Page 1369 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3698691269131913591365136613671368136913701371137213731379 ... LastLast
Results 20,521 to 20,535 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I liked it VERY much, when the series came out. A lot of fun. The second series is quite a bit of a roller coaster. PAD was set on keeping the reader on his toes.

Peace
    Thanks, I ended up buying it

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Still insane how Fractions Iron Man is yet to be collected.
    Crazy how that Iron Man run seems to get no love. Larocca did the full run on art too. That is rare to have one art team for the full run in modern comics.
    I would put it right next to Brubaker's Cap in quality level - and that run gets reprinted all the time.

The first 2 oversized HCs of Fraction/Larocca's Iron Man are still relatively easy to find. The rest of the run was only released in standard sized HCs/TPBs - and those HCs seem to be pretty scarce.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Thanks, I ended up buying it
    Let us know what you think. It's one of my favourite series.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Let us know what you think. It's one of my favourite series.
    Will do. Should be arriving today so I'll probably start it once I'm done with Venomnibus vol.1.

In Omar’s January preview he announced Ultimate Invasion Treasury edition was coming in March. In the February preview he shows Ultimate Invasion tpb is coming in March. I guess the Treasury edition got delayed or cancelled?

I'll definitely be getting that first one

Astonishing Member

Very surprised on the first one. It's basically a recent omni plus a few extra issues.

The second was #77 on this years most wanted omn poll.

I understand what they were trying to do with the first one but it's going to end up pissing off a lot of people and I'm damn sure one of those people. Nothing against Omar as this is strictly on Marvel.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I understand what they were trying to do with the first one but it's going to end up pissing off a lot of people and I'm damn sure one of those people. Nothing against Omar as this is strictly on Marvel.
    I think yes but also it was going to happen eventually with a mixture of event and numbered omnis already out. As someone who has stayed clear of the early numbered omnis I was really happy to see this.

Spectacular Member

I think yes but also it was going to happen eventually with a mixture of event and numbered omnis already out. As someone who has stayed clear of the early numbered omnis I was really happy to see this.
    yeah but if you want the letter pages you would want uxm 5 and xfactor 1, also the prelude may not carry over all the extras from those 2 omnis, but we will see on that part when the overviee is out next year

Astonishing Member

Coming in August 2024

spoilers:
    X-MEN MUTANT MASSACRE PRELUDE OMNIBUS
    Collecting Uncanny X-Men (1981) #194-209, X-Men Annual (2970) #9-10, New Mutants Special Edition (1985) #1, New Mutants Annual (1984) #2, Nightcrawler (1985) #1-4, Longshot (1985) #1-6, Avengers (1963) #263, Fantastic Four (1961) #286, X-Factor (1986) #1-8, X-Factor Annual (1986) #1, Iron Man Annual (1970) #8, Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #282; material from Marvel Fanfare (1982) #33; Classic X-Men (1986) #8, 43
    end of spoilers

and coming in October 2024

spoilers:
    DAZZLER OMNIBUS
    Collecting X-Men (1963) #130-131, Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #203, Dazzler (1981) #1-42, Marvel Graphic Novel (1982) #12, Beauty and the Beast (1984) #1-4, Secret Wars II (1985) #4; material from What If (1977) #33, Marvel Fanfare (1982) #38
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Rincewind; 11-06-2023 at 07:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So they are again repackaging a prior OHC as an OMNI. Does this contain any new material?

I might get the second one if it makes it to deep discount land.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So they are again repackaging a prior OHC as an OMNI. Does this contain any new material?

I might get the second one if it makes it to deep discount land.
    No, Prelude to Mutant Massacre has the same contents as Uncanny X-Men Vol 5, plus the early X-Factor stuff.

The problem is that this wasn't announced until Uncanny X-Men Volume 5 had already been released. People who bought UXM 5 might have waited for this volume if they knew it was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    No, Prelude to Mutant Massacre has the same contents as Uncanny X-Men Vol 5, plus the early X-Factor stuff.

The problem is that this wasn't announced until Uncanny X-Men Volume 5 had already been released. People who bought UXM 5 might have waited for this volume if they knew it was coming.
    I can definitely say that I would have waited not only for the extra material but also so I wouldn't have to look at the shelf and see that out of place looking spine for UXM 5.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Going to get the X-Factor omni other wise would be upset spent money on 5 when it will all be in this one. Excited for Dazzler to finally get omnibus form been holding off on the MMW hoping it would come.