm Uber bored at work, so I was able to read up on Sword., it is enjoyable. But it's a little muddled down by events like Empyre and King in Black.

Spectacular Member

I'm kind of disappointed with the whole Dawn of X premise. Its convoluted, makes pretty much all of the X-characters smarmy and dislikeable, and the overall premise just does not add up. I don't see how any of the events with Moira/Xavier/Magneto could happen in light of the retcon.

Also- the killing off of characters- if one of your loved ones died, and the technology was there to clone/implant memories, you'd still mourn for your loved one. That person would still be dead- I don't get how the characters could ever be so blase about it.

I wish there had been a tighter focus for this series- and maybe an actual 'theme'.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Do you feel the Marvel Masterworks are worth the premium price they go for?
    I do. You miss the oversized art but other than that, you still get the premium build and paper that you got on the older Marvel OHC/Omnis, and the restoration is usually top notch.

So I've got 6-8 items I'm eyeing for the current DCBS pre-orders, spread over October, November, January, and December. How does that work, do I make 1 big order with all those items but they don't ship until the last item is released but they hold my stuff for me from the previous months? Or do they go ahead and factor in the 4 different shipping charges automatically and send me 1 shipment each month?

I figure it's quicker to get a reply here than it is to email them and there are only a few days left until FOC.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    So I've got 6-8 items I'm eyeing for the current DCBS pre-orders, spread over October, November, January, and December. How does that work, do I make 1 big order with all those items but they don't ship until the last item is released but they hold my stuff for me from the previous months? Or do they go ahead and factor in the 4 different shipping charges automatically and send me 1 shipment each month?

I figure it's quicker to get a reply here than it is to email them and there are only a few days left until FOC.
    DCBS offers weekly or monthly shipping a $7.50 per shipment.

I would be most cost effective to order all at once and pay the flat rate, and then select the single (monthly) shipping option. You'll pay a grand total up front, and receive the books as they become available.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES