Page 1388 of 1389 FirstFirst ... 388888128813381378138413851386138713881389 LastLast
Results 20,806 to 20,820 of 20825
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

2 new books coming early next year.
    Coming in March 2025

spoilers:
    AVENGERS FOREVER BY JASON AARON

Collecting: Avengers Forever (2021) 1-15, Avengers Forever Infinity Comic (2022) 1-4, Avengers Assemble Alpha (2002) 1, Avengers (2018) 63-66, Avengers Assemble Omega (2023) 1

Note: This volume collects the remaining Aaron run on Avengers starting where OHC Vol 5 ended. I assume this book is for the OHC collectors with a full omnibus set of Avengers by Aaron coming later
    end of spoilers

and coming in February 2025

spoilers:
    BLACK PANTHER BY REGINALD HUDLIN OMNIBUS

Collecting: Black Panther (2005) #1–14, Annual 1; X-Men (1991) #175–176; Black Panther (2009) #1–6; Black Panther/Captain America: Flags of Our Fathers #1–4; Black Panther Saga; Black Panter Annual (2018) 1 C Story

Note: This has the contents of the complete collections for Black Panther by Hudlin plus the story from the 2018 BP annual.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Delete post
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 06-11-2024 at 04:51 AM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

New omnibus coming in March 2025. This one is on the Most Wanted Omnis for 2024.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    Glad to hear about this one. I now wonder if it'll be $75 or $100msrp cause the page count should be on the smaller side. Which in the past Omnis of this size would only be $75.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

New omnibus coming in March 2025. This one is on the Most Wanted Omnis for 2024.
    I've wanted this one for a while. I've heard nothing but praise for this run, plus I'm very eager to read the first appearance of one of my favourite Marvel entities.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Is there a reason why this Dr Strange volume is not omnibus number three?
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member

DOCTOR STRANGE: MASTER OF THE MYSTIC ARTS VOLUME 1

Collecting: Marvel Premiere (1972) #3-14, Doctor Strange (1974) #1-22, Doctor Strange Annual (1976) #1, Tomb of Dracula (1972) #44

This book was number 16 in this year's Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus poll.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Is there a reason why this Dr Strange volume is not omnibus number three?
    Because Marvel feels more people will buy it if they differentiate between the Doctor Strange series than using straight volume numbers. The 90s Sorcerer Supreme series was collecting with its own designation. There is demand for the 80s material for Doctor Strange and including Master of the Mystic Arts in the title will let reader know exactly what this material is in a way that "Volume 3" doesn't.

Thank you for the answer.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I recently became aware of a recent row regarding TASM Nick Spencer omnibus vol 2.

Misprint of a page during a crucial battle against Peter and Norman.

From Amazing Spider-Man vol 5 #49. The correct page:

What is in the omni. Notice that the image is duplicated on both pages, BUT with the page on the left having the correct text bubbles for the missing page.

From what is being said on Reddit, so grain of salt. Marvel has not issued a recall from respective vendors and retailers. I remember when this happened with JLI omnibus vol 1 and Morrison’s New 52 Superman omnibus. With blank text bubbles and incorrect pages. DC did a recall and reprint. Hopefully Marvel does the same.

The 2018 volume 5 of Spider-Man was on my list. Nick Spencer’s TASM vol 1+2 and TASM Beyond. The latter which finishes out the rest of vol 5 issues.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-16-2024 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I recently became aware of a recent row regarding TASM Nick Spencer omnibus vol 2.

From what is being said on Reddit, so grain of salt. Marvel has not issued a recall from respective vendors and retailers. I remember when this happened with JLI omnibus vol 1 and Morrison’s New 52 Superman omnibus. With blank text bubbles and incorrect pages. DC did a recall and reprint. Hopefully Marvel does the same.

The 2018 volume 5 of Spider-Man was on my list. Nick Spencer’s TASM vol 1+2 and TASM Beyond. The latter which finishes out the rest of vol 5 issues.
    I don't believe they ever did for any of their misprints. The original Criminal Deluxes come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

I just checked and the misprint is in my copy. That stinks.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I heard about and saw visuals post online about the ASM Nick Spencer vol.2
    It was one of those times I was glad I had already decided to not jump on a release.
    I'll wait to hear about a recall or wait a few years for a reprint. Plenty to read till then.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I don't believe they ever did for any of their misprints. The original Criminal Deluxes come to mind.
    Really? Damn. That is a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I just checked and the misprint is in my copy. That stinks.
    Major bummer.

Do keep us updated if you reach out to the retailer or vendor you bought it from. Let us know if you hear about Marvel doing anything to rectify this. It looks unlikely they'll do much given their track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I heard about and saw visuals post online about the ASM Nick Spencer vol.2
    It was one of those times I was glad I had already decided to not jump on a release.
    I'll wait to hear about a recall or wait a few years for a reprint. Plenty to read till then.
    Same. I was planning on buying these volumes in July.

New word for a omnibus release next year.

The Amazing Spider-Man vol 6.

Astonishing Member

Beaten by Doctor Know in the omnibus video